What's new

India’s bid for ‘second strike capability’ to put pressure on Pakistan, says SPD official

We have a separate command structure for such assets. A new head quater was inagurated back in 2012 and a new command center in 2013.
https://defence.pk/threads/naval-chief-inaugurates-naval-strategic-force-headquarters.180815/

The setting up of this separate strategic arms do indicates that Navy have nuclear ambitions. However please note that currently we are NOT operating a SLCM as being said by some members in posts above. Like this post by @Indus Falcon

He is referring to an SLCM test conducted in the Arabian Sea, not operational deployment. Two different things, after which US supplied Harpoons were inspected, and found to be in order.

He is referring to an SLCM test conducted in the Arabian Sea, not operational deployment. Two different things, after which US supplied Harpoons were inspected, and found to be in order.
Exactly, TWO different things.

Is there any imagery of those tests, that you know of? If yes, is it or could it be made available to the public domain?

Like so, I mean:
000-TLAM-600-015.jpg

http://www.***************/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/cruise-missile-firing-submarine.jpg
Missile_609_1.jpg

rms_tomahawek_hero_image_wide.jpg

norway%27s%20joint%20sub%20plan%203.jpg

oVKZ4ku.gif

Last edited:
Exactly, TWO different things.
Yup, two different things and the only thing common between them is . . . . . . . . . . . speculation!!
:)
Anyway, thanks for your insight.

Sure I'll take the word on an online forum's TT, over that of a guy who wears a uniform.

Thanks!
Well bro, i will not ask you take my word for it or the word of "a guys who wears a uniform". Who am i to make you believe something? You are perfectly entitled to your "informed views" sir. Just like i am to mine (i suppose????) on an online forum! :)

Oh, and BTW, the TTs on that online forum also do not see things in dreams. They also share only what they have been told.

Sure I'll take the word on an online forum's TT, over that of a guy who wears a uniform.

Thanks!
Wearing a uniform doesn't automatically make you more or better informed, correct or right. Just like a TT status doesn't. You've made your point. Don't endlessly repeat it.

Well bro, i will not ask you take my word for it or the word of "a guys who wears a uniform". Who am i to make you believe something? You are perfectly entitled to your "informed views" sir. Just like i am to mine (i suppose????) on an online forum! :)

Oh, and BTW, the TTs on that online forum also do not see things in dreams. They also share only what they have been told.
The difference between a TT's info and that of someone serving is that a TT's info is 3rd or 4th hand. 2nd hand at best. Whereas a guy in uniform, is either 0 or 1. Very simple.

Not saying a TT would eschew info on purpose, but the longer the chain of custody, the more the chances of exaggeration, or mis-information.

Btw, look up the gentleman in questions previous user name, that should give you a clue.

Wearing a uniform doesn't automatically make you more or better informed, correct or right. Just like a TT status doesn't. You've made your point. Don't endlessly repeat it.

That is the dumbest logic I have heard on this forum, but can be expected from you. Not surprised at all.

Lastly, why you are addressing me? You weren't the person addressed. Since you haven't gotten the message till now, here it is once again: "Use the IGNORE button, and do not quote me in future."

Last edited:

Sir you do realize that almost every Military have some Secret things going on which never make headline or even in some case top officials don't know about ..

The difference between a TT's info and that of someone serving is that a TT's info is 3rd or 4th hand. 2nd hand at best. Whereas a guy in uniform, is either 0 or 1. Very simple.

Not saying a TT would eschew info on purpose, but the longer the chain of custody, the more the chances of exaggeration, or mis-information.

Btw, look up the gentleman in questions previous user name, that should give you a clue.
I understand what you are trying to say here sir and in general, also agree with it. However i will just want to consider for a moment that may be the person, (lets say i am not talking about myself), is actually well informed and is not known for posting half backed theories and stories. It is ALWAYS good to listen to both sides before making decision and frankly, if i am to speak for myself, i wont be passing judgements even then. :)

As for SLCM, it is just that i happen to be quite closely linked to the organization involved with such projects and thus my comments. However, you think that we did tested a SLCM, i respect that. My thinking otherwise by no mean means that i am being disrespectful towards you or @Indus Falcon . It is just that i think i know about it and that is, however, i am always open to learning anything new, no shame in that, isnt that why we all come here after all? :)

Also about @Indus Falcon well i do not know his old profile name however i do not need to do that either. (but i will admit i am a bit curious about what exactly his old profile name was :P ) I respect him for what he have contributed from this profile as well and have no hard feelings, in fact, i am quite confident that the feeling is mutual. Confident about that with regards to you as well. It was just a disagreement based on what we both thought we know, no issues here sir.

Thank you again for your insight and valuable contribution. Regards!

Sir you do realize that almost every Military have some Secret things going on which never make headline or even in some case top officials don't know about ..
Agreed. There is ALWAYS a possibility of such a scenario. But dont you think that such closely guarded secrets are meant to be that....... secrets. :P At least not stuff to be discussed on web forums. :)

Agreed. There is ALWAYS a possibility of such a scenario. But dont you think that such closely guarded secrets are meant to be that....... secrets. :P At least not stuff to be discussed on web forums. :)

But some Information are deliberately leaked to manipulate the Enemy .... rest i agree with you :)

I understand what you are trying to say here sir and in general, also agree with it. However i will just want to consider for a moment that may be the person, (lets say i am not talking about myself), is actually well informed and is not known for posting half backed theories and stories. It is ALWAYS good to listen to both sides before making decision and frankly, if i am to speak for myself, i wont be passing judgements even then. :)

As for SLCM, it is just that i happen to be quite closely linked to the organization involved with such projects and thus my comments. However, you think that we did tested a SLCM, i respect that. My thinking otherwise by no mean means that i am being disrespectful towards you or @Indus Falcon . It is just that i think i know about it and that is, however, i am always open to learning anything new, no shame in that, isnt that why we all come here after all? :)

Also about @Indus Falcon well i do not know his old profile name however i do not need to do that either. (but i will admit i am a bit curious about what exactly his old profile name was :P ) I respect him for what he have contributed from this profile as well and have no hard feelings, in fact, i am quite confident that the feeling is mutual. Confident about that with regards to you as well. It was just a disagreement based on what we both thought we know, no issues here sir.

Thank you again for your insight and valuable contribution. Regards!

Does PN inform you, before and after, every test?

Does PN inform you, before and after, every test?
hahahahah
You are taking it all the wrong way!!
Where did i claimed that PN informs me about every test? In fact, to be honest, i get most of the info about the test from the news and from this forum. However i do have a little bit of knowledge and information i can and do get from the organization that is actually making these missiles.

ANYWAY, as i said, you are taking it the wrong way. As i said, it is what i think, my point of view. I think i am entitled to mine just like anyone else is. :)

About @Indus Falcon i am not sure what his previous profile name was but whatever it was, i do have respect for this guy in his current profile name as well. Just i like i have for you. It may be possible that i have missed something but to me it is unlikely. That is all i stated and thus the comments about no SLCM test being conducted.
:)

Back
Top Bottom