What's new

Indian TATA won the tender of 8,000 buses for Karachi city

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree & Pakistan needs settings up plant,s & industries as much as possible it will help Pakistan become more self reliant this is one place where i really dont understand why is P.M shaukat aziz not industrializing the country be it TATA or any other company they can set up plants its we can get more industries plus the gain of know how not only in this but many others fields as well will be beneficial to Pakistan only.

They already have that.

The purchase makes no sense, a goodwill gesture or as you say it, TATA has bought off the Daewoo wing that built busses. Daewoo was an established company within Pakistan. They run a pretty good network within Lahore already and a lot of inter-city routes.

Daweoo sold the shares not the ownership of that segment. (above few buses are for Indian airports, not for dehli roads).

Pak plant assembles Tata Daewoo trucks Mumbai Jan 19 Tata Motors has entered Pakistan through its 100 per cent South Korean subsidiary, Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicles Ltd (TDCV).

A plant for assembling heavy-duty trucks was commissioned in Karachi by Afzal Motors of Pakistan, in technical collaboration with TDCV.

The Prime Minister of Pakistan, Mr Shaukat Aziz, inaugurated the plant on Friday in the presence of senior management of TDCV and Afzal Motors, according to a Tata Motors release.

The plant, which has a production capacity of 3,000 vehicles a year, will assemble TDCV trucks and buses from Daewoo Bus Company.

The truck range comprises 4x2 and 6x4 tractor-trailers powered by 300 hp diesel engines that would be an industry first in that country.

The sourcing of CKD sets of TDCV trucks has already begun.

In 2005-06, TDCV posted a turnover of Rs 1,584 crore, notching a growth of 34.5 per cent, while net profit was at Rs 58 crore, recording 160 per cent year-on-year increase.

In 2007-08, TDCV, the second largest truck manufacturer in South Korea, expects to garner 30 per cent market share of the current 1,600-2,000 units sold annually in the heavy commercial vehicles market in Pakistan, the release added.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr Aziz said that the tie-up between an international manufacturer like TDCV and Afzal Motors would boost the efficiency of the transportation sector of the country.
http://www.blonnet.com/2007/01/20/stories/2007012006070100.htm

My school busses were Tata. They were horrible :D Not as good as the Daewoo busses or the Tata ones posted in this thread.

I hope Tata Daewoo supplies the same busses Daewoo supplied. I used the a coupla times. It's like going on a plane. It's got a hostess too!

(above few buses are for Indian airports, not for dehli roads).

149e2b9210edeb72886f7b725632c30f.jpg

Here is the same bus. You can clearly see the Delhi Public Transport Corporation's logo.

92691c35215f4b3a010152291da706ef.gif

If still in doubt, here is the DTC website
http://dtc.nic.in/

Buses for Indian airports carry Airport Authority of India(AAI) logo and not public transport logos. These are the new buses introduced by DTC to replace their old fleet of buses. By 2009, all DTC buses would be replaced by these buses.

My school busses were Tata. They were horrible :D Not as good as the Daewoo busses or the Tata ones posted in this thread.

I hope Tata Daewoo supplies the same busses Daewoo supplied. I used the a coupla times. It's like going on a plane. It's got a hostess too!

App konsay school main parhtahy thay ?:D

Daweoo sold the shares not the ownership of that segment. (above few buses are for Indian airports, not for dehli roads).

I live in Delhi. They are run on Delhi roads as well. The low floor, high capacity buses.

yaar seriously, the Daewoo buses in Pakistan are way better than TATA. heck even the Pindi - Karachi air conditiones local buses are better. but the new buses provided by TATA to delhi transport corporation were good, altho i have been on better buses than them in Karachi.

On a separate note, most of the transport buses on the streets of delhia are not DTC buses but private ones, which are in an awful condition. i seriously think indian govt shud think of replacing those buses with something better.

I am still wondering if there is anything good in India, there seems to a " better everything" in pakistan

lol...after reading your post i seriously started thinking abt anything better in india, but sorry nothing comes to my mind at the moment.....maybe veggie food....

I am sure you are right, Not even veggie food....lol
Sad

i never ate veggie food in Pakistan, never HAD to eat it, so cant compare....but chholey baturey in india were quite nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom