What's new

India's crazy deficit, when it will explode?

GDP per capita 2012: Singapore $45000 India $1300
Exports 2012: Singapore $430B India $280B

Yes, we are a small city, but compare to India, it seems like we are giant.
impressive figures of Singapore, respect!

Back up your claim.

In my view, India is next huge abyss of global economic downturn, and now only leaves a light match ignited by evil hedge funds.

u saying this?? plz google failed states.

Back up your claim.

In my view, India is next huge abyss of global economic downturn, and now only leaves a light match ignited by evil hedge funds.

LOL these amateurs,Do you even know what a hedge fund is???Indian hedge funds have significantly low leverage compared to its Global counter part,thanks to the higher regulation by SEBI.

The biggest problem creator for the trade deficit is Oil import. Till we reduce our dependence on imported crude, the situation is not likely to change much.

Indian economy in a shambles
Tuesday, 12 February 2013 15:51 PNS | New Delhi / Mumbai

The Government's forecast of a mere 5 per cent rise in GDP this fiscal was fortified on Monday by two major indicators of economy. In the first major indicator domestic annual car sales are set to be in the negative territory for the first time in a decade. Automobile sector affects a big base of small and big ancillary industry in the country.

In another such indication, Reserve Bank Governor Duvvuri Subbarao warned that the country was headed for the highest ever current account deficit (CAD) this fiscal as the CAD rose to 5.3 per cent of GDP in the second quarter.

Completing the woeful economic scenario, he went on to add that inflation which had slowed down to a three-year low of 7.18 per cent in December 2012, is “still high”. He painted the grim picture while addressing the convocation of the central bank-promoted Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research in Mumbai.

“Last year, CAD was 4.2 per cent of GDP, but this year we expect it would be significantly higher than that. It's going to be historically the highest CAD measured as a proportion of GDP,” the Governor said adding that it would not be a great worry if the widening CAD is on account of import of capital goods, but here it is high on account of import of oil and gold. The trade gap is widening mainly because of higher import of oil and gold. The third quarter numbers are expected later this week.

He also expressed concern over the way the CAD, which is the gap between forex gained and forex spent, is being financed by volatile inflows instead of more foreign direct investments.

High CAD and seriously slowing automobile sector suggest that the country is headed for a much more gloomy situation and the slump is yet to hit the bottom.

Indian economy in a shambles
When India's crazy deficit explodes, the Maoist revolution and all the separatist movements will expode too. Then India will make a desperate gamble and attack China and Pakistan. Then China and Pakistan will crush their military and carve up India.

When India's crazy deficit explodes, the Maoist revolution and all the separatist movements will expode too. Then India will make a desperate gamble and attack China and Pakistan. Then China and Pakistan will crush their military and carve up India.

Stupid word.

If you don't believe Wikea, you can google rather than person attack, typical Indians... kown nothing but like person attack.

Just tell me where is "silly" word in my post, my "silly" Indian friends.

You are acting so silly, it's making me puke. You stated that Singapore exports 430 billion per year. We stated Singapore's total GDP is half of the exports. Explain how the logic works, and then speak.

Indian economy has been a mess for a while but their debt crisis is becoming worse which caused the rupee to collapse from early 40 to mid 50. It's budget and trade deficit is still very high. To make matters worse inflation is high too.
That whole country is in shambles regarding economic, financial and social situation.
The worse thing is that it will only get worse from here.

India has gone through worst possible poverty, and economic and political anarchy in last two centuries. Whatever happens now, no way we are going back to those levels. even if there is temporary downturn in economy for some reason, ultimately we can only go up.

EzioAltaïr;3925810 said:
You are acting so silly, it's making me puke. You stated that Singapore exports 430 billion per year. We stated Singapore's total GDP is half of the exports. Explain how the logic works, and then speak.

Is that "world bank" "IMF" " Wikea" make you puke?

So our "smart" Indian friend would you please tell me how much Singapore exports , did you so lazy to google it by yourself?

No he is not a magician...but a good administrator...and above all a person with no corruption charges. People may damn him as a religious fanatic....but the fact is that Gujrat had communal riots 1969,1980, 1982, 1985,1990-1991- 1992. People know it as Muslims were killed...but out of 1000 killed there were 250 Hindus...now that's off topic. The thing to be noticed it there has been no riots since 2002...what India needs is a leader who knows how to administrate, one who is patriotic and someone corruption free...NAMO has proved himself...no doubt there has been a series of attacks on him using the media as a tool..but now people are smart enough to understand how secular are the so-called secular parties.

Are you an Indian or a Nepali ?

Are you an Indian or a Nepali ?

I do not think it is a necessary question....how many Gorkha Regiments does Indian Army has...do you think one should ask such questions to them...they have killed and laid down their lives for India. So before you open your mouth please use your brain.

Back
Top Bottom