How is the plan?

• Good

Votes: 161 61.7%
  • Average

Votes: 53 20.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 47 18.0%

• Total voters
India's infrastructure output growth rises to 7.3 pct, hits 9-month high in June - Financial Express

industries31july.jpg

Forex Reserves Rise to $320.56 Billion: RBI

India's foreign exchange reserves rose to $320.56 billion as of July 25, compared with $317.85 billion in the week earlier, the Reserve Bank of India said on Friday.

Changes in foreign currency assets, expressed in dollar terms, include the effect of appreciation or depreciation of other currencies held in its reserves, the RBI said in its weekly statistical supplement.

Foreign exchange reserves include India's Reserve Tranche position in the International Monetary Fund.

Copyright: Thomson Reuters 2014

The government plans to hold an auction of airwaves for mobile phone network operators in February next year and aims to raise an initial $1.5 billion (Rs. 9,355 crore), according to a draft government plan seen by Reuters.

The Department of Telecommunications plans to sell radio wave frequencies in the 800, 900 and 1800 megahertz bands in the auction that is planned to open on February 3, according to the memorandum.

The government is expecting to raise Rs. 9,355 crore from the auction during the current fiscal year ending March 2015 although total revenues from the auction would be much higher as carriers are required to pay up to a third of the winning price initially and the remainder in instalments over a number of years.

India Plans $1.5 Billion Cellphone Air Waves Auction in February - NDTVProfit.com

I have heard that Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka is opposed to the idea of GST.

can anyone explain to me why?

:unsure:

@Bang Galore @Indischer

also, does anyone have the GDP figures for Indian states in dollar terms?

Thank you in advance.

I have heard that Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Karnataka is opposed to the idea of GST.

@Bang Galore @Indischer

also, does anyone have the GDP figures for Indian states in dollar terms?

Thank you in advance.
Karnataka is Cong ruled,as soon as their govt's term ends the GST will be pushed through,Jaya has very good understanding with Modi so somehow we will be able figure out a way to push the GST.Now kerala is Commie land,not sure what tactic we will use there

@Bang Galore @Indischer

No one really opposed. Everyone wants a larger share of the pie. Karnataka's VAT system is probably the most sophisticated & best run in the whole country. Going into GST will pretty much be ceding control to the centre & then wait for your share to be given. They are still arguing about compensation for any potential revenue loss. That's about it. GST will pretty much change the country's GDP around, probably add 1-2%. We need it immediately. The BJP was wrong to oppose it when in opposition, Anyone now doing the same is still wrong.

Back
Top Bottom