What's new

Indian students in Bangladesh continue protests as authority denies registration

bangladesh's education system from lower to higher is riddled with politics... why do indians even come to bd to study? there are place with equal or a bit more spending budget which are much better option...

Weird, cuz in Pakistani engineering & medical colleges Central Asians, Somalians come & study, its cheap. Please can you give any link with figures of pakistanis in bengladeshi medical colleges, otherwise what you're saying has never been heard before ?

Not Weird Cause Every college has quota system for South Asian Students.

I really find something fishy here..i wonder why they go to such a small town to study medical? They could have gone to Dhaka if they are interested...Is this university is a sham university ?
Have you any idea about Chittagong? It is the second largest city in Bangladesh with a population over 6.5 million.If it is a small town then your Bangaluru,Hyderabad also small town.Do you agree?

Last edited:
Have you any idea about Chittagong? It is the second largest city in Bangladesh with a population over 6.5 million.If it is a small town then your Bangaluru,Hyderabad also small town.Do you agree?

Of course they are small town. In India, big town are supposed to be Delhi and Mumbai kind of thing...Rest of the cities are mid tier cities...What is wrong with it???

Of course they are small town. In India, big town are supposed to be Delhi and Mumbai kind of thing...Rest of the cities are mid tier cities...What is wrong with it???
If these are small town then what about District,sub-district level urban center? microscopic/Bacterial town?:lol:

Cities over 10 million are called megacity.Delhi,Mumbai,Kolkata,Dhaka,Karachi are mega cities.Cities of 5-10 million can be termed as a big city.Bangalore,Hyderabad,Chittagong,Lahore are this type.Cities of 1-5 million are the medium one like Chandigarh,Lucknow,Jaipur,Khulna,Islamabad etc.Town less then 1 million people,you can call them small.But small in only Sub-continental/Asian standard.Many European/American will consider a city of 5-10 lakh is a medium or big city.

Did not know so many Indians go to bd for medical education? Are they allowed by Indian medical association to practice in India?

I really find something fishy here..i wonder why they go to such a small town to study medical? They could have gone to Dhaka if they are interested...Is this university is a sham university ?

Chittagong is considered as the business capital of Bangladesh, definitely not a small town. And the said university has one of the highest numbers of foreign students among Bangladeshi universities.

chittagong is city... not a small town... :)

Did not know so many Indians go to bd for medical education? Are they allowed by Indian medical association to practice in India?

Yes...
But I myself like many Bangladeshis will not visit a doctor who graduates from private medical colleges.

i need Indian members here . why indians go for study in BD?
Because its way hard to get into medical field since its 90% merit based and is the choice among millennial students. 10% offering is at a very higher price and still requires some merit.

FYI: Just tution Fee for regular student with merit stands at INR 30 lacs for the course(2010 numbers).

Yes...
But I myself like many Bangladeshis will not visit a doctor who graduates from private medical colleges.
how would you know where the doctor graduated from? You just go to clinic and get treated right? Do you enquire about their education?

Because its way hard to get into medical field since its 90% merit based and is the choice among millennial students. 10% offering is at a very higher price and still requires some merit.

FYI: Just tution Fee for regular student with merit stands at INR 30 lacs for the course(2010 numbers).

In Bangladesh medical education is free most part. But a part of the student gets admitted in the private medical colleges that also based on merit list and subject to high tuition.

how would you know where the doctor graduated from? You just go to clinic and get treated right? Do you enquire about their education?

Yes.. everybody does.;)

Usually, it's written beside their names, in the name plates or visiting cards.

Usually, it's written beside their names, in the name plates or visiting cards.
hmm... I never check... :)
just googled, the graduates from outside India need to pass FMGE to practice in India....and 70% - 80% of the graduates fail that exam... whether these doctors practice illegally in India is different matter. Majority of Indians go to russia or other ex-soviet countries, and china.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom