What's new

Three people, including two police officers, shot dead at Queensland property

jhungary

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
China

Three people including two police officers in their 20s have been executed - allegedly by two gunmen ‘in camouflage’ - at a property in QLD.

Megan PalinMegan Palin

3 min read
December 13, 2022 - 12:41AM

Pause
Unmute

Loaded: 0%

Current Time 0:01
/
Duration 0:15

Fullscreen
Video will play after the ad
Multiple police officers have reportedly been shot on a property west of Brisbane.

More From Qld News
Woman’s horrifying discovery in KFC chips

Woman’s horrifying discovery in KFC chips

‘Had no idea’: Fury at find on Aussie brand

‘Had no idea’: Fury at find on Aussie brand

Boys charged with attempted murder

Boys charged with attempted murder

Three people including two police officers in their 20’s have been shot dead in a cold-blooded ambush at a man’s property in Queensland.
An emergency situation has been declared for the remote town of Wieambilla, about three hours west of Brisbane.
Multiple police officers came under fire from inside a house as they walked up the property’s driveway about 4.40pm on Monday.
Horrifyingly, two of the wounded police – a 29-year-old man and a 26-year-old woman – were seen to be approached by at least two shooters clad in military-style camouflage fatigues, and shot execution-style where they lay, according to The Australian.
A witness reported seeing the suspects then take the police officers’ pistols, the newspaper reports.
QLD Police Commissioner Katarina Carroll confirmed there had been three fatalities - two police officers and one member of the public - in a press conference. She said the suspects were “yet to be taken into custody”.
“It is with deep sadness that I confirm the deaths of three people, including two officers, during an incident in the Western Downs late this afternoon,” Ms Carroll said.
“Four officers attended a property on Waynes Road in Wieabila in relation to a reported missing person from New South Wales. Tragically, while in attendance, two officers were shot and declared deceased at the scene.
“A member of the public was also shot and is deceased. Another officer received a bullet graze and is receiving treatment in hospital. A fourth officer managed to escape the property and is also receiving treatment.”
The fourth officer, a young female constable, reportedly fled into the surrounding scrub during the terrifying ordeal.
The gunmen allegedly then started a bushfire in a bid to find her, but she was rescued by a 16-strong extraction team of police who also recovered the bodies of the two murdered officers, according to a police source.
Four police officers attended the property when they shot at. Picture: Harry Clarke/Country Caller

Four police officers attended the property when they shot at. Picture: Harry Clarke/Country Caller
A Google Images screenshot of Wains Road, Wieambilla where emergency services have responded to a police shooting on December 12, 2022.

A Google Images screenshot of Wains Road, Wieambilla where emergency services have responded to a police shooting on December 12, 2022.
Ms Carroll said police were “yet to learn the full extent of what has occurred today” and described the incident as “extraordinarily distressing on many levels”.
“I extend my heartfelt condolences to officers’ families, friends and colleagues,” she added,
“Our thoughts are with them during this extremely difficult time. Those officers paid the ultimate sacrifice to keep our community safe.
“I would like to also pay tribute to all police and first responders who assisted at the scene and are continuing to respond this evening.
“Tragically this is the largest loss of life we have suffered in one single incident in recent times.”
Queensland Police confirmed “several” police crews are now at the property, urging residents in the emergency zone to stay indoors.
“Wains Road is closed, and the declaration zone encompasses the area between Chinchilla Tara Rd, Wieambilla Rd, Bennetts School Rd, and Mary Street,” police said.
“Residents within the declared areas must remain indoors until further notice, and motorists and pedestrians are advised to avoid the area.”
Authorities said a police operation “remains ongoing at a property on Wains Rd at Wieambilla” in an updated statement at 7.30pm.
The incident unfolded on Wains Road at Wieambilla.

The incident unfolded on Wains Road at Wieambilla.
An emergency situation has been declared for the town of Wieambilla about three hours west of Brisbane.

An emergency situation has been declared for the town of Wieambilla about three hours west of Brisbane.
It’s understood police attended the remote property at the request of NSW Police in relation to a missing person.
The town is located west of Brisbane with a population of around 100 people.
Prime Minister Anthony Albanese expressed his condolences to “all who are grieving tonight” in a post on Twitter.
“Terrible scenes in Wieambilla and a heartbreaking day for the families and friends of the Queensland Police officers who have lost their lives in the line of duty,” he wrote.
“My condolences to all who are grieving tonight – Australia mourns with you.”
Police Minister Mark Ryan said the Queensland Police Service “has lost two heroes tonight”.
“This is a tragedy on so many levels and the thoughts of all of us are with the police family tonight,” Mr Ryan said.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk also expressed her “shock and sadness” over the deaths.
“I extend my deepest respects to their families and to the Queensland Police Service family as a whole,” Ms Palaszczuk said.
“Our police risk their lives every day to keep us safe. I know Queensland joins with me in expressing our shock and sadness.”
Local Groom MP Garth Hamilton said his “thoughts and prayers are with our region’s policing community”.
“There is a serious police incident ongoing to our west at Chinchilla tonight. Please listen to authorities if you are in the area,” he wrote on Facebook.
If you have information for police, contact Policelink by providing information using the online suspicious activity form at www.police.qld.gov.au/reporting or call 131 444.

Commissioner Katarina Carroll talk about the police shooting in a press conference

Gunman HAD NOT been apprehended.

From the latest report. The 4 Queensland Police officer were there to check on a lead to a NSW missing person. The member of the public was ambushed and shot dead by the gunman. It was suggested that the gunman lit a car on fire and the member of the public was shot and killed when the bystander went to check on the car.

4 Police officer then arrived at the scene, immediately got shot at and 2 were killed at the scene, 3rd was shot but manage to escape and the 4th status is unknown.

SERT and Special Operation are currently in operation and Police Declared emergency on an area around the location. Gunman had not yet been apprehended. The current situation is unknown and is developing.

The fourth officer, a young female constable, reportedly fled into the surrounding scrub during the terrifying ordeal.
real hero here

Thats why reducing the police requirements so that privileged white girls who never even worked in a nail salon is automatically made a police officer is a shit idea.

Years ago when i was studying in Uni i was working in security part time. When shit went down, the woman security officer is literally doing shit all but holding onto the radio and watching. can never rely on them to have ur back when you need it.

Last edited:
4 cops attend to a missing person call?? Something not right there.

And I would like to know whether the police were ambushed first, or the member of the public was ambushed first.

More detail emerged on the incident.

2 MALE and 1 FEMALE SUSPECT SHOT DEAD BY POLICE SERT TEAM. Manhunt continue.

NSW Police put out a Missing Person alert on Nathaniel Train of Dubbo, Queensland Police was notified to contact Train's Brother on the address where the ambush occurred. 4 Police officer arrived in 2 cars, with Constable Rachel McCrow and Constable Matthew Arnold, 26 and 29 respectively in the first car knock on the door, where another male and female officer (an 8-week-old rookie) staying at the second car.

Gun fire erupted when the 2 officers knock on Train's brother door, downing both officers, the male officer in the second car also was grazed on the thigh, where the rookie female hid under a bush. 2 Suspects, assume to be the Train Brother, dress in camouflage goes outside, shot the 2 down officer in the head and executed them. And then proceed to lit a fire to flush out the female Rookie, meanwhile the male officer contacted dispatch and asked for reinforcement.

Later on that night, a team of 16 officer responsed to the address, rescued both the male officer and the female rookie as well as recovered the body of the 2 executed officers under gunfire. A siege then ensued.

Earlier this morning, the Police Tactical team (SERT) arrived on scene and with the help of PolAir, enter the premises, SERT team exchange gunfire with the suspects inside the home and killed 2 male and 1 female suspect on scene. Believe to be Train Brother and wife of one of the brothers.

A neighbor, Alan Dare, 58 was also shot at the back when he come to investigate the incident. He also died at the scene.

A full manhunt still in progress to ascertain all the suspect were accounted for. A full investigation are expected to start today

Slained Police Officer.jpg

Constable Rachel McCrow and Constable Matthew Arnold

7LENE3PUW5E7PLTWLUYW63V2XA.jpg

Nathaniel Train (deceased) suspect in the shooting.

real hero here

Thats why reducing the police requirements so that privileged white girls who never even worked in a nail salon is automatically made a police officer is a shit idea.

Years ago when i was studying in Uni i was working in security part time. When shit went down, the woman security officer is literally doing shit all but holding onto the radio and watching. can never rely on them to have ur back when you need it.
Maybe they should hire you??

Have you ever been under fire?? You have a Glock 21 possibly without body armor (Most beat cop here don't have them, even if they have, it's at most 2a, not going to hold up anything above 9mm), going up against at least 2 semi-automatic long gun, are you telling me you are going to stay and fight??

I am telling you this, as a person who had been under fire before, even with a M4 in my hand, I would retreat and regroup in this situation. You are at what we called "Tactical Disadvantage" on this occasion. I would have run too. Or if you are that good, tell me what the female rookie and the male senior constable should do??

Dude, talk is cheap, come back and talk to me when you were on a receiving end of a 2-way firing range. Otherwise please stick to being a mall cop.

Last edited:
The scene of the shooting

Crime Scene.jpg

You can see the Police Tactical Armored Vehicle with 5 bullets hole on the windscreen.

The 3 suspected killed in the firefight are named as

1.) Nathaniel Train (The Missing Person), ex Primary School principal, missing since Oct 9, 2022
2.) Gareth Train (Brother)
3.) Stacey Train (Wife to either of the Train brother)

Probationary Constable Keeley Brough.jpg

Constable Keeley Brough, 28

Alan Dare.jpg

Alan Dare, 58

Further update on the case. All 3 Suspects worked in Queensland Education System

Nathaniel works as executive principal in a Regional Queensland Primary School
Stacey (Nathaniel (ex)wife works as a school councilor
Gareth works as a Teacher Aid in another Regional Queensland School.

Are Australian allowed to own firearms? Looks like the suspect has some powerful guns that they can gun down the 2 cops so quickly.

Further update on the case. All 3 Suspects worked in Queensland Education System

Nathaniel works as executive principal in a Regional Queensland Primary School
Stacey (Nathaniel (ex)wife works as a school councilor
Gareth works as a Teacher Aid in another Regional Queensland School.
Relgious cult?, Far right ideology?

Relgious cult?, Far right ideology?
Not sure, investigation is ongoing.

There is a man name Gareth Train (the name of one of the suspects shot dead) who frequent conspiracy theorist website and sovereign citizen group. But at this point, the Police do not know if they are the same person.

1 crazy with AR-15 can create chaos, unfortunately America is full of these nutjobs who for XYZ reasons hoard guns and paranoid about many things, a very dangerous combination.

Are Australian allowed to own firearms? Looks like the suspect has some powerful guns that they can gun down the 2 cops so quickly.
You can own firearms in Australia, but ownership is heavily restricted. You will need a firearms license to own firearms

You will need a valid reason to apply for a firearm license, and there are only 4 legitimate reasons police accept and grant you that license. Those are Primary Production-Pest Control, Master Security License (Like armaguard), Recreational Shooter and Hunting. You will need to demonstrate the need to acquire a firearm license by providing proof that you satisfy one of the 4 reasons. And then you will have to apply for permit for EACH weapon you own.

Early report suggested that none of the 3 held Firearm license and the property does not appear in any Firearm Permit. So a good guess is that these 3 own these guns illegally. Then anything goes.

Its time for the US to start banning firearms or any projectile that travels over 500 ft/sec..

1 crazy with AR-15 can create chaos, unfortunately America is full of these nutjobs who for XYZ reasons hoard guns and paranoid about many things, a very dangerous combination.
in this case, 3 crazies.......

Those people all live a quiet live, I would even say, normal live, especially Nathaniel Train, who was still teaching as of last year.

But this don't happen in Australia often, it's very hard to get guns here. Not the one that they use to kill these 2 cops anyway, and now the cop fear that this is just the beginning, this may be an organisation of something big.

Its time for the US to start banning firearms or any projectile that travels over 500 ft/sec..
This happened in QUEENSLAND, AUSTRALIA. Not USA.

Australia probably have one of the strictest gun laws in the world. We aren't even allowed to own Airsoft.

Back
Top Bottom