What's new

India's ULFA Rebel Leader: Son Abducted in Bangladesh

Abu Zolfiqar

Rest in Peace
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

The leader of an Indian separatist group has alleged that his son has been kidnapped in Bangladesh.

Paresh Barua, head of the military wing of the United Liberation Front of Assam (Ulfa), said his teenage son's kidnappers were "pressurising" him to negotiate with the Indian government.

Indian intelligence officials have dismissed Mr Barua's claim.

They say the Ulfa is divided on the question of whether to join the peace process with India or not.

Ulfa rebels have fought for a separate Assamese homeland since 1979.

In an emailed statement, Mr Barua said his son's kidnappers tactics "won't work".

"Thousands of young men and women have died fighting for Assam's independence and my son may join that long list of martyrs. If that happens, I will be prepared for it," he said.

Mr Baruah did not provide details about when his son was kidnapped. He broadly alluded to "an Indian conspiracy", but the rebel chief was not specific about who could have been behind it.

But his statement attacked some senior Ulfa leaders, who Mr Barua alleged, were now "throwing all ideals to the wind" and trying to start the negotiations with India.

Mr Barua has opposed negotiations, saying there could be no dialogue with India, unless the "issue of Assam's sovereignty" was on the agenda, something that the government refuses to accept.

A spokesman for the group's pro-negotiations faction, Mithinga Daimary, dismissed the reported kidnapping as "a fiction".

A large number of Ulfa leaders have been released from prisons in Assam after they promised to start a dialogue with India.

The group's chairman Arabinda Rajkhowa, who was detained in Bangladesh last year and handed over to India, is also likely to be freed soon as the Assam government has not opposed his bail petitions.

_50555656__46890119_pareshbarua226-1.jpg

Good news if true ---- the kid will now grow free from the influence of scumbag terrorists.

well.. he should suffer a bit... for the many killing of sons, fathers, mothers, daughters...

anyone who tries to break our country should face more of such things.

let not the sins of the father be thrust upon the son. the kid is inocent ,

i think u forgot how this world works, kids have to pay for thier parents deeds. sad, but very well true.

But kid might still be in protection. It could case of harassment to get truth. Hopefully child is safe and enjoying life.

may be its RAW which did that in order to push Paresh Barua to surrender.

Good good. Do not show any mercy. His father has brought the plight to his own child. Mass murderer should feel how others were sad for their dear ones taken away from them by these terrorists.

The ULFA scenario is a direct replay of what happened with the terrorist groups in Nagaland. After decades of running wild when Burma decided to clamp down on them the groups splintered into pieces and are now no longer the threat they were.

As for Bangladesh the second PM Hasina came into power then ULFA has been handed down a series of body blows,and today the once feared organization is in total disarray with it's own members fighting each other.

Last edited:
Fantastic. :D

He's killed plenty of sons and daughters, I do hope whoever has kidnapped his son gives him a taste of his own medicine. These terrorists have families too, perhaps the only way to control them is to hit them where it hurts the most. After all, there's no reason why we shouldn't do to them what they do to us.

Fantastic. :D

He's killed plenty of sons and daughters, I do hope whoever has kidnapped his son gives him a taste of his own medicine. These terrorists have families too, perhaps the only way to control them is to hit them where it hurts the most. After all, there's no reason why we shouldn't do to them what they do to us.

Agreed. But how's it the son's fault what his father has done?

BTW, why are we even discussing this? Every year thousands of people get kidnapped throughout India. How's this one any different?

BTW, why are we even discussing this? Every year thousands of people get kidnapped throughout India. How's this one any different?

I think it is important. He isn't any other kid. I think Indian government is involved . That guy while wrecking havoc in his land , wants his son to be safe in another country. Why can't his son join his army and fight for the noble cause? How selfish!

That's completely irrelevant and who cares? we need to focus on punishing these scumbags one way or the other. Like I said, we should do to them exactly what they do to us. The only difference is that we will prevail.

Well he isn't just some ordinary guy, hopefully the well wishers who picked him up can teach his dad a lesson or two about murdering innocent civilians.

Well there goes the moral high ground that india harks on about. Looks like there is no difference between india and terrorists, indians advocating kiddnaping and doing god knows what to kids. Well done guys!

Back
Top Bottom