What's new

'Indian TV channels too hostile to Pakistan'

ajtr

BANNED
Reaction score
'Indian TV channels too hostile to Pakistan'

Pakistan's defence establishment has demanded that the government should immediately close all illegal Indian TV channels to check "India's hostile agenda against Pakistan", according to a media report on Wednesday.

The defence establishment had repeatedly conveyed its "extreme concern" to the Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority and the Information Ministry over the "onslaught of Indian propaganda", specifically programming that targets the young generation, Pakistani culture and nationalism.

The defence set-up is also concerned about India's alleged "hostile agenda against Pakistan and its institutions through the illegal television channels", The News daily quoted its sources in the Information Ministry as saying.

The defence establishment approached PEMRA and the Information Ministry, at least thrice since 2008, with the demand that the private channels showing banned Indian programming must be closed down "without getting into economics as such ventures go against the national interest".

"Hostile agenda of Indian media is presently being facilitated by weak monitoring and implementation system in Pakistan," the report quoted an official letter as saying.

The letter further said such channels had made "deep ingress in all cities of Pakistan". The civilian authorities received one of the letters in July 2009 and another was delivered in December 2011.

The authorities received a third letter of "extreme concern over this situation" early this year, the report said.

The defence and security establishment informed concerned authorities on several occasions that cable operators were airing Indian channels despite an existing code of conduct for the media that forbids them from showing anything which is "against basic cultural values, morality and good manners" and "contains material which is against the ideology of Pakistan".

The Indian entertainment channels, the letters claimed, are following a "subtle propaganda campaign", specifically targeting the young generation, culture and nationalism.

A weak monitoring and implementation system in Pakistan are facilitating the alleged "hostile agenda of Indian media".

The security establishment asked the government to ensure that PEMRA takes action and closes such channels but within weeks, the Indian channels are again aired through on cable networks.

Why even bother to have them banned, majority doesn't watch them anyways. A few years back there was a huge trend of watching indian dramas but then people got bored of all that sas bahu stuff.......:P

No offence: please do that as soon as possible even take action if any Indian song played in their marriages. Every thing is against ideology of Pakistan.
indian channels are not only hostile to pakistan they are hostile even to china,bangladesh nepal and srilanka.

Why even bother to have them banned, majority doesn't watch them anyways. A few years back there was a huge trend of watching indian dramas but then people got bored of all that sas bahu stuff.......:P
Zee ,sahara and star still popular there.

indian channels are not only hostile to pakistan they are hostile even to china,bangladesh nepal and srilanka.

Pakistan and China, yes.

But not remotely against Nepal or Bangladesh. Though we have/had some concerns with Nepali maoists and whrn Prachand was their PM, but relation never went bitter at any stage. And Bangladesh, illegal immigration and changing the demography of North east and North Bengal.

Mere ghar me bhi TV hai, and the place where i live, nepal is 20 km and Bangladesh is 45 km away from my home.

Zee ,sahara and star still popular there.

Ajtr, Firstly have you ever watched Pakistan news shows...I can understand what you are saying...But if you want to criticize some one, do it on comparative misery....If you are watching too much of INDIA TV then its something rong with you, that channel is a joke and no one takes it seriously.....Others, i feel are not that biased and having said that there always will be some inclination towards one's own country...thats present every where.....

Apparently in pakistan if u look, we see four five guys seating and talking how India is the causing problems in pak and all that rubbish.....And then there are guys like zaid hamid, Gul that are stiil very popular on prime time news....i think you havent listend to them....What do u think where they stand on Hostility...

Now, If you look at the scheme of things and every one knows that it was Pak state strategy to send so called "freedom fighters" in indian soil to create havoc...pls go to the thread below and see what the guy is saying of how there strategy misfired!!
http://www.defence.pk/forums/strategic-geopolitical-issues/200524-pakistans-foreign-relations.html (Guys taking are pakistani)

So if you have a neighbour who was responsible of setting up terrorist camp so that they can use them to there advantage is so sick...Same people took innocent lives in india..... Considering all this i think indian channels will be having some sort of grudge and i dont want to justify it...but i also feel Pak has crossed the line of decency many times before.....

I think u started the thread just to bash Indian media without looking at d whole picture...and you havent considered how Pak media operates....
Other day u were bashing Raksha bandhan because you think it is about men feudalism!!!...u need rehab....sorry to be harsh but cant help it by reading your posts....If you want to bash indian media look at both sides and then present your views....

How hostile is ' TOO' hostile.

.. and how much hostility is acceptable and how much is not ?

Are these channels illegal as post No 1 says ?

Grant some brains to the viewers in Pak - they would obviously be separate the chaff from the grain.

Lastly , dont watch it if you dont want too. No one is holding a pistol to the head and forcing viewers to watch Indian Channels.

pakistan is an enemy state so it's natural that our news media will show anti pakistani news.pakistani news channels also show anti india news.this is soo natural to me.
it seems some people from both sides of the border does not want india and pakistan to become friends

No No No this is outrageous ban anything but India TV. This channel is a 'tarka in handi' I love their spicy news, they always bring some new Pakistan receipe which make my day Beautiful and Healthy.

I recommend One India TV a day keeps the anger away.

how will they watch sas bahu stuff when indian TV channels are already moving away from it...there are 2/3 left in star plus but Zee Tv has completely moved away from sas bahu dramas...they are showing more serials based on women empowerment,social issues,love stories etc.

Agreed! Indian soaps suck! But let the people decide what they want to see. The extreme right Mullahs have even banned TVs per se! Like the Taliban yahoos. So would Pakistan ban TVs too?

And where does one draw the line? What is sauce for the goose may be cheese for the gander! I think this is so subjective that it is unworkable unless all Indian channels are totally banned from Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom