What's new

India's crazy deficit, when it will explode?

Back up your claim.

In my view, India is next huge abyss of global economic downturn, and now only leaves a light match ignited by evil hedge funds.

Ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha Ho ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ..... World's 46th Largest economy commenting on the 9th Largest. Wake up from your dreams...and please go and Vote for Imran Khan...well is Zaid Hamid running for the Presidency this year....Man I would love to Zaid as Pres and Hamid Gul as PM.

I do not think it is a necessary question....how many Gorkha Regiments does Indian Army has...do you think one should ask such questions to them...they have killed and laid down their lives for India. So before you open your mouth please use your brain.

Woah woah slow down your horse Nepali brother. I just asked this question because you seemed to quite aware of Indian politics for a Nepali.

jayanata,thats cool

Nepalis are as much Indians and great hindus,thanks bro,u r obviously one of us.

Is that "world bank" "IMF" " Wikea" make you puke?

So our "smart" Indian friend would you please tell me how much Singapore exports , did you so lazy to google it by yourself?

Not at all. I'm far less lazy than you are in any case. It exports 431 billion SINGAPOREAN Dollars. Try and work out the math.

EzioAltaïr;3934193 said:
Not at all. I'm far less lazy than you are in any case. It exports 431 billion SINGAPOREAN Dollars. Try and work out the math.

Why should I explain to you?
I just use data everyone knows except stupid man.

GDP per capita 2012: Singapore $45000 India $1300
Exports 2012: Singapore $430B India $280B

Yes, we are a small city, but compare to India, it seems like we are giant..

LOL these amateurs,Do you even know what a hedge fund is???Indian hedge funds have significantly low leverage compared to its Global counter part,thanks to the higher regulation by SEBI.

Actually I am pro in econ and you miss my point.

Global hedge funds are predators who will prey Indian currency and Indian assets. In other words, shorting their positions of indian targets, inr swaps or interest pegged Indian debt/bonds... They build huge positions over the year and by leverage they could easily overthrow Indian ship....

Actually I am pro in econ and you miss my point.

Global hedge funds are predators who will prey Indian currency and Indian assets. In other words, shorting their positions of indian targets, inr swaps or interest pegged Indian debt/bonds... They build huge positions over the year and by leverage they could easily overthrow Indian ship....

Not necessarily true, because India does impose a lot of restrictions on foreign currency exchange, much like China does, making speculation hard. If they short the stock, they wont be able to convert the rupees to dollars fast enough.

The Indian deficit most likely will just continue to cause high inflation, and tnerefore bind the Indian central banks room for reducing the interest rate to stimulating the slowing economy. Unless some miracle happens, I foresee a long period of slow economic growth for India.

Why should I explain to you?
I just use data everyone knows except stupid man.

Your IQ is lower than my pet monkey's. 430 billion singaporean dollar you genius.

And per capita income is hardly what you should go by. India has 1 billion people, Singapore has such a small population, that its easy to give everyone a huge income.

Besides India didn't even open up its market until 1990.

EzioAltaïr;3936995 said:
Your IQ is lower than my pet monkey's. 430 billion singaporean dollar you genius.

And per capita income is hardly what you should go by. India has 1 billion people, Singapore has such a small population, that its easy to give everyone a huge income.

Besides India didn't even open up its market until 1990.

Wow......
Now a poor Indian who can't google or reading talk about IQ?

You make the world laugh once again.

And I will post again:

2012 India imports around $500 billion, exports around $300 billion, deficit is around $200 billion. Similar to 2011.

I am curious: where did India get the money?

For US, they can simply print more dollars. But I guess no one buy Indian currency and India needs foreign currency to pay imports, so where is money from?

(if all loans, that's a lot)

Is that "world bank" "IMF" " Wikea" make you puke?

So our "smart" Indian friend would you please tell me how much Singapore exports , did you so lazy to google it by yourself?

lol its good that you are not from China``because every time I quoted facts from WB, IMF, PCT and Thomson Reuters and they say those are Chinese 'propaganda'`` lol those clueless indians play delusion at grandiose scale

2012 India imports around $500 billion, exports around $300 billion, deficit is around $200 billion. Similar to 2011.

I am curious: where did India get the money?

For US, they can simply print more dollars. But I guess no one buy Indian currency and India needs foreign currency to pay imports, so where is money from?

(if all loans, that's a lot)

India buys dollars from the foreign exchange market since they don't earn dollars from trade surpluses. They print rupees and buy dollars. This is one of the main reasons India has such high inflation for so long. They need to reduce their deficits.
Otherwise it's a never ending spiral.

With only $200 billion government revenue, India should affort $200 billion fiscal deficit and $200 billion trade deficit.

How crazy India government are? It seems like a person earns $200B a year but expend $600B. even far more crazy than Greece. Overdraft for false prosperity would not last on.

So who can tell me when it will explode? It will hurt others too.

India's trade deficit widens to $20 bn in January

domain-b.com : India's trade deficit may hit $200 billion in FY'13

Don't know what was the purpose of this thread to start with??

But, India's Fiscal deficit is approx. Rs. 480000 crore, which comes out to be around $90+ billion not $ 200 billion (5.1 % of the GDP):

Fiscal deficit at 5.1 per cent of GDP in BE 2012-13.
Net market borrowing required to finance the deficit to be Rs. 4.79 lakh crore in 2012-13.

http://indiabudget.nic.in/ub2012-13/bh/bh1.pdf

+ The revenue of GOI is Rs. 10,77,612 crore, which is around $210+ billion:

Gross Tax Receipts estimated at Rs.10,77,612 crore

Obviously, this is a borrowing & GOI doesn't have to pay upfront money, instead GOI issues Govt. Bonds to the market.

Agreed, that the Trade Deficit is $200 billion.

But than there is something called FOREX RESERVES of $295 billion:

Reserve Bank of India

So, as things stand currently, GOI has just enough money to pay for both the Trade Deficit & the fiscal Deficit at the same time, but than it doesn't have to pay for fiscal deficit all at once, does it??

Singapore, India trade down 15.9% in 2012

SINGAPORE: The bilateral trade between India and Singapore fell by 15.9 per cent to SGD 29.8 billion ($24.05 billion) last year from 35.43 billion Singaporean dollar (SGD) in 2011, trade promotion agency International Enterprise (IE) Singapore said on Friday.

India, ranked 11 among Singapore's top 15 trading partners, accounting for 3 per cent of Singapore's total trade of SGD 984.9 billion in 2012, IE said.

The total trade of Singapore rose by 1.1 per cent in 2012 but was lower than previously projected range of between 3 per cent and 4 per cent due to the poor trade performance in the fourth quarter, it said.
It added that the global economic crisis also impacted the Singapore-India trade.

Singapore's total exports declined marginally by 0.9 per cent while imports grew by 3.2 per cent during the year.

Non-oil trade increased by 1.7 per cent while oil trade contracted by 0.4 per cent, it said.

Meanwhile, the Singapore's ministry of trade and industry said it was maintaining economic growth forecast at 1 per cent to 3 per cent for this year.

Singapore recorded a gross domestic product growth of 1.3 per cent last year, mainly due to weakness in the externally- oriented sectors.

The ministry said the global economic growth was likely to remain subdued during this year.

The global macroeconomic conditions have stabilised in recent months against the backdrop of improved financial market conditions, it said.

While the US housing market has shown signs of improvement, the strength of the economic recovery would be restrained by fiscal tightening, the ministry added.

The euro-zone economic growth was expected to remain stagnant, weighed down by ongoing fiscal tightening, private sector deleveraging, as well as high unemployment rates.

In Asia, growth was likely to be moderate, supported by resilient domestic demand and modest growth in external demand, the ministry said.

Singapore, India trade down 15.9% in 2012 - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom