What's new

India’s bid for ‘second strike capability’ to put pressure on Pakistan, says SPD official

Totally wrong, I know what I am talking about. Atlas Honda has in house engine factory. Rest of the small assemblers get engine block and rest of the engine part from 3 or 4 manufacturers. I will give you the links when I have time. smaller bikes have 100 percent local content

So your indigenous Engine manufacturing is Atlas Honda.... :enjoy:. Thanks for proving my point.

So your indigenous Engine manufacturing is Atlas Honda.... :enjoy:. Thanks for proving my point.
I don't know what you girls are arguing about, but NPO engines were and still are available at cheap prices in abundance. Why would Pakistan want to spend time and Money on trying to develop a new engine for Babur when only a few hundred will ever be needed.
Pakistan did the sane thing and stockpiled engines from market,now being used in Raad and Babur.
On the other hand DRDO laghu Shakti is nowhere to be seen.

They are two ways to fire a missile from a torpedo tube.

One is to fire cannister containing the missile from torpedo tube. Once cannister breaks the water surface.. Rocket motor fires and takes the missile away..like harpoon does.

Second is to fire the missile with wings and inlet folded with an additional booster..Booster makes the missile break the surface.. Which is when rocket moto fire and wings unfold and air inlet drops down...like Tomahawk does.

Now a standard 21 inch torpedo tube is 533 mm in diameter and 20 feet in length.

Now problem with Babur is..it is 520 mm in diameter and 22 feet( it is longer than Tomahawk w) in length with additional booster.
So if an additional cannister is added to the missile.. It will not fit the 533 mm torpedo tube.

And if an additional booster is added.. Then it wont fit the torpedo tube length wise.

You seem to be confused, why do you think we are going to fire the babur lcm with its dimensions from a sub

The babur intended to be fired from our subs will be slcm with the appropriate dimensions

He has mentioned TV guidance in a recent interview, also posted on this forum. TV guidance is classed as Passive guidance

Bapu Janay do ab. You are making mountain out of mole hill. TV cameras are for DSMAC + TERCOM.

And you should clear your concepts about active and passive seekers by looking at what Tomahawk team is doing with it and dont ever mention tv cameras as passive seekers/guidance infront of engineers, they will laugh at you.

Bapu Janay do ab. You are making mountain out of mole hill. TV cameras are for DSMAC + TERCOM.

And you should clear your concepts about active and passive seekers by looking at what Tomahawk team is doing with it and dont ever mention tv cameras as passive seekers/guidance infront of engineers, they will laugh at you.
Hi, first thing is I don't like or want unnecessary name calling. That's just rude.
Second thing is TERCOM is radar Altimeter not a camera.
Third thing, DSMAC can be a camera but not necessarily.
Fourth thing, in interview he mentioned the camera as being used right at the end, before hitting target, which even if is a DSMAC camera Is being used as a seeker.
Lastly you too should clear your concepts, DSMAC is also classed as a seeker.
Bye and don't quote me again, you are quite obnoxious.

Chances of India attacking Pakistan is really low but chance of Pakistan engaging in something similar to kargil is still high. Plus Pakistan sponsored terrorism.

You can point out at Indian sponsored terrorism but that is more of a tit for tat response not because we are interested in any part of Pakistan.
India calls Kashmir as its "Atoot Ang" and Pakistan as "Sheh Rug". Following Hindutva's dream of Akhand Bhaharat, U can not really say that India does not want complete Kashmir. Regarding terrorism, i wud not engage in argument as the history is spread over decades. Pakistan started with Kashmir in late 80s but India was involved in Balochistan since long ago and Mukhti Bahni was a terrorist organisation born and bred by India and said had been openly admitted by Mr Modi. So like i said that we can talk on that issue but there wud be no outcome actually. So i wud just humbly bow down from this part.

Just as leading officials claimed pre May 1998 that it is "proven" that Pakistan does not have and never will have the ability to make nuclear weapons even with Chinese assistance. It is impossible to do so. Just as this indian dribble and nonsense was proven to be absolute rubbish then so will it now.
I'd like to differ on one point. During operation Basstracks in 80s, a verbal notification on strategic weapons from the Pak side worked even though the full force of the USSR was well camped in Afganistan. IMHO, the Indian strategists, being very careful and calculative by Fitret, gave benefit to the doubt..

Hi, first thing is I don't like or want unnecessary name calling. That's just rude.
Second thing is TERCOM is radar Altimeter not a camera.
Third thing, DSMAC can be a camera but not necessarily.
Fourth thing, in interview he mentioned the camera as being used right at the end, before hitting target, which even if is a DSMAC camera Is being used as a seeker.
Lastly you too should clear your concepts, DSMAC is also classed as a seeker.
Bye and don't quote me again, you are quite obnoxious.

There is no need to be stubborn . Since you didnt bother to correct yourself or atleast made an effort to properly research before embarking on a tirade and rehtoric . Let me correct for your own benefit so you dont become a laughing stock infront of professionals

What Babur is using this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrast_seeker

as compare to what actually is the passive seeker

TUCSON, Ariz., April 28, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Raytheon Company (NYSE: RTN) successfully completed a passive seeker test designed for a Tomahawk Block IV cruise missile using company-funded independent research and development investment. The captive flight test, using a modified Tomahawk Block IV missile nose cone, demonstrated thatRaytheon's advanced, next-generation; multi-function processor can enable the cruise missile to navigate to and track moving targets emitting radio frequency signals.

For the test, the nosecone of a Tomahawk Block IV missile was equipped with passive antennas integrated with Raytheon's new modular, multi-mode processor, and fitted to a T-39 aircraft. Flying at subsonic speed and at varying altitudes, the aircraft simulated a Tomahawk flight regime. The passive seeker and multi-function processor successfully received numerous electronic signals from tactical targets in a complex, high density electromagnetic environment.

"Completion of this test is a significant milestone in Raytheon's effort to quickly and affordably modernize this already advanced weapon for naval warfighters," said Mike Jarrett, Raytheon Air Warfare Systems vice president. "We have assessed our company-funded multi-mission processor at Technical Readiness Level 6, enabling it to move to the engineering, manufacturing and development phase. Besides Tomahawk, the processor could be used in other sophisticated weapon systems."

A Raytheon-funded active seeker test with the company's new processor inside a Tomahawk nosecone is planned for early next year. That event will demonstrate the processor's ability to broadcast active radar as well as passively receive target electromagnetic information – a critical step in enabling the missile to strike moving targets on land and at sea

Hopefully if you bother to reply to this post, Be sensible next time instead of giving childish logics to justify XYZ is a passive seeker.

Last edited:
I'd like to differ on one point. During operation Basstracks in 80s, a verbal notification on strategic weapons from the Pak side worked even though the full force of the USSR was well camped in Afganistan. IMHO, the Indian strategists, being very careful and calculative by Fitret, gave benefit to the doubt..

Bro, Your absolutely right. The VAST majority of indians believed the above. But the FEW of the elite of the indian military high command knew our TRUE capabilities. They still do. Which is why the indian military were not able to attack Pakistan after mumbai 26/11/2008.

Of Course .
Fact there is no 'balance' such thing in South Asia .Game was already over in don't you have to worry about the money drain of Pakistan .
Be it economy,military ,technology or diplomacy India is several times powerful than anyothers in South Asia .In fact except China noone in Asia can compete simultaneously in all these field.

Pakistan can develop second strike capability .But it will only succeeds in satisfying your ego , false sense of security and draining hard earned money .
Of Course .
Fact there is no 'balance' such thing in South Asia .Game was already over in 1971.
Be it economy,military ,technology or diplomacy India is several times powerful than anyothers in South Asia .In fact except China noone in Asia can compete simultaneously in all these field.

Pakistan can develop second strike capability .But it will only succeeds in satisfying your ego , false sense of security and draining hard earned money .
No man, game is not over ther is long run to finish the game ,infact party start after 1971 so be ready for the response .and one thing more dont

Back
Top Bottom