What's new

India's shopping list of New Russian Defence deals - Innoprom 2016

This is one aspect i dont have a good answer. we should purchase more Arjuns surely. Not sure whats the real reason. But i guess we wish to phase out T72s completely. In such a case we might have looked at T90 may be T90MS edition.

It would have been good if we would have ordered around 400-500 Arjuns more bcz that would have helped our industry also.
I think this point is lost in translation.
The 1000 purchase is NOT the tanks but the purchase of "Upgrade kits" for our T-90s to Upgrade them to MS standard . This was in talks in 2013 but stopped cause we didn't get the required & promised TOT on T-90s. I think it might have been sorted out

Everything else Match up except utility helo.

Source based news

Source is in Innoprom 2016 and has sent some details over chat.

India will be purchasing a complete new list of arms from Russia. This was disclosed in the Innoprom 2016 meet between Russian officials and Indian Chief Ministers (Chandrababu - Seemandhra, Fadnavis - Maharastra and Rajasthan + other states delegates)

This includes the following
  1. 12 S-400 systems under Make In India Plan
  2. 2 Akula II submarines - First lease and then purchase once lease expires
  3. 4 new Tu 22M3 long ranged bombers under black project
  4. 80 new Mi17V5 helicopters
  5. 6 new IL 76 aircraft for purchasing Phalcon AWACS from Israel and integration
  6. 200 Ka226T for which a factory is being setup
  7. 1000+ new T90 tanks with upgrades
  8. Up-gradation and modernization of Mig 29 aircraft for $ 0.9 Billion
  9. Further plans for JV work of Brahmos.
Substantial progress is also made in FGFA project for which separate announcement will be made by the governments

Will try and find some more news as the same should be out in interfax as per the source.

@Abingdonboy @MilSpec @SpArK @AUSTERLITZ @Stephen Cohen @anant_s @hellfire @zebra7 @others

12 S400 is a big number and so is the new 2 SSN lease purchase.. Tu22M3 long ranged bombers.. so we have some already and now 4 new.. that is a very big black project..

Wow bro, I think this is the first time I saw 50+ thx on one post, good going.

Anyways thx for the info as always, PARIKRAMA can u tell me about how many FGFA are being looked at. Media news is reporting 127 but I think it should be around 250. Any two seater versions included, Your thoughts on this bro.

With 12 S-400 SAMS entire India will be fully covered, it's definitely a huge news.

On T-90 tanks, the only reason India wasn't building them was because we only received 40% of TOT instead of full promised. Does this mean Russia has decided to part ways with full TOT? Any chance on Armada tanks? I means for fit T-90 tanks and procure Armada. What do u think?

Would u also know the status of next generation Talwar class frigates that we were discussing with them?

Thx in advance.

If I may Answer

Media news is reporting 127 but I think it should be around 250. Any two seater versions included, Your thoughts on this bro.
requirement is scaled down for sure. May be for now. To cut the costs 5th Gen is dam costly.
Never going to be a twin seater. A separate trainer is being made.
With 12 S-400 SAMS entire India will be fully covered, it's definitely a huge news.
More correctly , 12+3 covered the threat area for sure. To say entire India we need 22 such systems

On T-90 tanks, the only reason India wasn't building them was because we only received 40% of TOT instead of full promised. Does this mean Russia has decided to part ways with full TOT?
Correct. Russians wanted us to purchase the MS upgrade so hold on TOT. Looks like both side agreed.
Any chance on Armada tanks? I means for fit T-90 tanks and procure Armada. What do u think?
Not a chance. T-90MS will do for now.
Would u also know the status of next generation Talwar class frigates that we were discussing with them?
On track but for now priorities are on SSN.
Tu long range bombers is surprise to me. But it's a sure news

Well... afaik.. india did operated these bombers around 90's.. but they were phased out as satellite imaging became more sensible..
but buying 4 new Tu came at huge surprise for me.. as i thought days of bombers were very limited..

Well... afaik.. india did operated these bombers around 90's.. but they were phased out as satellite imaging became more sensible..
but buying 4 new Tu came at huge surprise for me.. as i thought days of bombers were very limited..
That depends sir...I am sure these bombers are required for Indian Ocean region....Just assume 2 strategic bombers with 10 Brahmos or some other long range missile each on them approaching enemy's ships?

That depends sir...I am sure these bombers are required for Indian Ocean region....Just assume 2 strategic bombers with 10 Brahmos or some other long range missile each on them approaching enemy's ships?
First.. me no SIR @kaykay.. i am probably one of the noobest... xD Yea.. i got the idea.. it will be a massive power projection with out Pi based at Andaman.. certainly our neighbour will be taking note of this.

that was Mig -25 !

that was Mig -25 !
Yes Migs where used for that but

I am not saying we have Tu for along time now
I am not saying it's additon to existing fleet.
I am not saying what I am saying.
Conclusion : I won't be saying anything that our GOI isn't saying that doesn't mean we don't have anything to say.
:rofl: it's fun this way. I hope you get the point

Those were Migs !!!! Not TUs

Common opinion is they were used to keep eye on vast sea we have

Limited opinion is they were for secondary strick package (N)

Last edited:

Source based news

Source is in Innoprom 2016 and has sent some details over chat.

India will be purchasing a complete new list of arms from Russia. This was disclosed in the Innoprom 2016 meet between Russian officials and Indian Chief Ministers (Chandrababu - Seemandhra, Fadnavis - Maharastra and Rajasthan + other states delegates)

This includes the following
  1. 12 S-400 systems under Make In India Plan
  2. 2 Akula II submarines - First lease and then purchase once lease expires
  3. 4 new Tu 22M3 long ranged bombers under black project
  4. 80 new Mi17V5 helicopters
  5. 6 new IL 76 aircraft for purchasing Phalcon AWACS from Israel and integration
  6. 200 Ka226T for which a factory is being setup
  7. 1000+ new T90 tanks with upgrades
  8. Up-gradation and modernization of Mig 29 aircraft for $ 0.9 Billion
  9. Further plans for JV work of Brahmos.
Substantial progress is also made in FGFA project for which separate announcement will be made by the governments

Will try and find some more news as the same should be out in interfax as per the source.

@Abingdonboy @MilSpec @SpArK @AUSTERLITZ @Stephen Cohen @anant_s @hellfire @zebra7 @others

12 S400 is a big number and so is the new 2 SSN lease purchase.. Tu22M3 long ranged bombers.. so we have some already and now 4 new.. that is a very big black project..

Stop promoting such baseless bull shit

12 S 400 under make in India, means making graveyard for indegionus BMD Program, We gets some 6-10 S 400 to safeguard some major cities, there will be very less amount of indegionus works will be involved in S 400,

Akula Submarines, yawn, we looking some 20+ diesel electric sub's, meantime we also plans to invest to speed up our own SSN Program, the only issue is Budget

Tupelov bombers, that never gonna happen, Navy already operates P8 bomber, and plans to buy some 12 more in future, even the MRMPA RFI still on the Table, Navy either buys the MQ4 or MQ9

Mi 17 deal may happen, since para military and Army too requesting some medium lifts

Additional falcons, oh shit, two of them still in Israel for out fitting, IAF scouts wide body AEWCS based in A330, the plan still in table, once budget allocated it will be rolled on.

Ka 226 almost the finalised deal, once the Army ready for contract, via MII route the helis rolled on,

No more T 90, one can expect more number of Arjun Mark 2, even there's is a news of two regiment of MK 2 ordered very recently, our future large number order comes either MK2 or FRCV, no more foreign tanks

Another update, wtf, the MiG 29 recently upgraded into UPG standard, what's hurry for another, it seems the UPG is the final MLU of MiG 29

JV of Brahmos expected and are in table as Hypersonic and NG version planned

weblink does not work and some Indian fanboys here claimed stupidly that these were secretly being operated by India which is bull shyte.

Actually the Tu 22 bullshit claim was once floated in the internet when a Aussie journo saws Fu 22 in Andaman Islands, and Ruski supporters in India made orgasm on it

12 S 400 under make in India, means making graveyard for indegionus BMD Program, We gets some 6-10 S 400 to safeguard some major cities, there will be very less amount of indegionus works will be involved in S 400,

Akula Submarines, yawn, we looking some 20+ diesel electric sub's, meantime we also plans to invest to speed up our own SSN Program, the only issue is Budget

Tupelov bombers, that never gonna happen, Navy already operates P8 bomber, and plans to buy some 12 more in future, even the MRMPA RFI still on the Table, Navy either buys the MQ4 or MQ9

Mi 17 deal may happen, since para military and Army too requesting some medium lifts

Additional falcons, oh shit, two of them still in Israel for out fitting, IAF scouts wide body AEWCS based in A330, the plan still in table, once budget allocated it will be rolled on.

Ka 226 almost the finalised deal, once the Army ready for contract, via MII route the helis rolled on,

No more T 90, one can expect more number of Arjun Mark 2, even there's is a news of two regiment of MK 2 ordered very recently, our future large number order comes either MK2 or FRCV, no more foreign tanks

Another update, wtf, the MiG 29 recently upgraded into UPG standard, what's hurry for another, it seems the UPG is the final MLU of MiG 29

JV of Brahmos expected and are in table as Hypersonic and NG version planned

Actually the Tu 22 bullshit claim was once floated in the internet when a Aussie journo saws Fu 22 in Andaman Islands, and Ruski supporters in India made orgasm on it

Hello Sir ; what happened to your Blog

CS based in A330, the plan still in table, once budget allocated it will be rolled on.

o saws Fu 22 in Andaman Islands, and Ruski supporters in India made orgasm on it

12 S 400 under make in India, means making graveyard for indegionus BMD Program, We gets some 6-10 S 400 to safeguard some major cities, there will be very less amount of indegionus works
india has no system compare to S 400 & drdo will not come up with similar system in another decade at minimum

india has no system compare to S 400 & drdo will not come up with similar system in another decade at minimum

You have never heard of Barak 8 NG and never heard of AAD, PAD tier 2 version of AD1 and AD 2, I request you to study some articles based on DRDO future developments

All that DRDO need is just money for R&D

You are

You maybe wrong again. TU22M cannot land in Andaman and Nicobar and also don't have the range unless they decide to fly over Pakistan and then India or China and Bangladesh trust me. We see them over the English channel often. F 22 Raptors are too small compared to a TU 22 M to be mistaken for each other.

It does seem IN had these see page 130 in "Significance of Indo-Russian Relations in 21st Century" by V. D. Chopra

Do you even know what a long run way is required for TU 22M? We see them over the English channel every two weeks.

Three myths Indian fanboys talk about without understanding how dumb they sound on a military forum.

Brahmos is about to be exported. heard it for the last 15 years but it never happened.

TU 22M have operated from INS Rajali, the only airfield where they could have operated from but it is false as only a feasibility study was carried out in 1998 when India was mulling leasing them but nothing more than that so again crap.

India has secretly inducted S-300 and later S-400 missile AD systems. It never happened though I suspect this time next year a contract will be signed.

Cheers

You have never heard of Barak 8 NG and never heard of AAD, PAD tier 2 version of AD1 and AD 2, I request you to study some articles based on DRDO future developments

All that DRDO need is just money for R&D
barak 8 no abm capability but same as 9M962 ,PAD & AAD nowhere close to 48N6 & 40N6 Missiles of S 400 ...AAD1
& 2 still on drawing board wont see them for anothere decade & a half

Back
Top Bottom