What's new

Indian police find ‘no crime’ after viral video of woman offering namaz at hospital leads to official probe

There is a difference between loudspeakers blaring the prayer call 5 times a day, including at very early hours, 24/7 365 days a year, + special fasting announcements during the prayer month (twice a year?)

and the only ever couple times a year processions, which can get annoying as hell too.. those Kanwarias are a mad lot and often violent too in case they get run over or in an accident, which also happens almost yearly.

Religious loud speaker stuff should have their designated areas where they do not disturb the peace of a neighbourhood,
Who said anything about Loudspeakers?

Coming back to the religious practices, it is not once in a year for Hindu festivals and definitely not as short as Namaz which completes in less than an hour.

I personally don't know about you but most of the comments from Indians on namaz are hypocritical because the same people are mum over their own religious and cultural practices that may last for days.

Who said anything about Loudspeakers?

Coming back to the religious practices, it is not once in a year for Hindu festivals and definitely not as short as Namaz which completes in less than an hour.

I personally don't know about you but most of the comments from Indians on namaz are hypocritical because the same people are mum over their own religious and cultural practices that may last for days.
Not in my experience, the thing is blasted on LOUDspeakers 24/7, 365 days a year, and extra LOUDspeaker stuff very early mornings during the fasting period, even in non-Muslim majority areas.

People put up with it (there might be the very rare incident but the speaker thing has been that way forever, and will continue, we're used to it.. nobody even raises that issue seriously). I did for most of my life, never saw anything untoward happen on it's account... but, it is kind of annoying, spl in the cold'ish winter months up north like in Delhi where people do not use their ACs or fans.

As I said before, the kanwarias marching all night long blaring LOUDspeakers is arguably worse, but then it is only a once a year thing for a few days as opposed to every single day of the year. Diwali is another one, I don't like all the cracker noise and air pollution, scares my pets and is terrible for stray dogs who I am very passionate about helping... birds and other animals probably don't appreciate it either.

Not in my experience, the thing is blasted on LOUDspeakers 24/7, 365 days a year, and extra LOUDspeaker stuff very early mornings during the fasting period, even in non-Muslim majority areas.

People put up with it (there might be the very rare incident but the speaker thing has been that way forever, and will continue, we're used to it.. nobody even raises that issue seriously). I did for most of my life, never saw anything untoward happen on it's account... but, it is kind of annoying, spl in the cold'ish winter months up north like in Delhi where people do not use their ACs or fans.

As I said before, the kanwarias marching all night long blaring LOUDspeakers is arguably worse, but then it is only a once a year thing for a few days as opposed to every single day of the year. Diwali is another one, I don't like all the cracker noise and air pollution, scares my pets and is terrible for stray dogs who I am very passionate about helping... birds and other animals probably don't appreciate it either.
You have comprehension problems or willingly obtuse to understand what i am saying? We were not talking about loudspeakers but use of public space for cultural and religious practices/rituals.

Since you keep bringing topic of loudspeakers, here is what i believe that Loudspeakers are a menace whoever the user might be and it should be banned for EVERYONE without bringing in the frequency of use.

You have comprehension problems or willingly obtuse to understand what i am saying? We were not talking about loudspeakers but use of public space for cultural and religious practices/rituals.

Since you keep bringing topic of loudspeakers, here is what i believe that Loudspeakers are a menace whoever the user might be and it should be banned for EVERYONE without bringing in the frequency of use.
I have no comprehension problems whatsoever

but we agree on noise pollution, good.

Back
Top Bottom