What's new

“India’s understanding of Bangladesh will help U.S.”

March for Democracy Watch Thread | Page 10
Up yours Mr. Khurshid.
crossposted:

I never got into video games much, but if this was a world of warcraft video game I would make these next moves:

1. move Khaleda Zia, BNP-Jel opposition top leadership out to Kunming
2. secure a nuclear blanket for Bangladesh from China
3. Make a deal with Burmans of Myanmar to accept Rohingya's if they help Bangladesh with this war
4. US and EU sanction to Awami League govt. to halt all RMG exports
5. return back all Mideast expats to Bangladesh (because of anti-Islam govt.), but after a brief one year sojourn in Syria
6. Set ablaze the whole region between China and Myanmar and "mainland India"

Bhashani said we got 1/2 independence in 1971, so this will be the remainder which we forgot to fight to eliminate traitors that live among us. India desperately wanted to prove that Bangladeshi's are extremists, it will be poetic justice for them. One must be careful what they wish for. And next time around, Bangladeshi's will be careful not to tolerate foreign agents and traitors among us.

@asad71 , your kind opinion please.

In my opinion let the elections happen under watchful eye of international observers. If BAL does not live up to our collective expectations then India will see to it that these elections are declared fraud.
We all want legitimate aspirations of BD to be represented in these elections. Anything less will be fraught with undesirable results.

Tell me , dear @kalu_miah , after reading your post, just one thing, what does India have got to benefit from controlling govt by proxi?

Better ask this question to your policy makers.

In my opinion let the elections happen under watchful eye of international observers. If BAL does not live up to our collective expectations then India will see to it that these elections are declared fraud.
We all want legitimate aspirations of BD to be represented in these elections. Anything less will be fraught with undesirable results.

It seems u are pretty ignorant or playing ingorant abt recent BD affairs and Indian backing of Hasina. Hasina wants to stay in power indefinitely and India considers that to be in their best interest. SO she removed CT system from the constitution for which she didn't have any mandate, totally politicized the police/RAB, judiciary and other civil institutions with extremist party cadres.She has absolute power as per the new remodeled constitution. U get the point here? A dictator doesn't want to leave power and she is backed by a neighboring power. For the dictator and her backers there is no question of allowing free and fair elections to reflect aspirations of BDs. Even if they fail in their ambition, BD will be in flames either way and that's win-win for India.

Better ask this question to your policy makers.

It seems u are pretty ignorant or playing ingorant abt recent BD affairs and Indian backing of Hasina. Hasina wants to stay in power indefinitely and India considers that to be in their best interest. SO she removed CT system from the constitution for which she didn't have any mandate, totally politicized the police/RAB, judiciary and other civil institutions with extremist party cadres.She has absolute power as per the new remodeled constitution. U get the point here? A dictator doesn't want to leave power and she is backed by a neighboring power. For the dictator and her backers there is no question of allowing free and fair elections to reflect aspirations of BDs. Even if they fail in their ambition, BD will be in flames either way and that's win-win for India.

Hasina the "dictator" got elected under CT system, so I don't see why she is so averse to the same. So according to you only BNP win will salvage the situation because you are predicting doom and gloom if BAL wins.

Tell me , dear @kalu_miah , after reading your post, just one thing, what does India have got to benefit from controlling govt by proxi? I agree, India supports BAL, but at best BD can offer us transit to NE states. Simply nothing other than that. BD have no natural resource, that we are gaining control by hook or crook.
BNP supported insurgent groups against India, and thats why we do not prefer BNP. If BNP had been neutral to India, why this problem?

Your govt. is afraid of what you already mentioned, North East states and BNP's perceived support of these rebel groups. In reality it is not a job for BNP or for anyone in Bangladesh to police for them, but Hasina does it for free, as if we are part of India. Also, the water policy and having a market for Indian goods etc., the list goes on and on, we cannot make our rightful demands and make our voices heard to international body and world stage, Awami League keeps everything under lid to protect Indian interest.

Bangladesh is a country with a GDP of about $154 billion. So India and Awami League both partner in looting Bangladesh economy, a large part of the looted capital ends up in India, since Hindu's under Awami League (Suranjit is a good example) who make a killing usually move to India, when money making is all done and over with.

All this party comes to a screeching halt, when BNP comes to power.

Regardless of what excuses you may have, NE insurgent support or any other, that is something you can take up with the govt. that may be responsible for that, but if you put your hand in Bangladesh and meddle and interfere, your hand will get burned and you will never know how bad the situation can get, once you start playing with fire, which you have been doing for decades. Bangladeshi public is finally becoming aware, as it has become a matter of public attention, not just some PDF members here. People are finally putting 2+2 together and coming to their own conclusion. So your clandestine days of playing games of meddling and interference is pretty much over. Since the problem has been finally identified, now its only a matter of time to dismantle the network of Indian agents in Bangladesh.

Eternal vigilance is the price of freedom.

Chanokyan Conpooroocy agoonst boongooladooshoos is tho bost .

Hasina the "dictator" got elected under CT system, so I don't see why she is so averse to the same. So according to you only BNP win will salvage the situation because you are predicting doom and gloom if BAL wins.

If I may answer this question, you do not see why Hasina is averse to CT system, it is because she knows if there is a free and fair election under a CT system, she will loose, no incumbent ever won in Bangladesh history since 1991, when democracy was established. Now of course after long 23 years, we have fascism and dictatorial rule established in 2014, thanks to India's backing of Hasina and Awami League.

BNP win or AL win is not the issue here, the issue is having a free and fair election which can only happen under a neutral care taker govt. in Bangladesh and thus letting the public choose their govt. which is the essence of democracy, which is what you practice in India, without CT. Obviously your system is much more mature than ours, so you don't need a CT. You have democracy in your country, but you do not want us to have it, what kind of attitude is this?

If I may answer this question, you do not see why Hasina is averse to CT system, it is because she knows if there is a free and fair election under a CT system, she will loose, no incumbent ever won in Bangladesh history since 1991, when democracy was established. Now of course after long 23 years, we have fascism and dictatorial rule established in 2014, thanks to India's backing of Hasina and Awami League.

BNP win or AL win is not the issue here, the issue is having a free and fair election which can only happen under a neutral care taker govt. in Bangladesh and thus letting the public choose their govt. which is the essence of democracy, which is what you practice in India, without CT. Obviously your system is much more mature than ours, so you don't need a CT. You have democracy in your country, but you do not want us to have it, what kind of attitude is this?

How is CT any different than what Haseena is proposing??

Didn't your army take over CT in 2007? They kept postponing the date of election until 2008.

How is CT going to make any difference if your major political parties differ about the transition after the end of their term?

There should be a consensus regarding a constitutional authority who will take the reigns during the transition. Sooner the better before more lives are lost.

What is/are "India's understanding of BD"? Why would US policy on BD have to be dictated by India's understanding? The answer is the undertakings that India had obtained from the Tajuddin govt living under India's hospitality.

Didn't your army take over CT in 2007? They kept postponing the date of election until 2008.

How is CT going to make any difference if your major political parties differ about the transition after the end of their term?

There should be a consensus regarding a constitutional authority who will take the reigns during the transition. Sooner the better before more lives are lost.

In 2007 there was a coup and a scumbag named Gen. Moeen took over and ruled Bangladesh for 2 years, illegally. This was not a proper CT govt. The CT was just a facade while the real ruler was Gen. Moeen.

This happened because Hasina was leading the unrest as the opposition leader and Gen. Moeen took the opportunity to go for an Army coup.

Sometime in 2011, after coming to power in 2009, Hasina passed a constitutional amendment in the Parliament to abolish the CT provision, as she had 2/3 majority. This amendment is against the will of the people, but it was a legal loophole in the constitution she took advantage of. The constitution need to be amended in a referendum, if needed, to fix this loophole so amendments cannot be passed by 2/3 majority in the Parliament. In a smaller country like Bangladesh, all amendments should be passed in a countywide referendum vote, in my opinion.

Essentially Hasina passed the amendment to abolish the CT provision, which she herself fought for and added in the constitution in 1996. The reason she did that is to ensure a rigged election to come back to power again. If there is no CT, she can stay in power and in control of the admin, which means, she controls the Army, the police, BGB, RAB, the whole country is under her control, so she can easily rig the election if she wanted to.

I think it should be clear now, why a CT is still essential in Bangladesh context to have a free and fair election and why by eliminating it, she is blatantly going for a rigged election, to become a dictator. BNP led opposition did not fall for this obvious trap and boycotted the election on Jan. 05.

Not just that, the Jamaati fools here keep crying the CT in 2008 rigged elections! Islamist parties do not even really believe in democracy, they just want their god given right to rule, thats all.

What is/are "India's understanding of BD"? Why would US policy on BD have to be dictated by India's understanding? The answer is the undertakings that India had obtained from the Tajuddin govt living under India's hospitality.

Should we start calling the War of Liberation in 1971, the War of Indian enslavement instead, because more and more it looks like Tajuddin had already sold the country to India back in 1971, may be in a secret contract? That is why Indians feel so possessive and act like they own Bangladesh?

I think Bangladeshi people have been fooled by Awami League leaders from 1960's. They started their big lies back then and are still lying through their teeth.

Should we start calling the War of Liberation in 1971, the War of Indian enslavement instead, because more and more it looks like Tajuddin had already sold the country to India back in 1971, may be in a secret contract? That is why Indians feel so possessive and act like they own Bangladesh?

I think Bangladeshi people have been fooled by Awami League leaders from 1960's. They started their big lies back then and are still lying through their teeth.
So for you the 'Liberation' was a bad thing. So who else wishes for BD to remain East Pakistan?

bangladesh politics is intresting.. btw get some males leaders too .. women keep fighting on non issues

So for you the 'Liberation' was a bad thing. So who else wishes for BD to remain East Pakistan?
u didnt lebrated them for the sake of banglies .. u wanted to divide pakistan .. and dont forget the effort made by bangalis, du to which pakistan lost moral ground as the whole poulation was against thm.

u didnt lebrated them for the sake of banglies .. u wanted to divide pakistan .. and dont forget the effort made by bangalis, du to which pakistan lost moral ground as the whole poulation was against thm.
I was not the a member of the Indian Army. Even the IA did not liberate them. We gave the coup de grace. But that is besides the point. This is not about who was responsible.

In any case I am hoping for the opinion of Bangladeshis/(wannabe East Pakistanis if you will).

Back
Top Bottom