What's new

Iran, Israel, Pakistan and North Korea were rated most negatively.

There is a problem with Pakistan's image being what it is and what it is being projected in the western world, reason can be many from the wested interests of the foreign biased media to ordinary Pakistanis being abroad who don't project the good side of Pakistan. Lobbies can be very effective and Pakistani lobby unfortunately is very poor in this regard. Media is another important factor, we lack in that field too. These things together produce negative results.
Indian lobby is on the right track. They saw the jewish lobby, followed it, learned from it and they are predicting good results. We too need the same.

India is at the forefront of an International lobby to discredit, deomonise and declare a terrorist and failed state, of the Pakistani nation.

The media has been used to create an impression of Pakistan that is far from teh truth. Pakistanis are probably the biggest victims of terrorism in teh world these days, yet the media makes sure that we gain no sympathy from the world.

You know something?? Indian missiles were never a threat for Pakistan in the whole issue. But India media surely was!

I have been constantly telling about Pakistan getting hurt on the reputation front. But all the members seemed so convinced about world knowing the so called 'lies' of Indian media that no one was ready to see the reality.

If Pakistan continues to be in the same mode, Indian media will be more aggressive and worse will be the impact of Pakistan. No matter how sour, but this is the truth.

maximus, you do me an injustice here. I highlighted Pakistan (and not say Israel) because this is a Pakistan forum ('defence.pk'). I don't think we'd get much expertise on this forum if we want to discuss North Korea.

As someone else pointed out, it would appear that 18 of the 21 countries polled viewed Pakistan negatively.

Pakistan has its fair share of problems. From the very basic issues such as human rights to major problems such as WoT facing the country today. No one can deny them. However, such polls don't reflect the reality. In fact, most alike polls that are conducted are biased and politically motivated. Anyone taking these polls too seriously is naive. It's quite ironic that you fail to mention India. India too is on the list which scores not so favourably. Being a so-called democracy I had expected better from India.

But they surely reflect the relations and image. And both these things reflect foreign business.

No doubt, India should have done better. But for that, it is important to accept the reality. We have already done it. But, there seems no such development on Pakistani side.

Ya, ya...

But I can't see any Hindu or Hindu majority nation which have supported India for that reason. It clearly shows votes are not given on this criteria.

Also, the thread was supposed to discuss lagging of Pakistan in the list....but what I see is only denial and fingers pointing towards India.

You're simply being silly then.

It quite clearly says the majority of European countries surveyed found India to be mainly negative in outlook.

It's only because Pakistan is beamed into the TV boxes of almost all the central american countries from the US that central Americans would have a negative outlook on Pakistan.

Combine this with the fact that Pakistan was not sampled, and India was.

There's many factors. Another one is the perception of Muslims due to the WoT etc etc, which would contribute to the Pakistani score negatively even if Pakistan was completely clean.

Human Rights watch-2009 report India 's failure to protect

Source: Human Rights watch-2009 report India 's failure to protect minorities | Persecution Update India <- This is how minorities are treated in India today and the West in particular turning a blind eye. Like I said, it's all politically motivated.

May be this is one of the reasons India could only perform "average"?

How can you say "West is turning a blind eye"? Also, India was never in the scene when the thread started!

That's inaccurate. The person that posted this thread made it his target to specifically single out Pakistan. That person is obviously biased and anti-Pakistan. Everyone knows that on this forum. Many other nations including India are on the list. We should discuss them all and not put focus on one single country for biased reasons.

Agreed, but that doesn't mean that Pakistan should NOT be discussed at all.

May be this is one of the reasons India could only perform "average"?

How can you say "West is turning a blind eye"? Also, India was never in the scene when the thread started!

Well, consider that every action has a reaction.

You're simply being silly then.

It quite clearly says the majority of European countries surveyed found India to be mainly negative in outlook.

It's only because Pakistan is beamed into the TV boxes of almost all the central american countries from the US that central Americans would have a negative outlook on Pakistan.

Combine this with the fact that Pakistan was not sampled, and India was.

There's many factors. Another one is the perception of Muslims due to the WoT etc etc, which would contribute to the Pakistani score negatively even if Pakistan was completely clean.

Now you sound like being blind purposely. Calling me silly won't help you.

When India is voted negatively, it is what they deserve. But when it comes to Pakistan, reasons are media, 'other than Muslim' nations, image of Islam and most importantly, India.

This is more than a "defeat in war" for Pakistan if India is going to control Pakistan's image in the world.

You certainly can run from the truth, but can't change it.

There is a problem with Pakistan's image being what it is and what it is being projected in the western world, reason can be many from the wested interests of the foreign biased media to ordinary Pakistanis being abroad who don't project the good side of Pakistan.

Care to name a few Pakistanis abroad that are negatively impacting the image of Pakistan? Which Pakistani would want to portray a bad image of his/her country? I'm very curious...

"maximus, you do me an injustice here. I highlighted Pakistan (and not say Israel) because this is a Pakistan forum ('defence.pk'). I don't think we'd get much expertise on this forum if we want to discuss North Korea."

- What could be more natural than discussing Pakistan on a Pakistan centric forum? I mean, if you want a haircut you go to the barbers shop and not to the grocery store, right?

Care to name a few Pakistanis abroad that are negatively impacting the image of Pakistan? Which Pakistani would want to portray a bad image of his/her country? I'm very curious...

Who are you to ask me on names?Moreover If i say someone by the name of Khalid in Canada, would you know him? No. So don't come up with silly questions and stop nitpicking my post. I am already done with you.

Now you sound like being blind purposely. Calling me silly won't help you.

When India is voted negatively, it is what they deserve. But when it comes to Pakistan, reasons are media, 'other than Muslim' nations, image of Islam and most importantly, India.

This is more than a "defeat in war" for Pakistan if India is going to control Pakistan's image in the world.

You certainly can run from the truth, but can't change it.

Those reason are very valid. You cannot deny that the West has vested interests with India. The West cannot bare a Muslim nation armed with nuclear weapons. It's not part of their plan.

Also, India having the privilege of having better relations with the West, misses no opportunity in blackmailing and spreading false propaganda regarding Pakistan. Why wouldn't India do that, since they consider Pakistan as an enemy, right?

Back
Top Bottom