What's new

Indian muslim :Javed Akhtar's Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read in the news this old chap wasn't allowed to buy a house in India due to his religion. I am so happy that my grandparents came to Pakistan when they had the chance in 1947. My relatives who are still stuck in India tell me about how they have to live in a muslim majority neighbourhood because of the common hindu-muslim riots and fights. And then down in Hyderabad my maternal relatives tell us about the violence done against Christians and they also live in a Christian majority neighbourhood.

Thank you for that wonderful post, that is why the Taliban and other crazies hate us, they were against the birth of Pakistan - and are hand in glove with the indians trying to destroy us.

Nonsense statement, Muslim League was indeed full of the richest muslims of India but their purpose was to elevate the ever decreasing situation of Muslims Indians. Jinnah was not a feudal, he made himself after his family lost all the money they had.

The other leaders were a part of old and known dynasties who were the rightful leaders of the people. This includes Sir Aga Khan, Sir Zafarullah Khan, Sir Feroz Khan Noon, Sir Abdul Qayyum etc who were the leaders of their communities or areas.

Similarly we had many self made Leaguers like Allama Iqbal, Suharwady, Fazlur Rahman, Mian Mohammed Salik etc.

The leadership comes from the top and most of them gave up a lot of their land/business holdings for the sake of the Muslims of India by creating Pakistan.

Pakistan also was working on the land reform in the 50's, my own grandfather gave up the land offered to him because we wanted Pakistan to progress forward but the feudals did not want to loose their power and through their power, they stopped land reforms from occurring. Had Jinnah lived, he would have abolished feudalism but his early demise and the rise of feudals as regional leaders made it an impossible task.

But we did so well up till the 80's with feudals that this matter was overlooked, however rest assured, it will happen.

The thing is that these sects had a big hand in creating Pakistan and as they were very well off, they were a natural target for the Mullahs of Pakistan. As yo might know, Jinnah was a Shia and we have had a high number of Shia leaders, they have been a succesful and productive sect but the rise of Wahabi ideology has caused problems for them but we are in the midst of an ideological war and the minorities are feeling the heat.

As for Ahmadi's, they are one of the richest groups (the other being Aga Khani's and Parsis') with the highest literacy rates in Pakistan, you might know some very famous Ahmadi's who were a part of Muslim League and many others who have made names for themselves after the creation of Pakistan. The list includes Sir Zafarullah Khan, Mirza Muzaffar Ahmed, Sahibzada Abdul Qayyum, Dr Abdus Salam, Gen Iftikhar Janjua, Gen. Akhtar Hussain Malik, Gen Abdul Malik, Gen. Nasir Ahmed, The Shahnawazs and the a few Nawabs who hold high places in Pakistan. They were a natural target for the Mullahs since its inception because of doctrinal differences but the state always sided with them because of their role in creating Pakistan but much like the Shia situation, post Bhutto's appeasement of Mullahs, they were targeted.

But again we are in an ideological war and we aim to correct it.

This is a very good point, the increase of fundamentalism and extremism has an enduring effect on nations around the one being effected by these societal problems. Pakistan was a liberal, well to do and progressive state but with the increasing fundamentalism in its neighborhood during the late 70's and 80's had a very negative impact on Pakistan. The Afghan war opened up a chance for Pakistan to get involved in a war that made the country a playground for a violent ideology that seeped our society, the klashankov culture, drugs and the other ill's came with the war. Similarly the Iranian revolution made Pakistan weak because the Shia-Sunni population of our country was going to see an eventual clash and it did happen when a proxy war by the Saudi's and the Irani's was fought in Pakistan.

This is a common impact through what occurs in your neighborhood, Pakistan has been changed because of what occurred in our neighboring countries and the same will happen to India.

A secular Pakistan is also not in the interest of India's creation as it will be able to allow Pakistan to concentrate on tolerance, progress and peace within. If Pakistan stands up tomorrow as a secular nation where people work side by side, we will only threaten the Indian hegemony in economic and militaristic terms.

That is why India would want an radicalized Pakistan whose image is tarnished by terrorism, killing and sectarian violence. This would mean that India has no threat in the neighbourhood and we will continue to slide down. Indian deliberately overlook our success pre Zia days where violence against minorities or sects was rare and we were a very progressive nation.

Indian media would never highlight the well to do minorities of Pakistan or the modernization because they want to make Pakistan look like the worst place for comparisons sake.

The argument works both ways.

Time for some Shairi, I guess.

All correct except the last point. The Indian media needs a story and Pakistan's antics provide it one - if not for Pakistan they would find something else. Overall, a stable Pakistan which is completely democratic and in control of elected representatives is in India's interests. Whether it is theocratic or secular is a moot point - that is for Pakistan to choose.

Benazir Shaheed and Asif Ali Zardari are Shia's - you can disagree with their politics but it is beautiful that Pakistan has elected a Shia Muslim Women before even the USA and many other countries have done.

Not just that but our first Law and Labour Minister was a Hindu Dalit. And we also had a Christian and Hindu Chief Justice in the past.

Not just that but our first Law and Labour Minister was a Hindu Dalit. And we also had a Christian and Hindu Chief Justice in the past.

My brother, that is what the indians can never understand about us, the beauty of Pakistan, we are the most tolerant people, I am a Shia, but have Sunni's in my family also, we have inter married with people from different provinces, my Sister-in-Law is a Sikh girl from their side of the Punjab, and we love that girl like a member of our blood family.

Pakistan is the centre of Islam. It is the second state which is created on the ideology of Islam. Non-muslims (as in Islam) enjoy freedom.
But I an also happy that Islam is also widely spreading in India.

My brother, that is what the indians can never understand about us, the beauty of Pakistan, we are the most tolerant people, I am a Shia, but have Sunni's in my family also, we have inter married with people from different provinces, my Sister-in-Law is a Sikh girl from their side of the Punjab, and we love that girl like a member of our blood family.

examples like yours and your families are more than ample in india , when it comes to unity in diversity no one can challenge india .

About how tolerant you are , well i ll let the world be the judge ; they are all witnessing it .:cheers:

Pakistan is the centre of Islam. It is the second state which is created on the ideology of Islam. Non-muslims (as in Islam) enjoy freedom.
But I an also happy that Islam is also widely spreading in India.

Care to elaborate how ?

I dont believe most muslims or non muslims around the world believe that way neither have you provided them with any reason for them to believe so.

Pakistan had christian and Hindu chief justices in history. President is shia. All groups are living are living peacefully in Pakistan.
Although , situation is bad after 9/11. But sorry to say , India is funding terrorists in KPK and Balochistan.

examples like yours and your families are more than ample in india , when it comes to unity in diversity no one can challenge india .

About how tolerant you are , well i ll let the world be the judge ; they are all witnessing it .:cheers:

That is why I believe some indian's especially on this forum, suffer from low self esteem, why would any one want a certificate in tolerance from an indian of all people, why do you feel the need to validate india, on the back of a Pakistani stating his idea of Pakistan.

That is why I believe some indian's especially on this forum, suffer from low self esteem, why would any one want a certificate in tolerance from an indian of all people, why do you feel the need to validate india, on the back of a Pakistani stating his idea of Pakistan.

I have traveled quite widely in india, and the rural areas, it has virtually nothing in common with us, except parts of indian Punjab - were I was met by people in tears - who miss Pakistani Punjab, and the places they were born.

@ nick
Pakistan is only Muslim Atomic power and has largest army in Muslim world.
Pakistan has always importance in international scenario.
Pakistan is going towards democracy.
All minorities are living peacefully in Pakistan.

you quoted indians in your post so i as an indian give you an idea of life in india . You needed to be responded .

If you dont want an indian response dont do it in the Indian's context otherwise you will always , i repeat always get a response .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom