What's new

Iran completes indigenous missile system Bavar-373

I didn't see any news about the latest developments on this system so here are the last two. It seems like the pieces of puzzles are coming together.

Sayad 4 Missile:

793537_920.jpg

This missile which is believed to be Bavar 373 main missile has similarities to Russian 48N6E Missile that is used in both S-300 and S-400 systems. There is not much known about Sayad 4 except the fact that it has been successfully tested. The Russian model is 7.5m long and around 51cm in diameter. it weighs around 1800kg and can reach Mach 10. It can hit targets at 10,000 to 27,000m altitude and has a range of 5 -150 km. Its warhead is 150 kg.

Najm Radar:

853305_750.jpg

It is the most advanced Iranian built radar which will be part of the Bavar 373 AD system. It was first revealed around 3 years ago. It is built by SAIRAN industries.

It is a phased array radar composed of 5120 elements (64x80) which can search and intercept flying objects at the same time. It is a 3D radar that probably works in L or S bands. Its operational range is estimated to be between 10km - 400km. It is similar to Russian Gama and Chinese Type 305 B radars

I didn't see any news about the latest developments on this system so here are the last two. It seems like the pieces of puzzles are coming together.

Sayad 4 Missile:

793537_920.jpg

This missile which is believed to be Bavar 373 main missile has similarities to Russian 48N6E Missile that is used in both S-300 and S-400 systems. There is not much known about Sayad 4 except the fact that it has been successfully tested. The Russian model is 7.5m long and around 51cm in diameter. it weighs around 1800kg and can reach Mach 10. It can hit targets at 10,000 to 27,000m altitude and has a range of 5 -150 km. Its warhead is 150 kg.

Najm Radar:

853305_750.jpg

It is the most advanced Iranian built radar which will be part of the Bavar 373 AD system. It was first revealed around 3 years ago. It is built by SAIRAN industries.

It is a phased array radar composed of 5120 elements (64x80) which can search and intercept flying objects at the same time. It is a 3D radar that probably works in L or S bands. Its operational range is estimated to be between 10km - 400km. It is similar to Russian Gama and Chinese Type 305 B radars
brother are u sure this is most advanc iranian radar ? as you mentioned it was revealed three years ago
about sayyad 4 missile i have feeling range is more than that

brother are u sure this is most advanc iranian radar ? as you mentioned it was revealed three years ago
about sayyad 4 missile i have feeling range is more than that

That's what Mashreghnews says. I think what they mean is its abilities to change frequency and wave 1000 times per second which makes finding it for enemy difficult. It also has wave shaping ability meaning it uses physical rotation for sweeping horizontal plain but uses wave shaping technology to intercept (I was cautious to interpret "Rahgiri") and search for new targets at the same time. If the word means illuminating and searching at the same time then it definitely is the most advanced of Iran's radars.

Please refer to defense section on مشرق نیوز | mashreghnews.ir for more info.

Edit: It also says the there is an alternative version of Russian counter part that has a range of 195km. ، this is the coverage at 150 km:

793540_569.png

Author doesn't have any information about the missile range but guessing that Sayad 3 (red one below) that is integrated into the S-200 system, should have the same range as S-200 original range (200km). Then I would agree that a larger one like Sayad 4 should go beyond 200km.

793546_808.jpg

This is the area it can cover at 400 km range:

793541_707.png

Last edited:
@Azeri440

Have a look through this thread when free, some good info about Iran's system.
That is if you're interested of course.

well obviously, that goes without being said.

so whats your point? i did not claim iran could not make high energy solid fuels, just that those fuels are not as good as what the russians have.

You're talking alot of nonsense here. You're acting like you know more about Iranian capability than the Iranian commander of the air defence Khatam al binia. Either back your statements with facts that Iran lacks certain capabilities or have the decency not to waste thread space.

Iran has stated their long range air defence is more advance than the s-300pmu2 which is the most modern of the family. They showed a poster comparing the two but the image was not good enough to see the detail, this is because it was just a journalist image and it was not an official unveiling ceremony, the official unveiling will come soon. Anyway, I see zero reason why that can't be true. Iran already has other long range air defence like sayyad-3 with range of more than 200km. As for Radar, Iran is already producing radar from 250km AESA to 3000 km OTH. So no issue there either.

Is Iran as advance as Russia? Of course not, no Iranian is claiming that. Russians have s-400 and s-500. Once bavar is fully made the next step will to match the s-400. Iran already has the technological base for the hightech long range system and is currently working on multiple long range systems, such as ra'ad 100km, 200km range system and alam al hoda system.
Where Iran lacks in air defence is anti ballistic missile and hopefully that will change.

. it weighs around 1800kg and can reach Mach 10. It can hit targets at 10,000 to 27,000m altitude and has a range of 5 -150 km. Its warhead is 150 kg.

Just some corrections bro,

The Russian 48N6E missile does not have a speed of mach-10. It's speed is 2000m/s so around 5.5 mach.
Also, Iranian AESA radar you posted, why do you sad it's similar to the Russian and Chinese system? I see no resemblance other than the fact it's an AESA radar.

@Azeri440

Just some corrections bro,

The Russian 48N6E missile does not have a speed of mach-10. It's speed is 2000m/s so around 5.5 mach.
Also, Iranian AESA radar you posted, why do you sad it's similar to the Russian and Chinese system? I see no resemblance other than the fact it's an AESA radar.

All of it is a direct translation of article in Mashregh News. I have mentioned the link inside the thread.

All of it is a direct translation of article in Mashregh News. I have mentioned the link inside the thread.

Well they made a mistake, all available sources do not give values anywhere near mach-10.
As for radar, I am not sure. Not enough information is available about it.

Very good job posting it anyway. How old is the article?

Well they made a mistake, all available sources do not give values anywhere near mach-10.
As for radar, I am not sure. Not enough information is available about it.

Very good job posting it anyway. How old is the article?
Yeah, Mach 10 sounded strange to me too but didn't want to change the translation.

The part about the missiles is around 5 months old but the one regarding the radar was published a few days ago

Mach 10? .. Not possible :blink:

I have a question. if Iran could build a superior system S-300, why we order s-300 russia?

Mach 10? .. Not possible :blink:

I have a question. if Iran could build a superior system S-300, why we order s-300 russia?

Sister, I answered this question to you yesterday.
Iran did not buy the s-300 when we had the technology to build such an advance system. We have the technology to build such system today in 2015, however, in 2007 when we purchased the s-300 we did not have the technology to build such a thing. 2007 was 8 years ago! 8 years ago we had no such technology but today we are very advanced in this regard.

Sister, I answered this question to you yesterday.
Iran did not buy the s-300 when we had the technology to build such an advance system. We have the technology to build such system today in 2015, however, in 2007 when we purchased the s-300 we did not have the technology to build such a thing. 2007 was 8 years ago! 8 years ago we had no such technology but today we are very advanced in this regard.
we move too fast faster than normal, I hope that we move as fast for aircraft;)

we move too fast faster than normal, I hope that we move as fast for aircraft;)

It was out of necessity! We were being threatened by America, the most powerful country and because of the threats we now have so many air defence system ready and almost ready. Aircrafts are not as necessary for our defence. Nobody will attack Iran because we've attained deterrent. However, fighter jets are still badly needed. Hopefully we will see major advancements in this field soon. :tup::cheers:

It was out of necessity! We were being threatened by America, the most powerful country and because of the threats we now have so many air defence system ready and almost ready. Aircrafts are not as necessary for our defence. Nobody will attack Iran because we've attained deterrent. However, fighter jets are still badly needed. Hopefully we will see major advancements in this field soon. :tup::cheers:
planes are as important today, it increases our defensive power and will allow us to launch specific attack on the enemy base or tanker field ...

if the team of our cruise missile launch can be fantastic pass everything. more hunter is able to respond more quickly in the teritoire because it is mobile and can intercept a high altitule.

it is important to have good aircraft. I dream of seeing the Su-35 in the army of the Iranian air, I mostly dream of seeing a mighty hunter mad in Iran

Iran has stated their long range air defence is more advance than the s-300pmu2 which is the most modern of the family. They showed a poster comparing the two but the image was not good enough to see the detail, this is because it was just a journalist image and it was not an official unveiling ceremony, the official unveiling will come soon. Anyway, I see zero reason why that can't be true. Iran already has other long range air defence like sayyad-3 with range of more than 200km. As for Radar, Iran is already producing radar from 250km AESA to 3000 km OTH. So no issue there either.

"stated" yes iran suddenly has a s-300 equivalent the moment they find out russia isnt gonna supply them with the s-300 lol
and infact i has posted about the whole s-300 equivalent before. i have stated in a past thread that its very possible for iran have a system better than the initial s-300, but equivalent or superior to one of the lastest like the s-300pmu2? yea.. no, you can have good scientist and engineers but i refuse to believe iran has magically scientists and engineers.

OTH radars are stationary and will be the first things targeted.

Is Iran as advance as Russia? Of course not, no Iranian is claiming that. Russians have s-400 and s-500. Once bavar is fully made the next step will to match the s-400. Iran already has the technological base for the hightech long range system and is currently working on multiple long range systems, such as ra'ad 100km, 200km range system and alam al hoda system.
Where Iran lacks in air defence is anti ballistic missile and hopefully that will change.

im sure they are working on it, but currently? nothing there to poses a serious threat the likes of the f-35/f-22/b-2

"stated" yes iran suddenly has a s-300 equivalent the moment they find out russia isnt gonna supply them with the s-300 lol
and infact i has posted about the whole s-300 equivalent before. i have stated in a past thread that its very possible for iran have a system better than the initial s-300, but equivalent or superior to one of the lastest like the s-300pmu2? yea.. no, you can have good scientist and engineers but i refuse to believe iran has magically scientists and engineers.

OTH radars are stationary and will be the first things targeted.

im sure they are working on it, but currently? nothing there to poses a serious threat the likes of the f-35/f-22/b-2
f35? lol try to finish it, come to speak harsh, which tells you that Iran is working alone? russia and especially China, support iran, and stop overinflate your army, and unable to attack one country, we must use an embargo followed by a massive attack, 50 countries against one.
but against iran you nothing will threaten your interest and your power will weaken

but hey, I admit that I would love to see bavar 373, the PMU2 and redoutable.fabriqué an equivalent weapon is not given to everyone. even china can not very well.

Back
Top Bottom