• Good

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
What is the source of your data?

What data? If you are referring to the table with different education boards, I got it from an inside source, you ll have to wait till next year for that to get published. You can individually( for different boards) verify the data if you wish, should be on google.

Here's a similar figure from 2007, 6,566,178 students successfully completed secondary education.

e6f8rm.jpg

http://education.nic.in/stats/Examresults2007.pdf

Page 73: Table 9

When one is scavenging like mad, the finer details are not one's top priority. ;)

You are talking nonsense!

While I make no claims about the quality of education in Pakistan, I do know that it's poor in both India and Pakistan relative to most of the rest of the world rest of based ion what I have seen. Indian students have been performing very poorly in TIMSS test as reported in a piece "India Shining, Bharat Drowning".

http://www.people.fas.harvard.edu/~tzajonc/india_shining_jan27_flat.pdf

Even the IIT education in India is at best mediocre.

Some India watchers such as Fareed Zakaria, an Indian-American who often acts as a cheerleader for India in the US, have expressed doubts about the quality of education at the Indian Institutes of Technology. In his book "The Post-American World", Zakaria argues that "many of the IITs are decidedly second-rate, with mediocre equipment, indifferent teachers, and unimaginative classwork." Zakaria says the key strength of the IIT graduates is the fact that they must pass "one of the world's most ruthlessly competitive entrance exams. Three hundred thousand people take it, five thousand are admitted--an acceptance rate of 1.7% (compared with 9 to 10 percent for Harvard, Yale, and Princeton)."

Haq's Musings: More on Quality of Higher Education in India and Pakistan

A recent Wall Street Journal piece titled "India Graduates Millions, but Too Few Are Fit to Hire " said as follows about Indian education:

So few of the high school and college graduates who come through the door can communicate effectively in English, and so many lack a grasp of educational basics such as reading comprehension, that the company can hire just three out of every 100 applicants.

India Graduates Millions, but Too Few Are Fit to Hire - WSJ.com

But where did you see any comparison to Pakistan in the article I posted? Are you just imagining it?

And do you know that India's primary school kids can't even simple sentences? And you want to talk about quality?

In India, a recent report showed that 44% of children between the ages of 7 and 10 could not read even a simple paragraph. Teaching is still done by traditional rote learning methods, corporal punishment is rife, and children are often taught in a language they do not understand (Annual Status of Education, 2006).

High school drop out rates in India and Bangladesh - Save the Children

While I make no claims about the quality of education in Pakistan, I do know that it's poor in both India and Pakistan relative to most of the rest of the world rest of based ion what I have seen. Indian students have been performing very poorly in TIMSS test as reported in a piece "India Shining, Bharat Drowning".

Some India watchers such as Fareed Zakaria, an Indian-American who often acts as a cheerleader for India in the US, have expressed doubts about the quality of education at the Indian Institutes of Technology. In his book "The Post-American World", Zakaria argues that "many of the IITs are decidedly second-rate, with mediocre equipment, indifferent teachers, and unimaginative classwork." Zakaria says the key strength of the IIT graduates is the fact that they must pass "one of the world's most ruthlessly competitive entrance exams. Three hundred thousand people take it, five thousand are admitted--an acceptance rate of 1.7% (compared with 9 to 10 percent for Harvard, Yale, and Princeton)."

A recent Wall Street Journal piece titled "India Graduates Millions, but Too Few Are Fit to Hire " said as follows about Indian education:

So few of the high school and college graduates who come through the door can communicate effectively in English, and so many lack a grasp of educational basics such as reading comprehension, that the company can hire just three out of every 100 applicants.

But where did you see any comparison to Pakistan in the article I posted? Are you just imagining it?

And do you know that India's primary school kids can't even simple sentences? And you want to talk about quality?

In India, a recent report showed that 44% of children between the ages of 7 and 10 could not read even a simple paragraph. Teaching is still done by traditional rote learning methods, corporal punishment is rife, and children are often taught in a language they do not understand (Annual Status of Education, 2006).

none of your links disprove the facts as have been proven previously on this thread that Indian education quality is better than Pakistan's .

Secondly your links take us to your blog . yawn...

I think we have talked enough about Indian Education, Riaz if you want to talk about it, you should open a new thread.

==============================================

Guys stop replying to flames, it will die out itself;)

how ignorant can u be of u'r enemy.....these pakistanis r so jealous......they dont even bother to recognize facts.......we Indians off course c china as a rival.....but always recognize the developments that they r making and continuously upgrade ourselves and take corrective measures to remain competitive with china............but these pakistanis r so blind in hatred toward their enemies that they r too myopic to c any positives out of their enemy......

What data? If you are referring to the table with different education boards, I got it from an inside source, you ll have to wait till next year for that to get published. You can individually( for different boards) verify the data if you wish, should be on google.

http://education.nic.in/stats/Examresults2007.pdf

Page 73: Table 9

It's hard for me to argue with an "inside source". It's like "secret evidence" used in military courts to prevail over any arguments.

The IITs are medicore, yet so many IITians are heading or are major honchos in major international companies?

Many US companies hire IITians just based on their degrees. People like Bill Gates have praised the quality of IIT graduates.

Frankly I have nothing but contempt for people who scavenge any data they can get without understanding what it means.

The 0.9% thingy totally gave away your incapability to comprehend even very basic data.

India and Pakistan are in different leagues. Nothing you write in that pathetic blog will change that.

You would better focus on improving Pakistan's HDI index rather than obsessing about India.

none of your links disprove the facts as have been proven previously on this thread that Indian education quality is better than Pakistan's .

Secondly your links take us to your blog . yawn...

What a cop out!

Mind is like a parachute; it only works when it's open!

It's hard for me to argue with an "inside source". It's like "secret evidence" used in military courts to prevail over any arguments.

You ll have just have to take my word for it, the figures are straight from the Ministry of HRD, India. ;)

But I said earlier, all the figures can be independently verified from the internet through google. Some of the figures from the table,
CBSE--629,125 Source

ICSE--55,000 Source

Uttar Pradesh State Education Board--1,590,032 Source

Maharshtra State Education Board--940,248 Source

Bihar State Education Board--621,000 Source

West Bengal Education Board--482,437 Source

Andhra Pradesh Education Board--448,264 Source

Tamil Nadu Education Board--687, 200 Source

Besides as you can see the official figure in 2007, was 6.6 Million, so 8.5 million in 2011 isn't really that far fetched is it?

What a cop out!

Mind is like a parachute; it only works when it's open!

cop out ?

Are you talking to yourself ?

That is what you have been doing all this while , bringing BS and false theories from your blog again and again and when they get negated from official sources you change the topic to something else .

You have been proven wrong time and again but then you continue posting stuff that doesn't prove in anyways that Pakistan is doing better than India . It does not deserve a response .

Everyone is not as obsessed as you are .

how ignorant can u be of u'r enemy.....these pakistanis r so jealous......they dont even bother to recognize facts.......we Indians off course c china as a rival.....but always recognize the developments that they r making and continuously upgrade ourselves and take corrective measures to remain competitive with china............but these pakistanis r so blind in hatred toward their enemies that they r too myopic to c any positives out of their enemy......

Isn't it hilarious?

We have a pakistani arguing about quality of Indian education. :rofl::rofl:

You ll have just have to take my word for it, the figures are straight from the Ministry of HRD, India. ;)

But I said earlier, all the figures can be independently verified from the internet through google. Some of the figures from the table,

Besides as you can see the official figure in 2007, was 66 Million, so 85 million in 2011 isn't really that far fetched is it?

This episode has actually proven what a fake this person is.

Someone who can believe that India has a secondary education pass rate of 0.9% while Pakistan has a rate of 22.5% and actually make a song and dance about it, needs to be in an asylum.

The IITs are medicore, yet so many IITians are heading or are major honchos in major international companies?

Many US companies hire IITians just based on their degrees. People like Bill Gates have praised the quality of IIT graduates.

Frankly I have nothing but contempt for people who scavenge any data they can get without understanding what it means.

The 0.9% thingy totally gave away your incapability to comprehend even very basic data.

India and Pakistan are in different leagues. Nothing you write in that pathetic blog will change that.

You would better focus on improving Pakistan's HDI index rather than obsessing about India.

Those IITians are few in number for a nation of billion+, and almost all of the really successful ones have advanced degrees from US and Europe.

And no one deserves contempt more than those who lack the ability to respond in a civil manner with reasonable arguments and data.

As to your HDI brag, it's nothing to write home about for "Shining India" when it lags behind countries like Bangladesh and Pakistan on basics like life expectancy and lags behind Pakistan on education.

Pakistan ahead of India on human development indices: UN report - Hindustan Times

Back
Top Bottom