What's new

Integration of Balochistan into Pakistan

AhsanAmin

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan needs to have very clear objectives and principles towards complete integration of Balochistan with Pakistan.

Objectives include.
1. We have to make them feel proud Balochis and proud Pakistanis at the same time.

2. We have to give them everything (at least economically) they could have had in an independent Balochistan while giving them extra incentives, benefits and opportunities to remain in Pakistan so that they willingly decide to remain in Pakistan.

3. We have to systematically study what are the aspirations of common Balochis and see how we can fulfill those aspirations as citizens of Pakistan.

4. We also have to study whether Sardars in Balochistan are a reason that keeps Balochistan backward. How can we make sure that common balchis are economically, socially and politically emancipated from the Sardar system.

5. All steps must be taken towards great education, roads and communication infrastructure. State must work towards very strong economic growth in Balochistan and create related opportunities for common Balochis.

6. We have to study how Balochistan can economically benefit as a transit route for larger trade with Iran.

6. A complete, thorough, systematic and independent study has to be done about mineral wealth of Balochistan and best possible way to benefit from it in the future and must be made sure that all of the wealth is spent on systematic educational, and economic development and uplift of different parts of Balochistan in a way that benefits to common balochis are maximized.

7. A comprehensive plan has to be developed to connect all major balochi cities together and with major cities in other provinces through good roads.

6. We also have to systematically study how we can develop Balochistan's economy and what industries/and other trades can be promoted and competitively sustained in Balochistan. How we can guide Balochis and people from rest of the Pakistan to invest in those industries and trades and how we can develop Baloch human capital towards that goal.

Principles should include.

1. We have to treat Balochis with utmost respect with total regard for Balochi life and property and give them more rights than we even give people in rest of the Pakistan so that they reciprocate our actions and feelings and have a sense of integration with Pakistan.

2. We have to make a body that includes Balochis, people from rest of the Pakistan and technical experts of related fields who decide how to tackle different matters and issues related to law and order and above objectives, while respecting the above first principle of sanctity and respect for every Baloch.

I don't understand why we always having any doubt regarding the integration of Baluchistan into Pakistan. It is time to give rest to all baseless theories regarding Baluchistan. Baluchistan is part of Pakistan and will remain forever.

OK. Thanks for the suggestions. Though, being born, raised, and educated in Balochistan, all my life I thought Balochistan was an integral part of Pakistan.

If you would still have stayed there, you would have known it is not the case now

I don't understand why we always having any doubt regarding the integration of Baluchistan into Pakistan. It is time to give rest to all baseless theories regarding Baluchistan. Baluchistan is part of Pakistan and will remain forever.

It is time to understand the situation and act according, instead of closing our ears and shouting that the problem doesn't exist. Don't forget '71.

OK. Thanks for the suggestions. Though, being born, raised, and educated in Balochistan, all my life I thought Balochistan was an integral part of Pakistan.
Yes it is ... i think there is no need to take any such steps yes we need to give them their due rights but they are no less Patriotic citizens
I have spend 8 years in Baluchistan . 4 years in Zhob , 2 years in Quetta and 2 in Loralai .. They would do anything for pakistan .

Yes it is ... i think there is no need to take any such steps yes we need to give them their due rights but they are no less Patriotic citizens
I have spend 8 years in Baluchistan . 4 years in Zhob , 2 years in Quetta and 2 in Loralai .. They would do anything for pakistan .
So you have pretty much missed out the Baloch areas...

the core problem in blochistan are their sardars they eat all the development funds and then they cry about the descriminatery behaviour of islamabad
your remove sardars u secure the future of blochistan

If you would still have stayed there, you would have known it is not the case now

It is time to understand the situation and act according, instead of closing our ears and shouting that the problem doesn't exist. Don't forget '71.

No one is closing the ears dude. I spent my childhood in Baluchistan and watched it very closely too. We know that the problem exists but raising questions about the whole integration process is not helpful at all.

I really have no doubt about its being integral part of Pakistan but I really think some people there do think otherwise and I have tried to say what we should do to make them feel a proud Pakistani. I would respectfully suggest that we still should take the above steps towards comprehensive uplift of Balochistan. We must recall that reason for grievances Bengalis that resulted in separation of East Pakistan was largely economic. Mujeeb was never tired of saying that East Pakistan was economically neglected. If there is a large gap between social, economic and other standards of life between Balochistan and rest of the country, there is going to be more unrest in Baloch people and we have to take quick but systematic actions to prevent that worse scenario. I hope whatever the title and it might be a bit misguided as you suggested, you will agree with my suggestions and would want to add to them based on your Baloch life experience and I would request you to make better suggestions as I think a person who always lived in Balochistan can understand ground realities better.

the core problem in blochistan are their sardars they eat all the development funds and then they cry about the descriminatery behaviour of islamabad
your remove sardars u secure the future of blochistan
Yes, Sardars are a big issue but to be honest with you, Baloch in general (though exceptions do exist) are not hard working fellows, not as hardworking as are the folks from the Pashtoon belt. You know we have this 'local' and 'domicile' system in Balochistan and Sindh. Locals get admissions in all non-professional and professional (engineering, medical) institutions albeit of scoring very low in HSs, and FSc. I know people who made to Bolan Medical College with 3rd divisions in FSc. OK, I understand folks from rural Balochistan need some uplift, but once you have got the admission, at-least now work hard. No, a majority of such students never improve their grades and pass the exams by putting weapons on the desk, and I am a witness to that. It does not stop there, they also happen to get positions in various departments. Now tell me, did Sardars ask them to pass the exams by cheating?

Yes, Sardars are a big issue but to be honest with you, Baloch in general (though exceptions do exist) are not hard working fellows, not as hardworking as are the folks from the Pashtoon belt. You know we have this 'local' and 'domicile' system in Balochistan and Sindh. Locals get admissions in all non-professional and professional (engineering, medical) institutions albeit of scoring very low in HSs, and FSc. I know people who made to Bolan Medical College with 3rd divisions in FSc. OK, I understand folks from rural Balochistan need some uplift, but once you have got the admission, at-least now work hard. No, a majority of such students never improve their grades and pass the exams by putting weapons on the desk, and I am a witness to that. It does not stop there, they also happen to get positions in various departments. Now tell me, did Sardars ask them to pass the exams by cheating?

I understand this social/cultural problem but I do think that we can find ways to solve or alleviate this problem. I think all teachers have to be specially trained (with systematic scientific methods) how to motivate their students to work hard. The teachers should also be responsible of having meetings with parents of the children. The teachers should discuss the atmosphere at home and decide what steps can be taken by the parents to ensure educational achievement of children, their better future and towards making them hard working students. Sometimes it happens that some children become difficult students but it should be ensured that even weak students work hard especially in classes they like so after graduation from academic life they become hard working and serious professionals in whatever they do. I think good professional habits and hard work are just as important as academic achievement and there should be some effort and criteria in school to develop both things.

sir to be very frank insurgency is not at that level as TTP,that's why our coward baby killer enemies drew full support from those terrorist only they support them today to cause continue diversion and headache...

I understand this social/cultural problem but I do think that we can find ways to solve or alleviate this problem. I think all teachers have to be specially trained (with systematic scientific methods) how to motivate their students to work hard. The teachers should also be responsible of having meetings with parents of the children. The teachers should discuss the atmosphere at home and decide what steps can be taken by the parents to ensure educational achievement of children, their better future and towards making them hard working students. Sometimes it happens that some children become difficult students but it should be ensured that even weak students work hard especially in classes they like so after graduation from academic life they become hard working and serious professionals in whatever they do. I think good professional habits and hard work are just as important as academic achievement and there should be some effort and criteria in school to develop both things.
I wish if it was this straight forward as you are suggesting. Problem is, once you make a concession, it is expected that you'll always make that concession. We have see this both in Balochistan and Sindh, and even after 30 years of the infamous and pretty much counter-productive quota system, things have not improved, and they will never. At some point, we would have to abandon the quota system, at-least from the professional Schools/Colleges.

Back
Top Bottom