What's new

Indian fury over Australia swimwear images

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my world i absolutely believe 100% what i said.

Hindu gods are "cool" people get them tattooed just like Buddha.

:lol: A lot of people already do that I think. But as I said earlier, putting the image of Goddess on someone's biking bottom is pushing it too far. I don't think any religious group would be ok with that.

How is this an offence to us Hindus?!We paint the pictures of goddesses and gods on walls so why can't an other "art lover" do so on a piece of cloth[swimwear]?.....................This is purely my opinion.

Another Pakistani vs. Indian troll thread. How unique.

How is this an offence to us Hindus?!We paint the pictures of goddesses and gods on walls so why can't an other "art lover" do so on a piece of cloth[swimwear]?.....................This is purely my opinion.

Some people find it offensive, some don't.

Not offensive at all to be honest...

However its funny seeing muslims here being hypocritical about this :lol:

When's the next draw muhammad day anyone :pop:

How important is Laxmi in Indian mythology?

Since she is the "Goddess of wealth"... I'm guessing she must be one of the more popular ones.

The Chinese equivalent, would probably be Cai Shen.

when we have have god idols and pictures , such things may happen ...

Strangely, when we don't have idols and pictures folks end up getting their heads chopped off, have planes rammed into their buildings, have fatwas issued in their name, have violent protests all over the world and of course the occassional apologist who claims that the 'other guy started it'.

Every other tv show in the states has something snide to say about jesus or moses but I've never seen people burning American flags over it. It's amazing how much ground societies around the world have to cover. Its 2011 but you wouldn't know it outside of the west and a few pockets in East Asia. India should really shove a book down every BJP/RSS idiot's throat. Its just a bikini, its not like god is really offended by it. If you don't like it don't buy it, simple.

Yeah she is right up there on the list:lol: Especially with the business community for obvious reasons.

Yeah, it is the same here in China. People love anything to do with "prosperity".

That's why Red is the most popular colour in China, because it symbolizes prosperity. Any of the traditional Gods that have anything to do with prosperity are also held in very high regard.

Strangely, when we don't have idols and pictures folks end up getting their heads chopped off, have planes rammed into their buildings, have fatwas issued in their name, have violent protests all over the world and of course the occassional apologist who claims that the 'other guy started it'.

Every other tv show in the states has something snide to say about jesus or moses but I've never seen people burning American flags over it. It's amazing how much ground societies around the world have to cover. Its 2011 but you wouldn't know it outside of the west and a few pockets in East Asia. India should really shove a book down every BJP/RSS idiot's throat. Its just a bikini, its not like god is really offended by it. If you don't like it don't buy it, simple.

it's not the god but believers get offended..and in this case any believer would get offended if some one prints his gods pic on the butt.

How important is Laxmi in Indian mythology?

Since she is the "Goddess of wealth"... I'm guessing she must be one of the more popular ones.

The Chinese equivalent, would probably be Cai Shen.

Honestly all the God/Goddesses in "Hinduism" are pretty much symbolic and not supposed to be interpreted literally. Someone here mentioned about 3 sects of Hinduism which there are people who are 1. Polytheistic (Very common among Indians who believe in more than one God) 2. Monotheistic (Belief in one God, be it Vishnu or Shiva hence the term Shaivites, Vaishism, Shaktism, and Smartism) 3. Atheistic (Can either be referred to Agnosticism or Atheism) Which the agnostics believe there is a God however it cannot be seen and the atheists or nir-īśvara-vāda have absolute no belief in God and view Hinduism as a "way of life" and not a religion.

So basically "Astika" = Theist and Nastika = "Atheist"

Which pretty much concludes that "Hinduism" leans more towards philosophy than religion. IMO at least.

Yeah, it is the same here in China. People love anything to do with "prosperity".

That's why Red is the most popular colour in China, because it symbolizes prosperity. Any of the traditional Gods that have anything to do with prosperity are also held in very high regard.

Yes I've read that somewhere. If I'm not mistaken I may have also read that blue is "considered" bad luck in in the Chinese tradition? Is that true?

Hollywood took a Chinese God (Guan Di) and turned him into a monster for a "horror movie". Note that this is one of the most popular and beloved Gods, in all of Chinese folklore.

production17.jpg

It was a pretty funny movie though. Created by Bruce Campbell, famous for the "Evil dead" movie trilogy.

Though to be fair, Chinese people are generally a lot less "religious" than Indian people are.

I recently watched Indiana Jones and was startled to see how they had portrayed Goddess Kali in it. She was shown as a blood thirsty monster. I wish they had researched a little more about Indian mythology and religion while making the movie.

Yes I've read that somewhere. If I'm not mistaken I may have also read that blue is "considered" bad luck in in the Chinese tradition? Is that true?

It depends on the context, but blue and green can sometimes be considered unlucky. I wouldn't worry about it though, if you are not Chinese, then no one will be offended if you make a mistake. Like handing a green hat to someone.

As an interesting side-note, in China we have always had a God called "Yan Wang" (which means King Yama). He is one of the most important Gods in Chinese mythology.

I only learned recently that he was originally a Hindu God. Which was transmitted to East Asia via Buddhism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom