What's new

“India’s understanding of Bangladesh will help U.S.”

scholseys

Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
“India’s understanding of Bangladesh will help U.S.”
Sandeep Dikshit

The Hindu External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid. File photo: Shanker Chakravarty
TOPICS

While U.S. is at some distance from Bangladesh, India is right next to it: Khurshid

As the political situation in Bangladesh becomes increasingly volatile, India has hinted at the need for a united approach between India and the United States.

“We don’t discuss democracy in third countries but we do hope the U.S. … there were obviously some differences of perception [with respect to Bangladesh] that I noticed last time I was there [Washington], particularly in the dealing of the present government with some of their own internal institutions,” External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid told The Hindu.

Officials in the Ministry of External Affairs said they have been trying to close this difference of approach between India and the U.S. for quite some time.

Mr. Khurshid pointed out that India’s understanding of Bangladesh should be helpful to the U.S. “While the U.S. is at some distance from Bangladesh, we are right next to it. So our understanding of the region and understanding of sentiments of the people in the region should be helpful in the positions they want to take.”

Violence has increased in Bangladesh, mainly over the coming general election that is being boycotted by the main Opposition party and its allies. Besides, violent protests hit the country each time Jamaat-e-Islami leaders were arraigned by the courts and one senior leader was hanged.

While Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina proposed an all-party interim government, Bangladesh Nationalist Party chief Khaleda Zia, the Opposition leader, wants the previous elections’ caretaker system.

“Bangladesh situation is obviously very uncertain and delicate because the Opposition and the government have not been able to come to an agreement on how to proceed,” Mr. Khurshid observed.

While this was a major concern for India, “we don’t take sides on what happens in elections in a friendly country. For democracy to prosper there should at least be a commitment that violence will not be allowed to distort the democratic process,” he added.

“India’s understanding of Bangladesh will help U.S.” - The Hindu

In other words what these Indian malauns r saying is- view BD through our prism and treat it as a part of India.

That is exactly what india saying in open war against Bangladesh sovereignty. Not to mention undermining US own thinking. Indian war against Bangladesh are and will have its mark this and generation to come. And Bangladeshis have moral right to fight back india and indians in place, time and form of their choice.

March for Democracy Watch Thread | Page 10
Up yours Mr. Khurshid.
crossposted:

I never got into video games much, but if this was a world of warcraft video game I would make these next moves:

1. move Khaleda Zia, BNP-Jel opposition top leadership out to Kunming
2. secure a nuclear blanket for Bangladesh from China
3. Make a deal with Burmans of Myanmar to accept Rohingya's if they help Bangladesh with this war
4. US and EU sanction to Awami League govt. to halt all RMG exports
5. return back all Mideast expats to Bangladesh (because of anti-Islam govt.), but after a brief one year sojourn in Syria
6. Set ablaze the whole region between China and Myanmar and "mainland India"

Bhashani said we got 1/2 independence in 1971, so this will be the remainder which we forgot to fight to eliminate traitors that live among us. India desperately wanted to prove that Bangladeshi's are extremists, it will be poetic justice for them. One must be careful what they wish for. And next time around, Bangladeshi's will be careful not to tolerate foreign agents and traitors among us.

@asad71 , your kind opinion please.

Last edited:
So times I wonder..whether India knows about India itself...:undecided:...So how can India guide about BD...

So times I wonder..whether India knows about India itself...:undecided:...So how can India guide about BD...
Interesting....I guess India knows India.And due to our self centred foreign policy,we re a soft state.

March for Democracy Watch Thread | Page 10
Up yours Mr. Khurshid.
crossposted:

I never got into video games much, but if this was a world of warcraft video game I would make these next moves:

1. move Khaleda Zia, BNP-Jel opposition top leadership out to Kunming
2. secure a nuclear blanket for Bangladesh from China
3. Make a deal with Burmans of Myanmar to accept Rohingya's if they help Bangladesh with this war
4. US and EU sanction to Awami League govt. to halt all RMG exports
5. return back all Mideast expats to Bangladesh (because of anti-Islam govt.), but after a brief one year sojourn in Syria
6. Set ablaze the whole region between China and Myanmar and "mainland India"

Bhashani said we got 1/2 independence in 1971, so this will be the remainder which we forgot to fight to eliminate traitors that live among us. India desperately wanted to prove that Bangladeshi's are extremists, it will be poetic justice for them. One must be careful what they wish for. And next time around, Bangladeshi's will be careful not to tolerate foreign agents and traitors among us.

Come on Kalu....This kind of post does not look good from a poster who makes some sensible and practical post...
Anyway, i feel above all the best thing for BD is to let democracy flourish...Let be the people of BD is the king of their GOV...AL should not indulge in any kind of malpractice to infleunce the poll...That is the best thing for BD...If it happens, BD people will choose what is best for them. And every one including India will have to respect it...

Come on Kalu....This kind of post does not look good from a poster who makes some sensible and practical post...
Anyway, i feel above all the best thing for BD is to let democracy flourish...Let be the people of BD is the king of their GOV...AL should not indulge in any kind of malpractice to infleunce the poll...That is the best thing for BD...If it happens, BD people will choose what is best for them. And every one including India will have to respect it...

Well I respect your spirit of non-interference, but Indian govt. is doing exactly the opposite. I am just showing what will be the end result of their unwise actions of interference in the internal matters of another sovereign country. We are not Sikkim, one Indian above threatened with nuclear holocaust, we are not scared of it either, bring it on. How many millions can you kill? There will still be enough of us alive to seek revenge. Actually I welcome it, so Bangladeshi people can see the true face of unmasked India.

What I posted is the logical consequence of finding logistics for a new anti-India civil war, if Bangladesh starts burning, there will not be any way to contain the fire within our borders. So take great care in handling Bangladesh and please do not start a fire, that is my message. I hope you understand that this is also a very sensible and practical message.

Dear friend... I understand ur point..but i feel if ur people associate ur gov with india then vite for someone else. Ur issue ll be resolved. But i disagree with u tht india is killing million people... This is simply too much dude..and no one is talkinc abt annexing now...this ll be a wild dream of any one occupy BD

F#C# you Khurshed and shove your own vomit you bloody Bharti. We are neither Sikkim nor Nepal. You may sold your soul to Hindus but we didn't get separated from Hindus to be ruled by Hindus. Now take your sorry azz and go to hell scumbag.

Dear friend... I understand ur point..but i feel if ur people associate ur gov with india then vite for someone else. Ur issue ll be resolved. But i disagree with u tht india is killing million people... This is simply too much dude..and no one is talkinc abt annexing now...this ll be a wild dream of any one occupy BD

We know full well Indians do not want to annex or occupy Bangladesh, it is beyond India's scope and an unnecessary trouble they do not want. The Indian goal is to rule by proxy, using their agent Awami League, by force if necessary, which is happening now. Sheikh Mujib did the same, his one party misrule killed 40,000 opposition activists and 1-1.5 million in a famine. Hasina is already on the same course. I don't know exact numbers of opposition activist killed under Hasina so far, but it is in the thousands already. If she stays in power with India's direct support and advice, we may end up with another famine, who knows.

About killing millions I was responding to repeated threats by Indians about nuking us, we are not scared of it. We will do what we need to do to remove fascist dictators from our land, if needed in a civil war and then bring back democracy. That is the will of our 160 million people. But when Bangladesh starts burning, it will affect the entire region, so your govt. should be careful about stoking fire in this theater. Fires once started have a life of their own.

The best course for Indian govt. is to convince and force Hasina and Awami League to agree to an election under a neutral care taker govt., and help Bangladesh have a free and fair election. Is that too much to ask from the "largest democracy" in the world?

Last edited:
do u know the consequences of that....BD a nuclear wasteland....so keep your wet dreams to urself...can be dangerous for the survival of ur own country

That will be an unforgiveable mistake.

“While the U.S. is at some distance from Bangladesh, we are right next to it. So our understanding of the region and understanding of sentiments of the people in the region should be helpful in the positions they want to take.”

This is the dumbest statement a spokesman of a country can ever make. How can you have better understanding of the sentiments of a different country when you simply do not understand the sentiment of the countrymen of your own?

ভারতীয় মন্ত্রীর বক্তব্যের প্রতিবাদঃ অখণ্ডতা চাইলে হাত গুটিয়ে নিন-শেখ মহিউদ্দিন |

ভারতীয় মন্ত্রীর বক্তব্যের প্রতিবাদঃ অখণ্ডতা চাইলে হাত গুটিয়ে নিন-শেখ মহিউদ্দিন
If India wants to keep itself intact, it should take its hands off Bangladesh - Sheikh Mohiuddin, President of Liberal Party

শেখনিউজ রিপোর্টঃ মার্কিন যুক্তরাষ্ট্রকে ভারতের চোখ দিয়ে বাংলাদেশকে দেখার জন্য ভারতীয় পররাষ্ট্র মন্ত্রীর মন্তব্যে তীব্র নিন্দা ও প্রতিবাদ জানিয়েছেন লিবারেল পার্টি বাংলাদেশের প্রেসিডেন্ট ও ইন্টারন্যাশনাল বার এসোসিয়েশনের সদস্য শেখ মহিউদ্দিন আহমেদ। ভারতীয় মন্ত্রীর এই বক্তব্যকে এক গভীর ষড়যন্ত্র আখ্যায়িত করে তিনি এক বিবৃতিতে বলেছেন, নেহেরু ডকট্রিন বাস্তবায়নে চানক্যদের কোন ষড়যন্ত্রই বাংলার মাটিতে সফল হবে না। যে-ই ভারতের এই স্বপ্ন বাস্তবায়নে বাংলাদেশের মাটিতে ভারতের দালালী করবে সে-ই ইতিহাসের আস্তাকুড়ে নিক্ষিপ্ত হবে। সবাইকে মনে রাখতে হবে ঐতিহাসিকভাবে হাজার বছর ধরেই পূর্ববাংলার মানুষ চানক্য- আর্যদের প্রতিহত করেই টিকে রয়েছে, ভবিষ্যতেও থাকবে।
^Mr. Mohiuddin protested Salman Khurshid's comment that USA needs to see Bangladesh with India's eyes. Bangladeshi's will not accept Chanokyan conspiracy of India's agents to make Bangladesh into a vassal state of India.

ভারতীয় পররাষ্ট্র মন্ত্রী সালমান খুরশিদ যে বার্তা দিয়ে মার্কিনীদের এ দেশের বিষয়ে ভাগাভাগির যে ইঙ্গিতপূর্ণ আহবান করেছেন তা জাতির জন্য খুবই ভয়াবহ ভবিষ্যতের ইঙ্গিত উল্লেখ করে শেখ মহিউদ্দিন বলেন, নিজেদের অখণ্ডতা রক্ষার জন্য ভারত আজ মরিয়া হয়ে পড়েছে। ধীরে ধীরে বাংলাদেশের এক একটি শিল্পকে ধংস করেছে। তৈরি করেছে হাজারো লেন্দুপ দর্জি, নষ্ট একটি প্রজন্ম এবং ধংস করে দিয়েছে শেখ হাসিনা মার্কা দর্জিদের দিয়ে সাংবিধানিক প্রতিটি প্রতিষ্ঠান। এমনকি আমাদের ১ম ডিফেন্স লাইনকেও ধংস করে দিয়েছে হাসিনা গংদের দিয়ে। এসময় দেশপ্রেমিকদের ঐক্যবদ্ধ হওয়ার কোন বিকল্প নেই।
^India has destroyed Bangladesh industries one by one, created thousands of Lendup Dorge's, destroyed a generation (projonmo) and destroyed every state institution with Sheikh Hasina's boat branded Awami League politicization. Even this politicization has destroyed our first line of defense (the Army). Now the patriotic people of the country must unite to save the country.
ভারতকে বাংলাদেশ থেকে তার হাত গুটিয়ে নেয়ার আহবান জানিয়ে শেখ মহিউদ্দিন বলেন, সালমান খুরশিদদের দিয়ে বাংলার মানুষকে ধোঁকা দেয়া যাবে না। চানক্যদের এ সকল বস্তাপচা খেলা এখন খুবই পুরনো স্টাইল। ৪০ কোটি মানুষকে অভুক্ত রেখে পরাশক্তির মত ভাব সাব দেখিয়ে লাভ হবে না।বাংলাদেশকে নিয়ে বেশী খেলতে গেলে, এদেশে আগুন লাগানো বন্ধ না করলে ভারতকে নিজের আগুনেই জ্বলে পুরে ছারখার হতে হবে উল্লেখ করে বলেন, পৃথিবীতে এখন আর একচেটিয়া খেলার সময় শেষ হয়ে গেছে। অখণ্ডতা চাইলে ভারতকেই হাত গুটিয়ে ফেরত যেতে হবে।
^We Bangladeshi's will no longer be fooled by Chanokyan Indian conspiracies, even if they are mentioned by people like Salman Khurshid, these games have become all too well known and old for us. India cannot play super power while 400 million of her people are going hungry. If India tries to play games with Bangladesh, if Bangladesh catches fire then that fire will bring down India as well. If India wants to be intact, then it must take its hands off Bangladesh.

Tell me , dear @kalu_miah , after reading your post, just one thing, what does India have got to benefit from controlling govt by proxi? I agree, India supports BAL, but at best BD can offer us transit to NE states. Simply nothing other than that. BD have no natural resource, that we are gaining control by hook or crook.
BNP supported insurgent groups against India, and thats why we do not prefer BNP. If BNP had been neutral to India, why this problem?

Back
Top Bottom