What's new

Indian TATA won the tender of 8,000 buses for Karachi city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing is wrong, 10 lacs per bus, that's the cheapest price you can get an airconditioned bus for, and it may be buil by TATA, do keep in mind that it's still a Daewoo.

Karachi is a bustling city of over 15 Million increasing nearly at the rate of 5% (10 Mil in 1999).
42% needs public transport, even 8000 buses are not enough.

Add another 5 million to that figure...yes Karachi's population has exceeded the 20 million mark according to the latest report.
Read my post about global urbanisation.

Nothing is wrong, 10 lacs per bus, that's the cheapest price you can get an airconditioned bus for, and it may be buil by TATA, do keep in mind that it's still a Daewoo.

Karachi is a bustling city of over 15 Million increasing nearly at the rate of 5% (10 Mil in 1999).
42% needs public transport, even 8000 buses are not enough.

No it will have nothing of Daewoo and the point is not the need or the price. Why to strengthen the economy of India.
Indians living out of India always buy from Indian shops, always eat from Indian restaurant they take inssurance from a company which hire Indian, they will only go to Indian barber they even buy air tickets from Indian travell agent and I see it every day all aroud me.
Any way, I believe its better to pay 11 lack rather than buying Indian bus.
Do you know Iran make very good CNG buses.
http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cngmainlb9.jpg
http://www.ikco.com/products/cng.aspx

A prepostorous & pureille assumption that Tata's technology is crude & will result in higher higher CO emission level. It is just that 'I believe what I want to believe. So, if I believe that Avalon exists it does for me'.

Take a dip in reality & see what Tata can do to control carbon emission on your beautiful Pakistani Highways.
Tata Motors' City Cat, First Commercial Car to be Powered by Compressed Air

Nope, we're not going to Hollywood to check out the latest actress, ahem, "enhancement." Instead, let's take a short trip across the Pacific over to India where Tata Motors has announced that the City Cat, the first commercial car to be powered by compressed air, is nearly ready for production.

While other vehicles may need gasoline, diesel, or bioethanol, the Tata Motors City Cat gets its grunt from the compressed air it receives from "air stations." Alternatively, you can leave the City Cat plugged in overnight for refueling via a built-in compressor. The kei car-style vehicle won't win any races with a top speed of 68mph, but its 125 mile range is more than adequate for most city dwellers.

A hybrid version that compresses air as the car runs is also reportedly in the works. No word on pricing.

http://imageshack.us

http://imageshack.us

Compressed Air?
Just wondering what the exhaust will sound like.

Doesn't Tata simply copy a lot of foreign designs?

I can see the Merc Smart Car up there in those pictures. But unlike this car the Smart Car is FAST... It's barely TWO seats...

Doesn't Tata simply copy a lot of foreign designs?

Which model are you referring to. They still doesnt even have one single model that can be called int'l design...they still have those decades old styling.

The Prime Minister of Pakistan, Mr Shaukat Aziz inaugurated the new Truck & Bus assembly plant of Afzal Motors in Karachi on Jan 8th, 2007 in the presence of senior government officials , President of Daewoo Bus Company and President of Tata Daewoo , Mr Kwang ok Chae , along with other senior management members of the company . The Prime Minister expressed happiness on the tie up with a global player like Tata Daewoo and the prospects of technology transfer to boost the efficiency of the tansportation sector in Pakistan.

Speaking on the occasion, President Kwang ok Chae congratulated Afzal Motors for their efforts.

Tata Daewoo , Korea, a 100% subsidiary company of Tata Motors, signed a Technical Assistance Agreement ( TAA ) with Afzal Motors, Pakistan to assemble and sell heavy duty trucks in Pakistan , in December, 2005.
The plant will be assembling heavy duty Tata Daewoo trucks and buses from Daewoo Bus Company of Korea and has a capacity to produce 3000 vehicles a year.

Afzal Motors has imported 144 KD sets of truck for assembly and sale in Pakistan , till December 2006. It plans to import 240 KD truck sets for the year 2006- 07 . The number is expected to go up to 400 units in 07-08 , thus meeting the target of 30% market share in the domestic market of Pakistan.

19178c48d61e4724475f08490f3d429e.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom