• Good

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
India avoids growth downgrade by IMF | Business Line

India is the only country in the BRICS grouping that has avoided a growth downgrade by IMF as it retained the country’s economic expansion forecast at 5.4 per cent for the current fiscal.

The latest World Economic Outlook by IMF retained the growth projection at 5.4 per cent in 2014-15, while for the next fiscal it has maintained a stronger growth rate at 6.4 per cent.
The BRICS grouping comprises of Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. While Russia is expected to grow at 0.9 per cent, a downgrade by 1.1 per cent, for China it is 7.4 per cent down by 0.2 per cent for 2014.

Guys, I'm sure you guys remember me posting here about some pioneering water desal technology that my research supervisor's firm had come up with that the GoI was very interested in.

I just received an email from him that the GoI has invested $500,000 (3cr INR) in a joint venture with 49% stake, to start a pilot plant in Rajasthan.

I'm sure you guys remember it was barely a month or so ago that my supervisor first met with a couple of CommMinn reps for talks.

@Abingdonboy @Dillinger @anyone else who is interested :)

Guys, I'm sure you guys remember me posting here about some pioneering water desal technology that my research supervisor's firm had come up with that the GoI was very interested in.

I just received an email from him that the GoI has invested $500,000 (3cr INR) in a joint venture with 49% stake, to start a pilot plant in Rajasthan.

I'm sure you guys remember it was barely a month or so ago that my supervisor first met with a couple of CommMinn reps for talks.

Some details please.

What sort of water desalination are we talking about, as in what sort of technology?

What is the scope of the pilot project?

Dish it out if you can.

AND CONGRATULATIONS!

Some details please.

What sort of water desalination are we talking about, as in what sort of technology?

What is the scope of the pilot project?

Dish it out if you can.

AND CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks! :)

It works with solvent extraction rather than reverse osmosis which is currently used in commercial desalination. We also produce sea salt as opposed to the salty brine that is currently the byproduct. Two revenue streams :D

We're lowering the cost of desalinated water from $0.78/m^3 to $0.44/m^3. In other words, we hope to be pricing them out of the market.

In water scarce countries like India and Singapore, this is incredible.

We also have confirmation of intent in writing of a $25M investment if our output and costing levels match that which we claimed in the proposal.

To add; the entire setup for a 10000m^3/day plant can fit inside of a space the size of a shipping container. Military vessels, far flung mine sites anyone?

edit: Just noticed that Squadron Leader is spelled incorrectly on my jacket.

Dude you made my day :yahoo::yahoo: & Congratulations,this clearly shows the intentions of the new govt

Thanks! :)

It works with solvent extraction rather than reverse osmosis which is currently used in commercial desalination. We also produce sea salt as opposed to the salty brine that is currently the byproduct. Two revenue streams :D

We're lowering the cost of desalinated water from $0.78/m^3 to $0.44/m^3. In other words, we hope to be pricing them out of the market.

In water scarce countries like India and Singapore, this is incredible.

We also have confirmation of intent in writing of a $25M investment if our output and costing levels match that which we claimed in the proposal.

To add; the entire setup for a 10000m^3/day plant can fit inside of a space the size of a shipping container. Military vessels, far flung mine sites anyone?

edit: Just noticed that Squadron Leader is spelled incorrectly on my jacket.

Which firm?

Mashallah!

This should be one of those driving technologies!

Whoa! That's incredible! Is the speed at which the GoI has moved on this is surprising to anyone or just me?

Also could you tell me if this is world-leading tech or are there others out there doing similar work in other countries?

Which firm?

Mashallah!

This should be one of those driving technologies!

Rather not say as I'm not really meant to be posting this all over the Internet but we also have a smaller pilot plant under construction in Singapore. That's been under the SPRING Singapore initiative. I should also add that I have NOT worked on this technology, my research supervisor is simply the founder of the firm and my research is under its wing.

@Abingdonboy

As far as I'm aware, this is world pioneering technology,we'll be filing a patent/s soon.

And I believe this was directly from the MinComm/PMO as the aforementioned supervisor met with a PMO secretary in India as well.

Rather not say as I'm not really meant to be posting this all over the Internet but we also have a smaller pilot plant under construction in Singapore. That's been under the SPRING Singapore initiative. I should also add that I have NOT worked on this technology, my research supervisor is simply the founder of the firm and my research is under its wing.

@Abingdonboy

As far as I'm aware, this is world pioneering technology,we'll be filing a patent/s soon.

And I believe this was directly from the MinComm/PMO as the aforementioned supervisor met with a PMO secretary in India as well.

& the one in Rajastan will be bigger Right?

Yes, the build in Singapore has a max output of about 1000m^3/day (enough for a suburb) the one in India should be about 10x that (a small town).
Are you building it by doing a JV with an Indian Company or on your own

Are you building it by doing a JV with an Indian Company or on your own

Fabrication will be done by Indian companies I assume, operations will be done through the JV.

Nothing is set in stone and I'm not privy to all the information about the project.

Madhya Pradesh keen to turn Chambal Valley into industrial area | Business Line

The State Government has already started levelling the ravines and is eager to give away the land for industrial use.
But if the ravine areas are to be developed on a large scale, then funding from the industry is essential. Therefore we are inviting investors for the Global Investors Summit,” Chouhan said.

He added that with the Central Government announcing 49 per cent FDI (foreign direct investment) in the defence Sector, the State Government is looking at this as an opportunity to develop defence production units in the State.

Centre to help AP generate 4,000 MW of solar power | Business Line

The Union Government is planning to give a big solar power push to Andhra Pradesh. The Centre will help set up the State add 4,000 MW of solar power in the next two years, making it a leader in solar power in the country. Anantapur district will be made the solar power hub of the country.

Back
Top Bottom