What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

Oh my, so it becomes more competitive than I expected. Iver and De Zeven?? both are a great packages that no one can denied. And for Daewoo, I have no idea what are the products they've to offer, any clue miss ?

Anyway, this is just light overview about their products:
> Damen Sigma-11516 Frigate
View attachment 438828
So far there's only these concept for the enlarged of sigma design, but given to their modular system applied, so it's quite possible to be easier converted onto 130 meters and around.

> De Zeven Provincien Frigate Variant
View attachment 438829
Perhaps it is one of her variant. With the I-mast 500 integrated sensor and systems instead the combos of APAR & Smart-L radar, seems it to be a more affordable in price than the original one.

> Iver Huitfeldt Class Frigate
View attachment 438830
Honestly, this is the one that offers the best bang for the buck in its class. Despite its size which not that big, but has offer the capability as big as destroyers. Especially to its radar and sensors which can covers a large area coupled with the ESSM and SM-2 Standard missiles configuration, I think it's enough to make it a highly capable for air-defence role.

But if considered that we are not a member of nato or their closest ally, seems it would be difficult to get such SM-2 missile.
Well if we couldnt get our hands on standard series missile......we could try with aster 15/30

Yonif-Raider-515-Kostrad-e1494948856131.jpg
Yonif-Raider-515-Kostrad-1-e1494948834274.jpg
Yonif-Raider-515-Kostrad-2-e1494948806848.jpg
Mo-60-3-e1511444135329.jpeg
Mo-60-2-e1511444053870.jpeg
Mo-60-e1511443992665.jpeg

Mortar firing exercise, infantry batt. 515 kostrad

Well if we couldnt get our hands on standard series missile......we could try with aster 15/30
Yes aster family can be an alternative to SM2, but the problem is to their higher cost, as you know the french's made are usually exclusive and has more expensive even though it is worthed to their quality.

Btw, pt pal kayaknya lagi sibuk nih banyak yg nawarin kerjasama :)

Yes aster family can be an alternative to SM2, but the problem is to their higher cost, as you know the french's made are usually exclusive and has more expensive even though it is worthed to their quality.

Btw, pt pal kayaknya lagi sibuk nih banyak yg nawarin kerjasama :)
As well as an air defence frigate.....I hope our military leaders (especially in the navy and AF) consider creating a dedicated anti ship fighter bomber squadron equipped with long range supersonic missile, as we lack those....especially after the recent unveiling of air launched brahmos which will fit in our sukhoi series jets.....(the best defense is offense)

As well as an air defence frigate.....I hope our military leaders (especially in the navy and AF) consider creating a dedicated anti ship fighter bomber squadron equipped with long range supersonic missile, as we lack those....especially after the recent unveiling of air launched brahmos which will fit in our sukhoi series jets.....(the best defense is offense)

I have to remember you that many "wet dream" are not good for your health ..as you did to your Su35 ....:undecided:

I have to remember you that many "wet dream" are not good for your health ..as you did to your Su35 ....:undecided:

Su 35 is a sure thing, it just prolonged nego. Malaysian seem different, your gov. cancel the MRCA programme cause lack of funding

Well miss, long2 time ago any indonesian intention to purchase leopards,apache's,astros and su35 were considered a novelty and should be taken with a grain of salt......now one by one its becoming reality:yahoo::chilli::cheesy:

Tapi dari gambar SIGMA 115 disebut "Light Frigate". Kapan dong kita punya frigate beneran? Iver and Daewoo seems to be not in the 'light' category.

mal-asians don't have wet dreams. SO SAD ! :omghaha:

Yah brahmos is actually can be installed to the existing Sukhois. but if we're really to forms a dedicated squadron for maritime-strike, the "FlyingDuck" is a real good choice.
Tapi dari gambar SIGMA 115 disebut "Light Frigate". Kapan dong kita punya frigate beneran? Iver and Daewoo seems to be not in the 'light' category.
Sigma-115 msh disebut light frigate mungkin karena tonase dan weaponry nya nyaris sama / gak beda jauh sama PKR.
Trus alokasi budget yg $750 mil kan emang tujuannya buat ngambil heavy frigate., tapi yaaa itu, gak tau kapan :D

Back
Top Bottom