What's new

Insensitive remarks about Hindus on Pakistani channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
"If the Arabs, the Turks or the Iranians, God forbid, give up Islam, the Arabs yet remain Arabs, the Turks remain Turks, the Iranians remain Iranians, But what do we remain if we give up Islam?"

A Pakistani scholar, 1970's.

The problem is wrong Ideology of Islamic state. Pakistani are not Pakistani but Muslims.

Shias were and also remain a major part of the Government Services and the Army among other services. Even our PM is a Shia. We have nothing against Shias, please do not blow isolated incidents out of proportions just for the sake of scoring a point. You know there was never violence against Shia in Pakistan comparable to the Gujrat Incident, Kashmir, Punjab and the violence against Christians in Orissa.

The numbers of Shia killed in Pakistan tell a different story. You just need to check.

Shia doctors and professional were being targeted in Karachi even decades back. Their mosques were being blown apart since ages.

You just need to check the facts.

This isn't the first time I have heard that but everytime there is no proof, it's the "I just know, everybody just knows" argument.

One just has to open the eyes.

Quite the same on our side as well.

Good, we agree on something.

We don't have to abuse Pakistanis or Muslims or Islam to have a national identity. Unlike some others.

Sir, No one is saying about terrorism. It's different thing. The reasons are different.

Even many Muslims also dying in Karachi. So, Sia, Ahmediya also. All were killed by Muslims only.

But you should understand, Majority of Pakistani talks of Islam and hatred against minorities. As per current trend, Minorities will become close to 0. Then what ?? Will Pakistan become prosperous country ? Hatred against Hindus, Christians are not justified. Not because it's not bad but it will damage Pakistan more. You are creating Muslim Vs Non-Muslim trend which is not good for Pakistan on international arena.

Do you know why Indians hate Pakistan so much ? Because Pakistan always bring religion. Everyday, someone uses the word Hindu, Why not Indian ? Do we say Muslim ? NO, We always refer Pakistani even when 99% Pakistani posters are Muslims here or anywhere. Too Much of religion damages the society.

India-Afghanistan relation is good even when Afghanistan population is 99% Muslims.

I never heard any Muslim from Iran, Turkey, UAE, Indonesia, Afghanistan talking of Hindus or Muslims.Why with Pakistan ? You have created the society on Islamic Ideology which is not based on Islam but hatred against other religion which is fact.

There is no hatred for any minority. Christians are a down-trodden community, largely due to lack of opportunities that every Pakistani suffers from. Being a large minority, the effect is amplified which is not the case with Hindus and Sikhs. Sikhs and Hindus run amongst the most successful businesses in Pakistan. People prefer to buy from Sikh shops because Sikhs are famous for their honesty in trade across Pakistan. My friend Happens to be a Hindu and he runs the largest Antiquity Store in Islamabad.
Would all that have been possible if there had been un-justifiable hatred towards these communities ?

"If the Arabs, the Turks or the Iranians, God forbid, give up Islam, the Arabs yet remain Arabs, the Turks remain Turks, the Iranians remain Iranians, But what do we remain if we give up Islam?"

The problem is wrong Ideology of Islamic state. Pakistani are not Pakistani but Muslims.

We have our own ancient civilizations of Gandhara and the Indus Valley Civilization - we would still be Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashtun, Balochi, Kashmiri, etc.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

There is no hatred for any minority. Christians are a down-trodden community but Sikhs and Hindus run amongst the most successful businesses in Pakistan. People prefer to buy from Sikh shops because Sikhs are famous for their honesty in trade across Pakistan. My friend Happens to be a Hindu and he runs the largest Antiquity Store in Islamabad.
Would all that have been possible if there had been un-justifiable hatred towards these communities ?

They have been brainwashed by their education and the RSS, VHP, to have a negative view of Pakistan.

Indeed a very pertinent question.

Intriguing that one claims to become someone else, assumes a wholly different identity sometimes within a generation of conversion (even conversion just to spite one's own). He starts believing that his heroes are those who raped and massacred his own ancestors!

[/COLOR]

I will be the last person to refute that argument, I myself am an advocate of being Pakistani before all else.

The numbers of Shia killed in Pakistan tell a different story. You just need to check.

Shia doctors and professional were being targeted in Karachi even decades back. Their mosques were being blown apart since ages.

You just need to check the facts.

Facts checked, truth remains that there have never been Anti-Shia violence on Riot scale ever in Pakistani history. Isolated incident do occur, sometimes more than others but never has there been an Anti-Shia riot.

One just has to open the eyes.

Not a very good argument, my point proven.

Good, we agree on something.

We don't have to abuse Pakistanis or Muslims or Islam to have a national identity. Unlike some others.

Are you trying to deceive me or yourself ? Open youtube, type Pakistan and read the comments. The mentality of the average Indian and his perception of Pakistan and Islam will flood you with the most "flowery" of language.

Indeed a very pertinent question.

Intriguing that one claims to become someone else, assumes a wholly different identity sometimes within a generation of conversion (even conversion just to spite one's own). He starts believing that his heroes are those who raped and massacred his own ancestors!

We embrace our history and build upon it with the hopes of an even brighter future. We are Sethis and we still tell stories of when our ancestors stopped Mehmud Of Ghaznavi's attacks 16 times before he finally forged a truce with the Khukhrain Kingdom. Our ancestors, mind you were Kshatriya Hindus.
We aren't as Anti-Hindu as we are made out to be.

There is no hatred for any minority. Christians are a down-trodden community but Sikhs and Hindus run amongst the most successful businesses in Pakistan. People prefer to buy from Sikh shops because Sikhs are famous for their honesty in trade across Pakistan. My friend Happens to be a Hindu and he runs the largest Antiquity Store in Islamabad.

Sir, I am not saying about situation of minorities of Pakistan. I don't have any right to ask, to be very frank. It's your country and your people.

Just tell me one thing, Why Pakistani calls Indians as Hindus and not Indians when we refer Pakistani as Pakistani ? Why hate another religion ? Why Afghan Muslims or Turk or Arab don't hate India even majority religion is different ?

What advantage Pakistan got for the name of Islam ?

1/3rd Pakistan was separated i.e. Bangladesh.
1/3rd have own ethnic problem, Karachi, Pashtuns, Baloch
Shias and Ahmediyas having also problem.

Yes, you can continue to blame everyone but don't you think, Islam didn't united whole Pakistan ? or Ethnic is more important ?

Why Baluchistan will ever have problem when 99% are Muslims ?
Why Afghanistan will ever have problem when 99% are Muslims ?

Mohd. Jinnah was correct. He wanted a secular state with Muslim majority, But Pakistan become Islamic state in 70's.

when you don't give respect to other religion, Situation never improves. Because there is always Next. Pakistan has created Muslim Vs Non-Muslims which is bad for Pakistan in long run.

you can see Turkey. 98% Muslims still secular. Do you know why ?

Facts checked, truth remains that there have never been Anti-Shia violence on Riot scale ever in Pakistani history. Isolated incident do occur, sometimes more than others but never has there been an Anti-Shia riot.

Over 5600 Shia killed in Pakistan just in the last decade, not including the ones that were recently killed recently near Queta (compared to the 780 odd Muslims and 250 odd Hindus dead in the decade old Gujarat riots after the Godhara terror attacks.

Just look at the scale.

Also check the deliberate officially sponsored tahreeks that have been killing Shia for decades. Check who they were sponsored and financed by.

Not a very good argument, my point proven.

One can only take the horse to the water........

Are you trying to deceive me or yourself ? Open youtube, type Pakistan and read the comments. The mentality of the average Indian and his perception of Pakistan and Islam will flood you with the most "flowery" of language.

I won't comment about what one sees on anonymous places but no Indian official media talks ill of Muslim or Islam as is common in Pakistan.

Anyway, that is just inevitable given that we are a secular democracy and you...

Well, watch at 4:20.

Dheere dheere hamari Hinduon ke liye aur unke majhab ke liye jo nafrat hai, wo kam hoti jayegi!

This nafrat is what seems to define Pakistan as per many of you....

Best of luck with the nafrat. We couldn't care less.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know there was never violence against Shia in Pakistan comparable to the Gujrat Incident, Kashmir, Punjab and the violence against Christians in Orissa..

Lets document incidents against muslims or christians in india after 2002..and also document all the incidents after 2002 against shias or hindus or Ahmadiyas or Christians..lets see whose stack piles up..

I can bet u ...Pakistan will beat us in this...

Just tell me one thing, Why Pakistani calls Indians as Hindus and not Indians when we refer Pakistani as Pakistani ? Why hate another religion ? Why Afghan Muslims or Turk or Arab don't hate India even majority religion is different ?

That's a misconception. The reason we call Indians Hindu is because in Urdu, India is called Hindustan and according to language traditions whoever lived on the East of the river Indus was called a Hindu, regardless of his faith. It was later that the word Hindu became synonymous for Vedics but it is still used in Urdu to refer to the followers of Hinduism as well as the population of Hindustan.

What advantage Pakistan got for the name of Islam ?

1/3rd Pakistan was separated i.e. Bangladesh.
1/3rd have own ethnic problem, Karachi, Pashtuns, Baloch
Shias and Ahmediyas having also problem.

Bangladesh Issue was purely ethnic, that India cashed upon. It had nothing to do with Islam.
Same goes for Karachi problem, that's ethnic terrorism which is being controlled gradually.
As for Shias and Ahmedis. The average Pakistani has no issue with the two. We live, eat pray together and no one asks the other his sect before allowing him in for prayer or food or residence. These differences are for politicians and radicals to exploit, not the average Pakistani.

Yes, you can continue to blame everyone but don't you think, Islam didn't united whole Pakistan ? or Ethnic is more important ?

Why Baluchistan will ever have problem when 99% are Muslims ?
Why Afghanistan will ever have problem when 99% are Muslims ?

Islam is not a magical fix-it solution for conflicts. Balochistan issue is not a people's issue. Only microscopic minority is instigating ethnic violence and they shall be overcome.

Mohd. Jinnah was correct. He wanted a secular state with Muslim majority, But Pakistan become Islamic state in 70's.

Agreed, I myself am an advocate of a more liberal system.

when you don't give respect to other religion, Situation never improves. Because there is always Next. Pakistan has created Muslim Vs Non-Muslims which is bad for Pakistan in long run.

I wouldn't say that. Pakistan enjoys excellent relations with China, Sri-lanka, Nepal among others and none of these countries are muslims. If Pakistan operated on a Muslim vs Non-Muslim Maxim then we wouldn't enjoy good relations with these countries.

you can see Turkey. 98% Muslims still secular. Do you know why ?

Most Pakistanis have great respect for Turkey and I myself am an advocate of Kemalism.

We shias are living much more peacefully in pakistan than in india, indians not need to worry about us!!!

Oh! u r a shia,....rite??

and since u will say "Yes"..

let me say.."We have only ur word for that"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom