What's new

Indian Propoganda or the real aim of Pakistan?

I dont expect you to post such replies sniperji, you should know better.
Think for yourself....who exactly put pressure on Chinese radars? Has to be the SL govt herself. If SL was NOT in Indias influence, the Chinese radars would have been bought.

Now, on to more reasons...The radar they wanted was Chinese 3-D radar. Do you know why 3-D radar is needed? So that it can direct the SAM's. It calculates the location of the plane in the third axis. Does SL have any SAM's?? Why then does it need 3-D radars. This is the reason in the end, 2-D radars were chose.
They were not bought,but gifted. SL did no pay for it. India cannot sell advanced weaponry SL to due to internal political compulsion.
It is a simple issue that SLAF did not expect the LTTE to use it's propeller driven birds to bomb the base. With such a attitude even if it buys the most advanced radar network,it is no use. LTTE having an airforce was detected long time back,they did not bother. Why blame India then?

The 3D radar is capable of detecting, tracking, and classifying various types of targets with a particular emphasis on small, fast and low-flying aircraft, missiles and hovering helicopters. It can be deployed as a stand-alone radar or can be integrated into air defence networks in coordination with other radars and command control systems.

Even if SLAF detected the aircraft using some 3d radar, what next? They don't having night fighting capabilities and LTTE bombed then around 7 in the evening. What is the point of having 3d radar. There is no report of a single aircraft chasing the LTTE after the attack,becoz no night fighting ability.

But then everyone would like to believe it is India's fault.SLAF underestimated LTTE on it's own peril.

My bad if the post was harsh, but I had to say something. If India was serious about helping SL wouldn't they allow SL to buy 3-D radars, and you don't necessarily have to have SAMs if you want to operate it.

The 3D radar is capable of detecting, tracking, and classifying various types of targets with a particular emphasis on small, fast and low-flying aircraft, missiles and hovering helicopters. It can be deployed as a stand-alone radar or can be integrated into air defence networks in coordination with other radars and command control systems.

The very same can be said about 2-D radars. The ADVANTAGE of 3-d radars only comes to play when you operate SAM's. Rest all can be done by 2-D radar.

Incidentally the radar Indra-2, was not junk passed of to SL. It is actively operated in our country as well. And its performance is very satisfactory.

I have only read about the denying from India reports not SL reports. About mole that is just speculation, their is no confirmed reports about it.

And about the worthless part, well same can be said about ur Indian friends on other threads.

Well...think bout it, the radar is unplugged for something or the other the very day before the bombing, and there are knwn sympathisers of LTTE in the SL army.

Apart from that, like con has said, that the SL army just did not expect any air strike by LTTE, so they were not prepared.

You can imagine, the bombing was done by a propeller plane, even after the plane was detected by the SL international airport, couldnt the SLAF have shot down the propeller plane seeing as they operate MiG 23/27(confused) and IAI Kfirs which are all jet planes??
SL army was just overconfident of the LTTE.

I can be a nice guy at times if I'm not provoked into saying things, but their is a time when you talk with logic instead of repeating the same thing over again of controlling others, etc.
Well...im here giving you logic now.

SLAF is probably the only air-force in the world having jets, whose main base is bombed by propeller driven aircraft traveling from almost 400-km and getting away without a scratch!

No wonder they are making sissy excuses of faulty Indian radar!

By the I would to remind you that the reference you make if from a time even before Indian Independence, that includes present day Pakistan. If Indians were snake charmers Pakistani were too. A little reminder of history for u.

Hence I would suggest that you cut the nonsense while posting.It might sounds stylish for a idiotic european to say this,but not for someone of Pakistani origin.

This isn't something out of India or Pakistan of the matter snake charming is used as a political statement Understand that, now its like another statement "political monkey dance" or "Playing Russian Roulette" or the "domino effect" this isn't racially or discriminative its just a term used in political way of stating something. Don't stir up hate fool!!! I have studied history as my subject.

"It might sounds stylish for a idiotic european to say this"

What are your intentions a “ idiotic European” you have passed the line of respect here, what do you mean by that you racist fool, I didn't use any racist rants towards you what is your point.

Instead of yapping can you provide source to back your claim up (about this not buying from India)? SL wanted to get Chinese 3-D radars, but cause of pressure they had to get worthless Indian hardware that went down during times of hostilities, cause it was threat to Indian security what a joke.

MBI munishi fan arnt you?..those words are exactly from the article he pasted.

they were i think very civilian like aircraft. at least they looked liked civilian aircraft to me. is it possible they just have missed those aircraft or thought that it was a civilian air craft just a guess because that airport also served as a civilian airport.

Dude you need to know more about the issue. Sri Lanka has gone the distance to even buy some defected weaponry from Pakistan. My guess would be Pak is dumping all its aging stuff to the Sri Lankans.

Why are the Lankans buying? Pakistan has built a strong lobby in Sri Lanka and has many of the key decision makers in its Pocket. There are definitely kickbacks going on, but it's all in our favor so you won't see the hue n cry from Pakistan over that issue.

We will want to see Sri Lankan army win since our influence has obviously been spread over them. As you mentioned a Tamil would always be sympathetic towards the LTTE, and Tamils are Indians. The rest of your country cannot support Sri Lankan army because of the Tamils. So effectively they lose influence over them.

It's all too reminiscent of why the Taliban were supported. Once SL wins, we get a sway over them. The fight has gone on for long under Indian supervision. I imagine an airbase for a rainy day on Sri Lanka would prove to be quite useful.

I know, I know its all still a longshot. But we are not helping the Lankans "aiwai", of course.

Let's see if you see Pak getting close with Oman and Yemen in the future, expect Pak to be looking into the logistics issue.

Logically Pakistani strategists should already be considering surrounding India somehow. All these nations have some or the other issue with India and seem to be improving their ties with Pak. Bangladesh is all chummy now, Lanka too. Perhaps the relgion card can be played with Maldives as well.

Dude you need to know more about the issue. Sri Lanka has gone the distance to even buy some defected weaponry from Pakistan. My guess would be Pak is dumping all its aging stuff to the Sri Lankans.

Why are the Lankans buying? Pakistan has built a strong lobby in Sri Lanka and has many of the key decision makers in its Pocket. There are definitely kickbacks going on, but it's all in our favor so you won't see the hue n cry from Pakistan over that issue.

We will want to see Sri Lankan army win since our influence has obviously been spread over them. As you mentioned a Tamil would always be sympathetic towards the LTTE, and Tamils are Indians. The rest of your country cannot support Sri Lankan army because of the Tamils. So effectively they lose influence over them.

It's all too reminiscent of why the Taliban were supported. Once SL wins, we get a sway over them. The fight has gone on for long under Indian supervision. I imagine an airbase for a rainy day on Sri Lanka would prove to be quite useful.

I know, I know its all still a longshot. But we are not helping the Lankans "aiwai", of course.

Let's see if you see Pak getting close with Oman and Yemen in the future, expect Pak to be looking into the logistics issue.

Logically Pakistani strategists should already be considering surrounding India somehow. All these nations have some or the other issue with India and seem to be improving their ties with Pak. Bangladesh is all chummy now, Lanka too. Perhaps the relgion card can be played with Maldives as well.

Are these some kind of coldwar tactics? And not all of the stuff sold to Sri Lanka is broken we sold them Al-Khalid's I believe a hand full.

Can you explain who has the strong hold on Sri Lanka.

Al Khalids?

To my knowledge we just sold the bombs and some of them were Duds.

Here is the list.

AIR FORCE

• Two UAVs

• Cluster and fuel air bombs for Kfirs (50 each)

• 20 laser/precision guided bomb kits

• 30 deep penetration bombs

• 500 80mm rockets with fuel air explosive warhead

ARMY

• 10 Bakhtar Shiken anti-tank guided missile launcher

• 300 Tandem warhead missiles

• 1000 radio sets

NAVY

• 5000 mortar bombs

• 250 night vision goggles

No they were not DUDS! ;) Absolutely nothing above is a dud.

Back
Top Bottom