What's new

Indian muslim :Javed Akhtar's Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread proves why two nations were a must. Thanks to Quaid-e-Azam.

We dont want to live with you, you dont want to live with us. Therefore, :sniper:

Wrong, these comments are post-partition acrimony and dismemberment of your nation and the fighting 3 wars and multiple skirmishes and proxy wars and attacks... I agree with part that there is no unringing the bell, but you logic is flawed.

There are still 160 million muslims in India....

If you want to prove two nation theory "bring the Biharis in Bangladesh to Pakistan" accept the 160 million muslims of India to patriated in Pakistan and you can take Kashmir too..

I hope that would be a good demonstrator of a deal and faith in Two nation theory. Probably ... unification of Pakistan and Bangladesh would be in cards.. too.

Two nation theory failed the day Mukthi Bahini marched proud and 90,000 pakistani soldiers surrendered to India.

This thread proves why two nations were a must. Thanks to Quaid-e-Azam.

We dont want to live with you, you dont want to live with us. Therefore, :sniper:

No.. This is what the two nation theory has done to us.

There are Hindu extremists on your side and there are Muslim extremists on our side. Their union is impossible and futile, mind you there are Muslim extremists in your country also, but they are too weak to over power Hindu extremism that dominates Indian extremism.

This thread has proved that the two nation theory was right.

two nation theory is applicable for pakistani muslims not for indian muslims today . they are living with us happily but with pakistanis it was impossible so yeah i guess it worked for pakistani muslims and indian hindus , muslims , sikhs , christians , parsis , jains , buddhists etc ...

There are Hindu extremists on your side and there are Muslim extremists on our side. Their union is impossible and futile, mind you there are Muslim extremists in your country also, but they are too weak to over power Hindu extremism that dominates Indian extremism.

agreed.. there are extremists in both sides. but there is still a huge difference between the extremists of your country & our country. extremists from this side of the border are only harmful to people within the country, whereas extremists from your side of the border are not just harming your own people, but rest of the civilised world too. having said that, it doesn't mean that one crime is lesser than other. Still there is a need to control this extremism & stop the violence crossing over!!

I read in the news this old chap wasn't allowed to buy a house in India due to his religion. I am so happy that my grandparents came to Pakistan when they had the chance in 1947. My relatives who are still stuck in India tell me about how they have to live in a muslim majority neighbourhood because of the common hindu-muslim riots and fights. And then down in Hyderabad my maternal relatives tell us about the violence done against Christians and they also live in a Christian majority neighbourhood.

Oh come on,
What i learned from some of your other posts
Your cousin was miss India (1997) then Miss World (1997) - Doesn't look like oppressed minority.
You uncle was a Cabinet minister in UP now opposition leader - Again doesn't look like oppressed .

What I learned from different media- including Pakistani -

- Pakistani Christians and Hindus use Muslim name in public to feel safe and make their life easy.

Our new help is a Pakistani Christian – not a Pakistani Punjabi Christian, but a Pakistani Sindhi Christian. She speaks excellent Urdu, with a good amount of English thrown in, unlike local Christians, most of whom speak Punjabi.

Since many members of the minority communities have dual names in Pakistan, our help too gave a Muslim name when she was interviewing me. However, when she came in to work, she revealed her real Christian name.

- Pakistani minorities are constitutionally discriminated.

Christians, along with other non-Muslim minorities, are discriminated against in the Constitution of Pakistan. Non-Muslims are barred from becoming the President[7] or Prime Minister [8]. Furthermore, they are barred from being judges in the Federal Shariat Court, which has the power to strike down any law deemed un-Islamic.[9]

- A Christian lady is under death penalty under blasphemy law and her husband is on the run.
In June 2008, Asiya Bibi, a Pakistani farm worker and mother of five, fetched water for others working on the farm. Many refused the water because Asiya was Christian. The situation got ugly. Reports indicate Asiya was harassed because of her religion and the matter turned violent. Asiya, alone in a hostile environment, naturally would have attempted to defend herself but was put in police custody for her protection against a crowd that was harming her.
However, that protection move turned into one that was to earn Asiya a death sentence.

- The lone Christian minister who questioned the blasphemy law was assassinated .

What i am trying to say is , both nations are not flawless. As an Indian Christian , i am happy as the way live here. As an Indian minority, i hate when somebody finger points at Indian minorities and try to score cheap points.
Your grand parents went to Pakistan, you are very happy - good for you.
I am happy in my country.

Thanks.

Oh come on,
What i learned from some of your other posts
Your cousin was miss India (1997) then Miss World (1997) - Doesn't look like oppressed minority.

Who is it? Nafisa Joseph or Diana Haydan?

These are his genuine views and he has given a good account of how Indian Muslims look at Pakistan.

Now, Pakistanis will likely not agree with him for obvious reasons. They can still listen to him and understand that Indian Muslims don't need them for support, they are happy in India, they enjoy more religious freedom than in Pakistan and are a part of a country that has a future.

If there is one takeaway for you, keep your nose tightly in your own country's affairs. ;)

and neither do we need indian muslims telling us if Pakistan's existence is legitimate, blah blah blah, etc etc etc....... Got it??????????:agree:

(BTW, i can care less about indian Muslims, slaughter them, take care of them, hate them, or love them, they're yours);):tup:

First of all, no one is questioning Pakistan's existence. It is a reality and no one is saying that it should be broken up or removed or whatever.

But at the same time, there is no way the Two Nation theory can be acceptable. And its not only retrogressive, it is UnIslamic as well. One of the main reasons why orthodox muslim scholars and liberal Muslims alike opposed it.

So don't take negation of Two Nation theory as negating the existence of Pakistan. Pakistan is a reality and no one is calling for unification of India and Pakistan, atleast no sane person is.

At the same time, Indian Muslims are in no way compromising with their faith either and have more freedom to practice their religion than other Muslim countries.

"I am a Muslim and profoundly conscious of the fact that I have inherited Islam's glorious tradition of the last fourteen hundred years. I am not prepared to lose even a small part of that legacy. The history and teachings of Islam, its arts and letters, its culture and civilization are part of my wealth and it is my duty to cherish and guard them. But, with all these feelings, I have another equally deep realization, born out of my life's experience which is strengthened and not hindered by the Islamic spirit. I am equally proud of the fact that I am an Indian, an essential part of the indivisible unity of the Indian nationhood, a vital factor in its total makeup, without which this noble edifice will remain incomplete."

--- Maulana Abul Kalam Azad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom