What's new

Indian Propoganda or the real aim of Pakistan?

No mate. India always holds the key to Srilanka. Which ever side we start supporting any day, that day the other side will lose. We hold the master card in Srilanka. Plus the POPULATION in Srilanka automatically gives us a LOT OF clout.

Sri-lanka aint going nowhere ;) We are GLAD that Pakisan is supporting the Srilankan govt. Yet you will see, that Srilanka does what we ask her to do.

No mate. India always holds the key to Srilanka. Which ever side we start supporting any day, that day the other side will lose. We hold the master card in Srilanka. Plus the POPULATION in Srilanka automatically gives us a LOT OF clout.

Sri-lanka aint going nowhere ;) We are GLAD that Pakisan is supporting the Srilankan govt. Yet you will see, that Srilanka does what we ask her to do.

Right, thats why awhile back Sri Lanka govt. said stay out of our business. Yeah, they did what you asked. :lol:

What? When did Srilanka say stay out of our business?!?!

Srilanks is BEGGING us to intervene in Sri Lanka. We are not supporting ANY PARTY. Both LTTE and SL Govt are asking us to intervene. But India has decided not to interfere because LTTE assasinated Rajiv Gandhi. And for that LTTE has PUBLICLY apologised to India, as well as asked her to come back to the table in SL.

What? When did Srilanka say stay out of our business?!?!

Srilanks is BEGGING us to intervene in Sri Lanka. We are not supporting ANY PARTY. Both LTTE and SL Govt are asking us to intervene. But India has decided not to interfere because LTTE assasinated Rajiv Gandhi. And for that LTTE has PUBLICLY apologised to India, as well as asked her to come back to the table in SL.

I will search for the new one for 2006, I have to look in the archives.

UNP tells India to stop 'interfering' Sri Lanka
[11 August 2000]

According to reports, Former Deputy Foreign Minister and United National Part (UNP) MP Tyronne Fernando has said India should stop trying to influence Sri Lankans to accept President Chandrika Kumaratunag's devolution package.

"India should mind its business and not interfere in the internal affairs of this country," he has commented after reports about Indian Commission telling Tamil parties that they should vote for the Constitution Bill.

According to a Tamil political leader the Indian High Commissioner had advised Tamil leaders who met him to support the Bill on the grounds that it was a good step towards resolution of the ethnic conflict.

The High Commissioner, however, has denied tendering any advice to anybody.

"Earlier, India had supported the terrorists and kept denying it had terrorist training camps in its territory. Then, it failed to disarm the terrorists under the Indo-Sri Lanka Accord. And now it's doing this," Mr Fernando charged.

http://www.priu.gov.lk/news_update/...000811UNP_tells_india_to_stop_interfering.htm

lol, and there is the srilnkan govt asking at the highest levels for India to start engaging herself in SL politics. One dissenting former politician does not the voice of SL make.

Like i said, its good pakistan is doing what we cannot do. but in the end, sl will will do just as we ask.

Sell sri lanka what it wants but do not get pakistan military involved in the fight between the tamil tigers and the sri lankan govt.

lol, and there is the srilnkan govt asking at the highest levels for India to start engaging herself in SL politics. One dissenting former politician does not the voice of SL make.

Like i said, its good pakistan is doing what we cannot do. but in the end, sl will will do just as we ask.

It sounds like your talking to your dog. :disagree:

Btw Sri Lanka isn't part of India just so that you know you aint probing this to an Indian these are Sri Lankans.

Well, let me just end this discussion by saying no matter what you think or others percieve. Thats just how it goes, SL would do as Indian Govt requests of them.

Are u the official spokesman for them because you know allot about Indian chatter boxes. This isn't snake charming.

Hey guys

As a Tamilian from India I think I should comment on this unique situation.

First of all there is no such thing called hate against LTTE in Tamilnadu.. It is just that we have stopped talking about the issue since banning them.. Believe me even sticking a poster of LTTE leader in wall's and compund can invite trouble form the police.. We tamilians are still sympathetic toward the cause but we have just stopped thinking about it and debating about it... Its like having a mental block...Heck I cant even remember a single rally of demonstration or even direct open support shown in tamil mass media ......

Indian government is playing it's cards right .... If we sell weapons to Srilankan army tamil politicians .. having a significant amount of power in the national assembly will pull out of the coilition.. Remember Tamilnadu is always ruled by regional parties and the presence of national parties are miniscule.. so Indian government is happy to see Pakistan selling its weapons as long as the job is done.....Srilanka is a small country and it cannot afford to go the pakistani way ...since it dosent even share geographical closeness with any other country..

Let me ask you one thing...Do you think Srilanka will at anytime at war will support you.. No way .. They are way tooo small to go out of line... As long as India is neutral its advantage for them as they can carry out their massacre(heck they even kill innocent Tamil fishermen from Tamilnadu near Indo-lanka seas).. But if they jeopardise Indian interests and India starts openly or heavily supporting Tamil cause then Srilankan army cant even stand a chance against Tigers(they are supposed to be the most efficient and professional gaurilla force in the world).. So as long as they keep us happy their safety is gaurenteed... since India will for most part turn it's blind eye when Pakistan sells it's weapons....So humoring or atleast maintaining coordial relations with India will stand only for their advantage.Tigers don't receive any funding from India their coffers are full with funding from Overseas Srilankan tamils

All this Pakistani weapons sale and influence will get over once a diplomatic or a violent solution is reached... Then do you think they will give access to their military base and naval water's for Pakistan against India's wishes

Well for Pakistani members who claim them as terrorists.. If kashmir struggle is a legitamate one then this also the same.....Heck even Pakistani navy and Indian navy have the courtesy to just arrest but SL navy shoots at our fishermen...

As for the recent losses suffered by the Tigers.. I met a Professor form Jaffna University who said that the losses were predominantly in the eastern regions which were once Karuna's stronghold..As far as North is concerned.. They are still in firm control..

Are u the official spokesman for them because you know allot about Indian chatter boxes. This isn't snake charming.

What if it were snake charming? Your posts dont make ANY sense at all.

SL is dependent on us. India cannot be replaced by any other nation in SL. Refer to indiapakfriendships post, you will get an idea of our stand.

lol...SL is buying Pakistani weapons not coz india wont sell its weapons to them, but coz they dont want to buy indian weapons....

ol...SL is buying Pakistani weapons not coz india wont sell its weapons to them, but coz they dont want to buy indian weapons....

You might argue for the sake of arguing .. but that is the truth.... and what's the super weapon that you have supplied to SL that's gonna suppress Tigers(except for low end ones)... The only thing that's now pressurising the Tiger's is the split caused by Karuna.. otherwise anyday.. even give them JSF SL wil not stand a chance

What if it were snake charming? Your posts dont make ANY sense at all.

SL is dependent on us. India cannot be replaced by any other nation in SL. Refer to indiapakfriendships post, you will get an idea of our stand.

My post makes perfect sense Indian Chatter boxes, India can talk the talk but can it walk the walk; no , how can a country like Sri Lanka be dependent on the country that is supporting/supported the LTTE. Now thats why I said this isnt snake charming, you cant just summon Sri Lanka out of the basket if you were to use your senses. You should realize that the polotics that India is playing in Sri Lanka is taking lives. If India isnt supporting the LTTE than why do you call Sri Lanka the Indian Snake why do you say it will follow the Indian government of course it is supporting it why would Sri Lanka buy weapons from Pakistan unless it had an un resloved issue of aggression, the LTTE is being funded by the Indian Government.

There is a difference between fetching the stick and holding the stick. indiapakistanfriendship You compare Pakistan as some coward state like India that occupies Kashmir and doesn’t allow any media converge for the horrific crimes done by the Indian Army and government. But Sri lanka isn’t a occupied territory of India, so the Kashmir issue should be completely different compared to the Sri lanken issue. The Pakistani government didn’t invite Sri lanka to come buy weapons they came asking for help and as Pakistan thought best add another ally to its ever expanding list. If India can snap its fingers and make Sri lanka kneel on its knees then why doesn’t it why doesn’t it make another Indian state.
But to give you a reality on Sri Lanka it’s an Indo-Pakistan cold war battle ground. At the moment Sri lanka is getting very close to Pakistan it has free trade and is the one of the biggest suppliers of defence related equipment. India on the other had is trying to take control on Sri lanken politics by misinformation and propaganda like the tsunami relief propaganda where Indian propaganda made it like that Pakistan hadn’t provided help to Sri lanka.

Back
Top Bottom