What's new

Anup Chetia extradited to India eight years ago visits Bangladesh

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Anup Chetia extradited to India eight years ago visits Bangladesh​

Muktadir Rashid | Published: 00:14, Feb 18,2023 | Updated: 00:33, Feb 18,2023

United Liberation Front of Assam founding leader Anup Chetia on Friday said that he again felt warm hospitality of Bangladeshi people while visiting Dhaka eight years after his handing over to the Indian authorities in 2015.

‘I felt warm hospitality in Dhaka. I visited Tungipara and Padma Bridge during my travel in Bangladesh in February 8–12,’ said Anup Chetia, whose real name is Golap Baruah, told New Age on Friday.

His daughter has tied knot with a Bangladeshi youth, who is her classmate and now settled in Australia.

‘I think people to people relations between Bangladesh and Assam should be fostered as there is misperception among Assamese about Bangladeshi,’ he added.

The marriage ceremony was held on September 30, 2022 between Banya Baruah and Bangladeshi youth Anirban Chowdhury at Assam’s Jeraigaon, Anup Chetia’s native village in a traditional style of the Motok community.

Anup Chetia said his visit was so personal that he could not meet any friends in Bangladesh.

Anup Chetia, whose real name is Golap Baruah, told New Age that this marriage would bolster people-to-people relations between Bangladesh and Assam.

‘Many still have misperception. But it is a period of globalisation,’ said Anup, whom the Indian media calls pro-talk ULFA leader.

My question is, why on Earth was he granted a visit visa?
Hasina Bibi needs Anup Chatia as the main witness to tell the future Juries that she and RAW had no hands in smuggling 10 trucks of weapons when the BNP was in power.

BNP was in power, but how come it did not make a special arrangement to stop a visit by a local off-duty OC to visit the Port site and discover the weapons as if It was like a cakewalk?

It was the BAL cronies who ordered that OC visit the site and start a political drama.

Hasina is very vicious. She has given Chetia a visa to blame the then-BNP govt. I ask him to produce documents and also circumstantial evidence.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom