What's new

Indonesia Defence Forum

IMG-20171120-WA0017.jpg

21 November 2017

Speedboat buatan Lamongan, Jawa Timur (photo : Detik)

Wow... TNI Pesan 22 Speedboat Made In Warga Pesisir Paciran
Lamongan - Tentara Nasional Indonesia (TNI) memesan 22 speedboat di Paciran, Lamongan. Bahkan, sejumlah personel dari Mabes TNI juga sudah menjajal speedboat tersebut.

Informasi yang dihimpun menyebutkan, pembuatan speedboat ini dilakukan oleh PT Luckon Arthaka Nusantara (PATRIOT BOAT) yang bekerjasama dengan PT Tri Ratna Diesel Indonesia yang berada di Desa Tunggul, Kecamatan Paciran, sedang mengerjakan 22 speedboat pesanan dari Mabes TNI. Saat ini, 22 speedboat selesai pengerjaannya.

Komandan Koramil Paciran, Kap. Arh. Suherman membenarkan Mabes TNI memesan 22 speedboat di Lamongan. Tim Mabes TNI, terang Herman, juga sudah meninjau progres pengerjaan speedboat tersebut di Galangan Kapal Santosa Marine (Agrindo).
"Ya memang telah dilaksanakan kunjungan tim Mabes TNI dalam rangka uji coba speedboat pesanan Mabes TNI dipimpin oleh Kepala Badan Pembekalan TNI, Brigjen Fabian Albert Embran dan karena ini acaranya BABEK TNI, jadi juga mengundang wairjen dan kadislaikad," kata Herman kepada wartawan, Kamis (16/11/2017).
Herman mengatakan, saat meninjau pengerjaan speedboat, rombongan dari Mabes TNI beserta sekitar 20 orang juga melakukan uji coba kepada 22 unit speedboat tersebut di perairan Pantai Paciran.
"22 Speedboat yang diujicoba karena sudah selesai pengerjaannya," ungkap Herman.
Dia mengungkapkan, selain Kepala Badan Pembekalan TNI Brigjen Fabian Albert Embran dari Mabes TNI, sejumlah petinggi TNI lainnya juga turut hadir peninjauan pembuatan speedboat. Di antaranya adalah Wairjen TNI, Laksamana Muda Maheranto, Kepala Dinas Kelaikan Angkatan Darat Brigjen. Eko Erwanto dan Kolonel Armed Wiwin Sugiono.
(Detik)

I don't know much about shipbuilding, but is it true that the hull of the new Bakamla ship is similar to the one used by warship?
If I remember correctly, someone here mentioned about the ship design, said it was built in such way for easy conversion into Navy warship.

I don't know much about shipbuilding, but is it true that the hull of the new Bakamla ship is similar to the one used by warship?
If that means is similar in terms of dimensions and design, I'm guess not., since the tni-al does not operates warship with 110m in size just like a new bakamla's ship. And this is pure indigenous designs made by palindo marine, but perhaps, there's some parts of the pkr's hull design being applied to these vessel.

So far that's only a PC-40 which share a similar hulls both for bakamla and tni-al.. Just my thought anyway.

Last edited:
Indonesia’s Pindad issues notes to support expansion
Jon Grevatt - IHS Jane's Defence Industry
21 November 2017
Indonesian defence company PT Pindad has issued a medium-term note (MTN) programme to support its industrial expansion.

The company said on 20 November that the programme is worth IDR1 trillion (USD74 million), with the notes maturing after three years. PT Pindad said the funds generated through the issuance would be directed to boosting “business development projects” in both defence and commercial manufacturing sectors.

“The MTN fund will be used for additional working capital as PT Pindad looks to secure contracts from the Indonesian Ministry of Defence and the TNI [Indonesian Armed Forces] as well as various industrial product contracts,” said a company press release.
http://www.janes.com/article/75844/indonesia-s-pindad-issues-notes-to-support-expansion

TNI AL will acquire Over the horizon radar as part of their AAD/SEAD enhanced capabilities programme this will be combined with series of locally made coastal surveillance radar system made by PT infra RCS to detect and giving early warning for the Navy so they can quickly giving respons to any potential problems coming from hostile entities.

If I remember correctly, someone here mentioned about the ship design, said it was built in such way for easy conversion into Navy warship.
If that means is similar in terms of dimensions and design, I'm guess not., since the tni-al does not operates warship with 110m in size just like a new bakamla's ship. And this is pure indigenous designs made by palindo marine, but perhaps, there's some parts of the pkr's hull design being applied to these vessel.

So far that's only a PC-40 which share a similar hulls both for bakamla and tni-al.. Just my thought anyway.

We can already make much bigger ships than this Bakamla cutter. What I mean is whether the grade of the hull is similar to the one used by PKR?

CLEAR COASTS FOR INDONESIA
Speaking during the Defence and Security Exhibition held in Bangkok between 6th to 9th November, officials from Infra RCS disclosed to MONS that the firm has completed the development of its Infra S-band (2.3 gigahertz/GHz to 2.5GHz/2.7GHz to 3.7GHz) coastal surveillance radar.

Offering an instrumented range of up to 40 nautical miles (74.1km) the radar uses frequency modulated continuous wave architecture providing up to ten watts of output power. Company officials continued that the radar had been developed to the prototype stage, and it was now awaiting a formal requirement from the Indonesian Navy to roll out the radar across a number of locations throughout the Indonesian archipelago.

If and when the navy takes the decision to procure the radar, the company is confident that it could commence deliveries and installation around the country within the next five years. The firm added that the navy was planning to use the coastal surveillance radar in conjunction with an Over The Horizon (OTH) coastal surveillance radar which the navy could procure in the next five years. However, local sources tell MONS that the navy has yet to decide on the model of OTH radar that it may acquire.

http://www.monch.com/mpg/news/c5i/2282-clear-coasts-for-indonesia.html

Back
Top Bottom