What's new

Indian Inventions throughout the ages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan was not scare to attack India even though India has much bigger military ..
perhaps because the PA generals had (and continue to) little regard for the lives of average pakistani soldier.
Their Egos are bigger than even Pakistan.

You are confusing two different things here. They feel proud of Islamic golden age because they are Muslim and they have proud of Islamic achievement in fields of science and philosophy. For Muslim his religion come before his family, land, ethnicities. If you read history you will find out that many Muslims went against their non Muslim father or uncle in wars but when there was no wars then Muslims were asked to look after their non Muslim relatives and deal to them with respect and honour. I am not crying. I am just having discussion and you dont need to be emotional :)

Nothing wrong in feeling proud of religious heritage. But in your Pakistani textbooks you guys read history entire history of 3000BC to 712 AD in four pages. You disowned your ancestral heritage. Look at Persians they never disowned heritage of Pre-Islamic Iran. That's what I want to say you, your Pakistani even not kept of your ancestors after your religion instead disowned them.

And for we Indians first we consider all positive aspects of Islamic rule as our culture heritage even though we criticize Aurangzeb, Ghaznavi and Bakhtiar Khilji because we don't believe in 2 nation theory even you Pakistani Try hard to make us believe that.. In India, I studied history like this:- 6th Std:- Ancient India:- Indus Valley to Conquest of Sindh by Arabs. 7th Std:- Medieval India:- Islamic Rule upto Aurangzeb and 8th Std Modern India:- Lesser Mughal/colonial rule to Partition and independence of Pondicherry and Goa.

perhaps because the PA generals had (and continue to) little regard for the lives of average pakistani soldier.
Their Egos are bigger than even Pakistan.

Not really. I think soldiers are there to die for their countries. Its not right to blame Pakistan for wars without looking the reasons behind these wars. No body start war for nothing :)

Not really. I think soldiers are there to die for their countries. Its not right to blame Pakistan for wars without looking the reasons behind these wars. No body start war for nothing :)

i'm not questioning the resolve of the soldiers, rather the short shortsightedness and fat egos of some generals. if there were clear cut objectives of the wars, what were they, and have they been fulfilled, at what cost?

Can we stick to the Topic of Posting Indian inventions, pre-1947 inventions are also Pakistani heritage but the fact is their wish to feel proud of it.

Nothing wrong in feeling proud of religious heritage. But in your Pakistani textbooks you guys read history entire history of 3000BC to 712 AD in four pages. You disowned your ancestral heritage. Look at Persians they never disowned heritage of Pre-Islamic Iran. That's what I want to say you, your Pakistani even not kept of your ancestors after your religion instead disowned them.

And for we Indians first we consider all positive aspects of Islamic rule as our culture heritage even though we criticize Aurangzeb, Ghaznavi and Bakhtiar Khilji because we don't believe in 2 nation theory even you Pakistani Try hard to make us believe that.. In India, I studied history like this:- 6th Std:- Ancient India:- Indus Valley to Conquest of Sindh by Arabs. 7th Std:- Medieval India:- Islamic Rule upto Aurangzeb and 8th Std Modern India:- Lesser Mughal/colonial rule to Partition and independence of Pondicherry and Goa.

Its not right for you to speak on behalf of all Pakistani. It seem you read all text books of Pakistan. Did you? I have read history books and they talk about conversion of Muslims in sub continent. They even talk about ancient india, Mohenjo daro, Harappa, indus valley civilisation, their culture, ways of life etc. There are also details information about history of sub-continent before Islam. Two-nation theory did not appear suddenly out of nowhere

I can never agree with the two-nation theory. India is more or less; a secular state. There is more hope for an individual to lead a secure life and strive for a good future in India, when compared to Pakistan.

The pakistan of today is a living proof why nations must NEVER be formed along the lines of religion and ego.

Its not right for you to speak on behalf of all Pakistani. It seem you read all text books of Pakistan. Did you? I have read history books and they talk about conversion of Muslims in sub continent. They even talk about ancient india, Mohenjo daro, Harappa, indus valley civilisation, their culture, ways of life etc. There are also details information about history of sub-continent before Islam. Two-nation theory did not appear suddenly out of nowhere

Buddy I have done a thorough research how history is Taught in Pakistan. You can't understand that faraway at England. Pakistan textbooks have just four pages for entire golden history of 3000BC to 712AD. You folks think your history starts with Conquest of Sindh. And Two-Nation theory is fake and it is proved by the fact you are living in UK.

Again whatever is in Pakistan belongs to us and whatever is in india belongs to them, and never the twain shall meet. :)

Again whatever is in Pakistan belongs to us and whatever is in india belongs to them, and never the twain shall meet. :)

Classic Rafi line :D

In that case will you please take back veena malik?

Indus civilization, also called Indus valley civilization or Harappan civilization, the earliest known urban culture of the Indian subcontinent. It was first identified in 1921 at Harappa in the Punjab region and then in 1922 at Mohenjo-daro (Mohenjodaro), near the Indus River in the Sindh (Sind) region, now both in Pakistan. Subsequently, vestiges of the civilization were found as far apart as Sutkagen Dor, near the shore of the Arabian Sea 300 miles (480 km) west of Karachi, also in Pakistan, and Rupnagar, in India, at the foot of the Shimla Hills 1,000 miles (1,600 km) to the northeast. Later exploration established its existence southward down the west coast of India as far as the Gulf of Khambhat (Cambay), 500 miles (800 km) southeast of Karachi, and as far east as the Yamuna (Jumna) River basin, 30 miles (50 km) north of Delhi. It is thus decidedly the most extensive of the world’s three earliest civilizations; the other two are those of Mesopotamia and Egypt, both of which began somewhat before it. (See also India.)

Indus civilization -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

The world knows it as Indian subcontinent.

Rafi's golden words and nostradamusesque predcitions,culture only belongs to the one who practices and worships.Rest can be like Rafi,clutching at straws.

The civilization was literate, and its script, with some 250 to 500 characters, has been partly and tentatively deciphered; the language has been indefinitely identified as Dravidian. The nuclear dates of the civilization appear to be about 2500–1700 bce, though the southern sites may have lasted

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

episode would appear to be consistent in time and place with the earlier Aryan onslaught upon the Indus region as reflected in the older books of the Rigveda, in which the newcomers are represented as attacking the “walled cities” or “citadels” of the aboriginal peoples and the Aryan war-god Indra as rending forts “as age consumes a garment.”

Rigveda is in Sanskrit not urdu or arabic :agree:

Indus civilization, also called Indus valley civilization or Harappan civilization, the earliest known urban culture of the Indian subcontinent. It was first identified in 1921 at Harappa in the Punjab region and then in 1922 at Mohenjo-daro (Mohenjodaro), near the Indus River in the Sindh (Sind) region, now both in Pakistan. Subsequently, vestiges of the civilization were found as far apart as Sutkagen Dor, near the shore of the Arabian Sea 300 miles (480 km) west of Karachi, also in Pakistan, and Rupnagar, in India, at the foot of the Shimla Hills 1,000 miles (1,600 km) to the northeast. Later exploration established its existence southward down the west coast of India as far as the Gulf of Khambhat (Cambay), 500 miles (800 km) southeast of Karachi, and as far east as the Yamuna (Jumna) River basin, 30 miles (50 km) north of Delhi. It is thus decidedly the most extensive of the world’s three earliest civilizations; the other two are those of Mesopotamia and Egypt, both of which began somewhat before it. (See also India.)

Indus civilization -- Britannica Online Encyclopedia

The world knows it as Indian subcontinent.

And the world now knows it as ancient Pakistan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom