What's new

Indian Railways vs. Chinese Railways...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indian engines like WDM-2 are grate. But their DMUs (which sent to Sri Lanka) is not good. Chinese ones are much better.
You guys have not surely come across WDP4/4B/4D or WDG4/4D/5 locos.

WAG-9 uses a very old Hitachi reference design, with a locally produced Hitachi HS15250 traction motor, both of which were obsolete decades ago. India bought the designs because licensing fees were cheap.
And dude you haven't seen them hauling long good carriages (BHNS,BCNA OR BOXN) like they are hauling a 12 car train!!!

Not universal, but it's very much prevalent.

Just look at how India maintains its own railway equipment. Look at the state of its locomotives, coaches, tracks, and stations.

9545562505_70dd354c9d_o.jpg

9448736778_24a9340464_b.jpg

9026861045_03336d45f4_o.jpg

8563682345_82113ca472_b.jpg

8322273216_8489128654_b.jpg

Late-Nite-Crowded-Indian-Train-Station.jpg

8478529152_87aecd1739_b.jpg

9380310553_cd1af0debe_b.jpg

Just look at the trash everywhere on the tracks. Look at how the tracks are warped. Look at the dilapidated state of the coaches. Look at the dirty floors on the inside...

The Indian Railways is supposed to be the pride of India. Does it look like the Indians take pride in it?

Why don't you come and clean that thrash rather speaking BS all all-round?:)

I am not ready to pay high prices for train travel, and I am not in favour of hiking rail ticket price for another ten years. India operates train in very low price and hence lack of infrastructural development. But FYI, that is not related to operation of the locomotive but infrastructure of the stations.
We have managed metro very well, better than any other standard in the world and much better service and frequency of trains than Europe. So when we want we can do that with IR too. You don't take any headache, enjoy your NBA. :P

I beg to differ. Look at the trash on the tracks. Can they not at least keep the tracks clean? What about that dirty train floor? Do they not have 15 minutes everyday to clean it?

What about the grime and dirt on the coaches and locomotives? Do they not hose it down and repaint it when they go for maintenance?

Lazy people like to find all kinds of excuses to avoid work.

why don't you come and clean ..

We are lacking in Railway sector. We are far behind Chinese. They have world-class Railways. But, why a friggin porki and a sri lankan is poking his nose here?

Not universal, but it's very much prevalent.

Just look at how India maintains its own railway equipment. Look at the state of its locomotives, coaches, tracks, and stations.

9545562505_70dd354c9d_o.jpg

9448736778_24a9340464_b.jpg

9026861045_03336d45f4_o.jpg

8563682345_82113ca472_b.jpg

8322273216_8489128654_b.jpg

Late-Nite-Crowded-Indian-Train-Station.jpg

8478529152_87aecd1739_b.jpg

9380310553_cd1af0debe_b.jpg

Just look at the trash everywhere on the tracks. Look at how the tracks are warped. Look at the dilapidated state of the coaches. Look at the dirty floors on the inside...

The Indian Railways is supposed to be the pride of India. Does it look like the Indians take pride in it?
Why do you mind it? Does Pakistan Railways even have the locos that can touch 110+? Shut up and take care of your country. We'll take care of ours.

Sri Lanka can afford the high speed trians,if Chinese Government want to.And the truth is Chinese engines is much beter than indias,because we can design that by ourselves.
Ask Pakistani locomotive pilots. They'll tell you who is better.

I think you never lived in delhi, north east and kochin. I have lived and I am telling this with my experience. When in delhi it's close to zero, in south its 23. When in Delhi it is 45, in north east it is 33, forget the Himalayas states in winters.

India is a peninsula and i was talking about that, as it receives rains and other climatic conditions as of a peninsula region. Your intellect calls it peninsular effect or effects due to peninsula, or climatic conditions due to peninsula. Is up to you, and thanks for correcting me :)

I don't think you read. Here is what you said, and I quote:
In the month of May- July the average is 39 - 38 degree celcius and peak is 49-50 degrees Celsius (Mid and South India)

Now, where in mid-India can I find Delhi?

Are you seriously this stupid?

You guys have not surely come across WDP4/4B/4D or WDG4/4D/5 locos.

Sure we have. They are copies of GM-EMD locomotives made in America.

And dude you haven't seen them hauling long good carriages (BHNS,BCNA OR BOXN) like they are hauling a 12 car train!!!

So, what's your point. We all know that even obsolete Hitachi locomotives are reliable workhorses.

Why don't you come and clean that thrash rather speaking BS all all-round?:)

I am not ready to pay high prices for train travel, and I am not in favour of hiking rail ticket price for another ten years. India operates train in very low price and hence lack of infrastructural development. But FYI, that is not related to operation of the locomotive but infrastructure of the stations.
We have managed metro very well, better than any other standard in the world and much better service and frequency of trains than Europe. So when we want we can do that with IR too. You don't take any headache, enjoy your NBA. :P

why don't you come and clean ..

Are you saying cheap = dirty and filthy?

Since you are so cheap and don't want to spend money, let me ask you this: do you bath or shower?

I don't think you read. Here is what you said, and I quote:

Now, where in mid-India can I find Delhi?

Are you seriously this stupid?

Sure we have. They are copies of GM-EMD locomotives made in America.

So, what's your point. We all know that even obsolete Hitachi locomotives are reliable workhorses.

MP is mid India.. don't go too much into theoretical aspects, believe what you or one has experienced.

what ever you are saying about locomotives, is not relevant.

you are not buying cloths , that cheap = dirty and filthy. If you have problem, don't come to India :) simple.

I can also show you thousands of cigarette buds on european platforms and chewing gums, but any ways, who wants to entertain a brainwashed. :P

We are lacking in Railway sector. We are far behind Chinese. They have world-class Railways. But, why a friggin porki and a sri lankan is poking his nose here?

Why do you mind it? Does Pakistan Railways even have the locos that can touch 110+? Shut up and take care of your country. We'll take care of ours.

Who said I mind?

MP is mid India.. don't go too much into theoretical aspects, believe what you or one has experienced.

Are you saying Delhi is theoretically in south India?

I can also show you thousands of cigarette buds on european platforms and chewing gums, but any ways, who wants to entertain a brainwashed. :P

Why don't you show me "thousands of cigarette buds on european platforms and chewing gums"? Show me.

this what you are interpreting

Is that what you are interpreting?

So is Delhi in south India or middle India?

Why don't you show me "thousands of cigarette buds on european platforms and chewing gums"? Show me.

get yourself and a ticket, come and see. Experience yourself.. don't go too much on theoretical aspects.

get yourself and a ticket, come and see. Experience yourself.. don't go too much on theoretical aspects.

I visit Europe for work at least twice a year. I travel by train, and I have been to all the European country except Russia, the Baltic states, Romania, Slovenia, Albania, and Portugal.

I have never seen "thousands of cigarette buds on european platforms and chewing gums".

Why don't you take a picture and show me?

I visit Europe for work at least twice a year. I travel by train, and I have been to all the European country except Russia, the Baltic states, Romania, Slovenia, Albania, and Portugal.

I have never seen "thousands of cigarette buds on european platforms and chewing gums".

Why don't you take a picture and show me?
037-Cigarettes-butts-Basel-2010.jpg

And this is NYC

26A520E100000578-2994684-image-a-23_1426356890534.jpg

you think you are the only one who has seen the world... now F*** Off!

just amazing how China managed to build such a modern railway in such a short time.

Do you read? I said I travel to Europe at least twice a year and ride European trains regularly.

I don't see "thousands of cigarette buds" in this photo. There are about 100 or may be less. And I don't see any chewing gum.

Moreover, you said "thousands of cigarette buds on european platforms and chewing gums". This is not a platform. This is a track. Furthermore, this is not a railway track. It's tram track in Basel, Switzerland.

Here's the original photo: (Cigarette butts. Pollution | Didier Ruef | Photography)

Why don't you show me a photo of "thousands of cigarette buds on european platforms and chewing gums"?

Last edited:
Do you read? I said I

I don't see "thousands of cigarette buds" in this photo. There are about 100 or may be less. And I don't see any chewing gum.

Moreover, you said "thousands of cigarette buds on european platforms and chewing gums". This is not a platform. This is a track. Furthermore, this is not a railway track. It's tram track in Basel, Switzerland.
(Cigarette butts. Pollution | Didier Ruef | Photography

Show me a photo of "thousands of cigarette buds on european platforms and chewing gums".

:blah::blah::blah::blah: .. its dirty not clean. Even trillion dollar economies cannot clean their railway tracks. Shame!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom