What's new

India’s future may lie more with Russia and China than with the US, writes RN Bhaskar

India should continue with it's non alignment policy, deal and have relations with both the east and the west. Picking a side doesn't benefit us or our people in the long run.

I don't think Soviet Union dared to nuke China. China was very close to having long distance nuke delivery technology by then.

Lol! It doesn’t matter what you think.

In the Ukraine/Russian thread the Chinese are saying the Russians will uses nukes against the west.

Meanwhile when China invaded Russia you feel they would never use nukes…

The fact is they asked the US if it was ok to use nukes against Beijing…your fate was in the US hands. Basically they didn’t care about anybody’s
opinion…just ours. You were lucky we were there otherwise history would have been different.

A casual yes or no answer over a cup of coffee between Russian and US diplomats.

Last edited:
Evidenced by India's independent foriegn policy. Buying Russian S-400s, Russian oil, etc. If India's is a "poodle of the west", then what is Pakistan? :P
Well unfortunately we have pro-US poodles at the top. They don't represent the whole nation. You will see it in the next elections here if the elections will be free and fair.

Lol! It doesn’t matter what you think.

In the Ukraine/Russian thread the Chinese are saying the Russians will uses nukes against the west.

Meanwhile when China invaded Russia you feel they would never use nukes…

The fact is they asked the US if it was ok to use nukes against Beijing…your fate was in the US hands. Basically they didn’t care about anybody’s
opinion…just ours. You were lucky we were there otherwise history would have been different.

A casual yes or no answer over a cup of coffee between Russian and US diplomats.
If you call a conflict over a small island in the middle of border river as "invade".

Don't exaggerate Soviet Union's military capability. Look how its army performed in Afghanistan

If you call a conflict over a small island in the middle of border river as "invade".

Don't exaggerate Soviet Union's military capability. Look how its army performed in Afghanistan

Exaggerate what...I never said they would win anything...I just mean the nuclear missiles would have been flying on the way to Beijing.

Unless you think their ICBMs don't actually go bang when they reach their targets?

Yes, India and Russia's interests not converging with regards to Afghanistan equates to Pak-Russia alliance. :cheesy:

Exaggerate what...I never said they would win anything...I just mean the nuclear missiles would have been flying on the way to Beijing.

Unless you think their ICBMs don't actually go bang when they reach their targets?
Khrushchev was a big mouth but coward political leader. We can see that from Cuba crisis. What Soviet Union could gain from nuking Beijing? Except making Khrushchev feel better, nothing else. On the other hand, the cost of nuking Beijing would be unbearable for Soviet Union. The huge moral loss aside, Soviet Union could not sustain cold war with west and hot war with China at the same time. In 1970, China successfully launched its first satellite. If Soviet Union nuked China in 1969, could it end the war with China within one year?

I don't think Khrushchev would do it after he regained his rationality. Even if he got US approval.

If China can resolve the issues with India then India will anyday prefer eastern bloc over western one. China though shows no intent in resolving the issues and relies on geopolitical bullying.
Is it not the same with India vis-vis Pakistan? Our issues too can be resolved but India is not interested in resolving the issues; infact, India continues to provoke reactions from Pakistan through measures which benefit no-one at all. I am confident that all matters, be it India-Pakistan issues or India-China issues, everything can be resolved at the negotiation table with good intentions. It may take years but everything has a solution at the table.

Is it not the same with India vis-vis Pakistan? Our issues too can be resolved but India is not interested in resolving the issues; infact, India continues to provoke reactions from Pakistan through measures which benefit no-one at all. I am confident that all matters, be it India-Pakistan issues or India-China issues, everything can be resolved at the negotiation table with good intentions. It may take years but everything has a solution at the table.
The only resolution agreeable to Pakistan would be where India ends up loosing sizeable land, not even status quo works so how can we negotiate?

Wrong guy. It was Leonid Brezhnev
Whoever he is. Soviet Union would never nuke Beijing. However, if USA also nukes Beijing, USA and Soviet Union share all the costs together, and the balance between the two super powers would be remained, nuking Beijing would be possible. I guess Soviet Union invited USA to attack China together. USA rejected the proposal. That's all the story about. USA may secretly hope Soviet Union to nuke Beijing.

Last edited:
I guess Soviet Union invited USA to attack China together.

No, you guess wrong. They could handle themselves.

They just don't want our missiles landing in Moscow...that's the only reason they mentioned it to us. They weren't looking for help nuking Beijing,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom