What's new

Indian fury over Australia swimwear images

Status
Not open for further replies.
India shows some backbone, how about China for once?

They dare burn the Australian flag. No one burned a US flag in 12 years here, whats the problem? Why don't we dare burn the US flag? Why do more people dare burn the Chinese flag in China than the US flag? We've already been enslaved and we don't even know it.

The firm's apology is simply out of economic reason and it has nothing to do with what I indicated.

You think the firms targetted market for those bikinis was India?

i think the designer knew what she was doing. She knew it would be offensive. But she decided to go ahead because she wants publicity.

this is not the first time this incident has happened. I think they are doing it purpose fully and they are laughing at India's religion and culture.

I doubt anyone looks at the swimsuit and goes hahahaha those indians are funny and have a sh!t culture?

its funny to see some Muslim brothers being so hypocritical and so shameless at the sometime...the reason why I left Islam..and became an atheist..its the hypocrisy in society that makes you a SICK person.They disrespect everyone but cry loud when someone even question them.

BTW, can you put Buddha on swimsuit? I bet you can. Will Buddhists burn flags like this? I doubt so.

as moorkh said the back part is offensive..you need to respect others believes and sentiments..ofcourse you can't satisfy everybody because people have different level of sensitivities..just like dressing- some thinks women should be covered head to toe others are too liberal that they go topeless(ofcourse their freedom since it's their body only )..so it's about keeping a balance when sentiments of others are involved.

I doubt anyway looks at the swimsuit and goes hahahaha those indians are funny and have a sh!t culture?

Don't try to display your intelligence, we all know how much your peanut sized brain can think.

its funny to see some Muslim brothers being so hypocritical and so shameless at the sometime...the reason why I left Islam..and became an atheist..its the hypocrisy in society that makes you a SICK person.They disrespect everyone but cry loud when someone even question them.

Are you saying the girl with the Hindu god on her underwear walking down stage was a Muslim?

i think the designer knew what she was doing. She knew it would be offensive. But she decided to go ahead because she wants publicity.

this is not the first time this incident has happened. I think they are doing it purpose fully and they are laughing at India's religion and culture.

Actually no, Australians are mostly non religious people. And they are awed by the rich Indian culture and mythology if anything. This particular "designer" probably ran out of ideas for her new collection, decided to go ahead with this. Got the publicity, which is vital if you want to be someone in the fashion world. I mean never heard of Lisa Bruke until today.

So lets not read too much into this, she did apologize to the Hindus and has pulled off those swim wear from her collection. This should be the end of the story.

I doubt anyway looks at the swimsuit and goes hahahaha those indians are funny and have a sh!t culture?

In which world are you living man. You think people dont do the above written things. Ok many australians may not know of hindu gods, but that designer definitely knew. They are supposed to know what prints are on the fabric. If you think it was done unintentionally then you are naive.

India shows some backbone, how about China for once?

They dare burn the Australian flag. No one burned a US flag in 12 years here, whats the problem? Why don't we dare burn the US flag? Why do more people dare burn the Chinese flag in China than the US flag? We've already been enslaved and we don't even know it.

Our constitution allows flag burning as a form of protest. They burn any flag even Indian sometimes. They are just bunch of illiterates who are being paid for such actions by our political rights. Don't take this as a representation of majority though. Its just sad that GOI cannot do anything as this part of freedom of expression.

In which world are you living man. You think people dont do the above written things. Ok many australians may not know of hindu gods, but that designer definitely knew. They are supposed to know what prints are on the fabric. If you think it was done unintentionally then you are naive.

In my world i absolutely believe 100% what i said.

Hindu gods are "cool" people get them tattooed just like Buddha.

Important Press Release 7th May 2011
Hindu God Print Production Cancelled

Lisa Blue has been born out of a love of conservation, spirituality and a respect for all people. At no time would we ever have intended that the brand would cause offence. The use of images of Goddess Lakshmi was not in any way a measure of calculated risk taking, simply it was a desire to celebrate different cultures and share that through our brand.

We would like to offer an apology to anyone we may have offended and advise that the image of Goddess Lakshmi will not appear on any piece of Lisa Blue swimwear for the new season, with a halt put on all production of the new range and pieces shown on the runway from last week removed. This range will never be available for sale in any stockists or retail outlets anywhere in the world.
We apologise to the Hindu community and take this matter very seriously."

Important Press Release 7th May 2011 Hindu God Print Production Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom