What's new

India's Forex Reserves Fall As Foreign Investors Head For The Exits

Inflation for food items are 12-13%, and overall inflation is 7-8%. We have lived under much high inflation when we had Congress rule.

I hear first hand accounts that people have widely stopped buying edible oil in Kolkata and boiling vegetables to eat.

The only person getting rich in this scenario is Adani with his edible oil empire.

As usual "new" Indians here in PDF will clap and encourage people like Adanis/Ambanis to exploit poor Indians and supply more money to support Banya-friend Modi.

Guess how India got the "khetab" of having more hunger than sub-saharan Africa.

Will be true once more.

Bunch of d*mbf*cks.

Pocket change? 87 Billion USD is greater than your entire defence budget.

They cant even feed most their population nor employee most there youth, thus they will show their insecurity in other ways. This beggar nation is number 1 largest aid receiver in the history of mankind

I hear first hand accounts that people have widely stopped buying edible oil in Kolkata and boiling vegetables to eat.

The only person getting rich in this scenario is Adani with his edible oil empire.

As usual "new" Indians here in PDF will clap and encourage people like Adanis/Ambanis to exploit poor Indians and supply more money to support Banya-friend Modi.

Will be true once more.

Bunch of d*mbf*cks.

It is a part of their religion ie caste system - https://www.oxfam.org/en/india-extreme-inequality-numbers

Pathetic society brags about the number of billionaires while same pajeets cannot find a proper job :D

Will be true once more.

Bunch of d*mbf*cks.

You do realize that there are many local micro brands who's price doesn't demand a premium like Adani's? And moreover, mustard oil is more popular in Bengal in middle and lower middle class, than refined vegetable oil. And on top of that, edible oils are available in ration shops all across India at a much subsidized rates.

So whoever is feeding you information, is just feeding you a steaming pile of baloney.

You do realize that there are many local micro brands who's price doesn't demand a premium like Adani's? And moreover, mustard oil is more popular in Bengal in middle and lower middle class, than refined vegetable oil. And on top of that, edible oils are available in ration shops all across India at a much subsidized rates.

So whoever is feeding you information, is just feeding you a steaming pile of baloney.

Whatever dada, the person I got the info from is a very decent reliable person and highly placed surgeon (a family friend local to Kolkata).

I have zero reason to doubt him.

There are people left in India who don't wave pom poms, cheer-leading for Modi.

Whatever dada, the person I got the info from is a very decent reliable person and highly placed surgeon (a family friend local to Kolkata).

I have zero reason to doubt him.

There are people left in India who don't wave pom poms, cheer-leading for Modi.

Then he probably never showed up to any local ration store to see what's available and what's not.

I have a very humble beginning dada, school e porar somoye every saturday ration e line e daratam for 2 hours to get subsidized groceries. People did suffered during covid times because of supply chain issues, and migrants trapped in different states, otherwise Indian ration system is very resilient in protecting the vulnerable class from inflation

And FYI, ration system predates Modi, so I am not waving any pom poms for any ruling class.

since 2016 Indian economy has been declining relative to China. Chinese investors are losing interest in a declining Indian market.
Chinese investment actually jumped dramatically during 2016-2019 but it was still insignificant for india compared to japanese , us and EU investment

Is this how you prove your point sir , By mentioning people whose existence isn't even known here ? in that case I too can say that i have friend who is well placed in your nation's garment/undergarment industry. Do you have data/facts from a trusted, reputable source to back your point ?

Last edited:
Is this how you prove your point sir , By mentioning people whose existence isn't even known here ? in that case I too can say that i have friend who is well placed in your nation's garment/undergarment industry. Do you have data/facts from a trusted, reputable source to back your point ?

National Public Radio in US credible enough for you?

"Annual inflation here (India) is close to 7%. Rising food prices are a really big deal in rural areas, where the majority of Indians live, many in poverty. We're seeing people changing to cheaper edible oils, people boiling their vegetables rather than frying them in oil.

Then he probably never showed up to any local ration store to see what's available and what's not.

I have a very humble beginning dada, school e porar somoye every saturday ration e line e daratam for 2 hours to get subsidized groceries. People did suffered during covid times because of supply chain issues, and migrants trapped in different states, otherwise Indian ration system is very resilient in protecting the vulnerable class from inflation

And FYI, ration system predates Modi, so I am not waving any pom poms for any ruling class.

Modda kotha shuina lon - apni godo-godo hoia Modi-rey jei asthar orgho disen - tar mullayon korar khomota tar nai.

Shob-e meki, shob-e bhaota-bajee.....

Khomotai gesey taka ushul kortey, ushul koirai chharbey. Dhormo nia dhua toley, ar apnara lafan ar tarey vote den.

Ei porjonto kom koira hoileo 200-300 crore rupees Swiss Bank e joma korsey. Oi khobor karo nai.

Ar apney aasen apnar ration-er chal nia.

Amra Bangladeshey boli "chokh thakitey ondho".

BJP walla der hoisey oi obostha....

This was probably anticipated and will be dealt with. We have to see how it is going to impact the people sentiment about the economy.
Dealt with how? IMF? The issue with large is economies is that they are very difficult to bail out.

I am looking forward to the day average Indians can also enjoy the swimming pool in the Presidential Palace.

National Public Radio in US credible enough for you?

"Annual inflation here (India) is close to 7%. Rising food prices are a really big deal in rural areas, where the majority of Indians live, many in poverty. We're seeing people changing to cheaper edible oils, people boiling their vegetables rather than frying them in oil.

Pretty intersting survey 👍

Dealt with how? IMF? The issue with large is economies is that they are very difficult to bail out.

I am looking forward to the day average Indians can also enjoy the swimming pool in the Presidential Palace.
India is not at the risk of defaulting tho. The risk will decline even further as indian economy grows bigger and macroeconomic indicators improve. The scenario you mentioned was possible in 1991 when india was left with 3 Billion USD of forex. No one anticipates india defaulting on it's debt in the current scenario.
You can look forward to that day in your head.

Since you are from pakistan , you must be knowing that your country is currently ranked among the most likely countries to default on their debt.

Last edited:
Pretty intersting survey 👍

India is not at the risk of defaulting tho. The risk will decline even further as indian economy grows bigger and macroeconomic indicators improve. The scenario you mentioned was possible in 1991 when india was left with 3 Billion USD of forex. No one anticipates india defaulting on it's debt in the current scenario.
You can look forward to that day in your head.

Since you are from pakistan , you must be knowing that your country is currently ranked among the most likely countries to default on their debt.
Pakistan has been on risk of a default for 75 year so no big deal. Remember South Korea almost defaulted a few years ago so never say never. Indian financial statistics especially under Modi cannot be relied upon. Does the Indian presidential palace have a swimming pool?

How come it says here that India's debt to GDP ratio is 52%?

Please explain to a simple person as I am no expert in economic matters.

Must have included FDI is my guess. I'm too not an expert on economics.

Japan, China, USA all have higher ratio. OTOH Afghanistan has one of the lowest ratio!

Maybe you can ask the author of the article... You did take time and efforts to find this article!

Go meet a doctor. Your face is swelling.
Hey man, cut the dude some slack. He got poked with the end of pole while pole vaulting during his latest attempt, ok?
Ans since we are on this topic, let me explain something else, too. This same man had sustained serious injuries when he fell headfirst during one of his earlier attampt. That should explain his behaviour to you.
Hence, I implore you to be civilized and gentle when dealing with his weird posts.

Also, don't even dare to comment on him eating a banana. Citizens of 🍌 republic don't have many choices.

Thanks.

Ive worked with off shore developers for many many years and let me tell you one thing... Indians are the worst and of the lowest quality BY FAR. Most indians developers lie through their teeth on their resume/credentials to get their foot into the door. Once they land a position as a developer usually a much more skilled developer (on shore or another country) will spend the majority of their time teaching the liar indian fresher to get them on par to be able to do basic development stories. The knowledge transfer itself takes many many months of the skilled developers time.

By the time the Indian dev is remotely capable of doing any sort of work, the skilled dev is exhausted spending much of their time working over time on not just their assigned work but the assigned work of the low skilled indian devs so what do they do? they look elsewhere. You pretty much end up losing all your highly skilled developers due to the shitshow these indian devs bring. In the end you really lose any cost saving you thought would come by hiring someone cheap in india.

Nothing wrong with off shore developers per se, some of the best off shore developers I have worked with were actually from central/south america, eastern europe, africa, and pakistan. To become a developer in India you dont even need to finish high school, theres a scam IT institute or college in every ally of hyderabad/bangalhore where even a housewife can become a "developer".

Most western companies are catching on fast to this and are moving away from Indian offshore companies due to their scamming cheap ways.
I can relate. The Indian students once cheated so bad in the class TAed by me that I have to fail all of them. I even caught a guy who outsourced his course homework on a job website. Dude tried to get his project done with 100 bucks but failed because of his stingy offer for a graduate school level project requiring much more time and energy than he expected.

Back
Top Bottom