What's new

INDIGENOUSLY OVERHAULED JF-17 AIRCRAFT ROLLS-OUT FROM AIRCRAFT REBUILD FACTORY KAMRA

The plan in the end is to raise a fleet with almost current tech married and fully upgraded. However, there are limitations to previous air frames even if those are minor but still, the fleet will somehow make it to the top of the line within PAF. Once, Block-III is finalized, we might then calculate how possible changes can be adopted by Block-II ACs. However, AESA is a common goal and it may not happen throughout the fleet as per dedicated role requirements for every bird. JF-17 fleet employs different capabilities per assigned roles and tasks. Its like one can not distinguish the differences by the looks but there are much.

You can't jump to III without going though the "II" and as said, I don't see that Block-II are going anywhere except that may adopt most from Block-III or at-least may come close in regard to tech employment. And then, Block-II will remain in their existing form beside Block-III whereby, every Aircraft will be performing different duty/role as per muscle & capability.

What are the major differences in terms of avionics and communication sensors in the Block 1 and 2?

Also, will the Block 1s not get the refueling probes?

What are the major differences in terms of avionics and communication sensors in the Block 1 and 2?

In simple words, you are looking improved AA capability, at air-to-air refuelling capability, improved avionics, enhanced load carrying capacity, data link and EW capabilities into Block-II version.

Rest about IFR so that is being installed as per mission for specific birds with their specific roles. However, as per available information installing on rest of the fleet is not an issue as all the plumbing work is available internally into every Airframe.

If you go by JF-17 Information Pool thread, in JF-17 Thunder section, you may find out every available detail with time frame as how thunder improved by starting with Air to Surface to a capable Multirole AC.

In simple words, you can say that there is no Block-I anymore and IFR is not an issue as I explained above. It is simple & easy to be installed as all the necessary work is already done into every air-frame.

I think radar also upgradeed in these overhauls i.e. KLJ-7V1 to KLJ-7V2.

And in future they can be housed with Liquid Cooled AESA radar!!!
In simple words, you are looking improved AA capability, at air-to-air refuelling capability, improved avionics, enhanced load carrying capacity, data link and EW capabilities into Block-II version.

Rest about IFR so that is being installed as per mission for specific birds with their specific roles. However, as per available information installing on rest of the fleet is not an issue as all the plumbing work is available internally into every Airframe.

If you go by JF-17 Information Pool thread, in JF-17 Thunder section, you may find out every available detail with time frame as how thunder improved by starting with Air to Surface to a capable Multirole AC.

In simple words, you can say that there is no Block-I anymore and IFR is not an issue as I explained above. It is simple & easy to be installed as all the necessary work is already done into every air-frame.

Bhai
Could this not have gone in the already running thread on JFT. WAS it not agreed that flutter will be cleared on the forum? Do we actually need a new thread.
A

Bhai
Could this not have gone in the already running thread on JFT. WAS it not agreed that flutter will be cleared on the forum? Do we actually need a new thread.
A

Sir,

had to keep it separate for while as the link is being shared with official SM Handle. Just because it was a milestone for the overhaul being done in ARF, PAC hence, decided to let it run separate though, will merge later.

I agree that information shall not be scattered though, let it run for a while in regard to ARF.

Do we actually need a new thread.

Thanks for the post that gave me a redirection. Thread title edited and moving it to appropriate section.. Pakistan Defence and Industry.

Plane looks brand new ... amazing quality

We had like 50 JF17 Block I , are these the first 4 of 50 which have gone through an Overhaul? The first batch flew back in 2009 so almost after 10 years of Service, time flies

Back in 2009 I claimed we will have 250 JF17 Thunder in airforce by 2015 :enjoy::smokin:

Last edited:
What steps are involved in overhauling of a jet???

What steps are involved in overhauling of a jet???

Normally a plane is "reassembled" every piece is checked/rechecked
  • Every component is checked and refreshed internally
  • Plane exterior is also checked
  • Engine is also refreshed for more hours or just replaced
  • Overhaul refreshes the plane back to 95-97% level
Technically brand new plus new features are added

Last edited:
A dozen or so technicians can easily overhaul a small airliner. This is a small fighter so you don't need that many mechanics
All though the team looks small, but there achievements are not small in any context.
Good going Team PAC, keep your flags high and keep rising higher than expectations.

Putting cart before horses!

Block 3 is still on papers, there isn't a single copy of the product and you are talking about upgrading block 1 to block 3.

Shouldn't they be directly upgraded to Block-3 standard???

Its very simple, why US has not upgraded all of its entire F 16 fleet to Viper standard. Same reason every craft has its own particular role and adjusted accordingly by the services.

Back
Top Bottom