What's new

Indian chopper forced to land in Olding, Pakistan, after violating airspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helicopter trap in air tunnel. Usually form by high winds between mountains. This show Pak-India has 24/7 secured communication
lines, otherwise it would have been downed.

Well, one question though, who vectored in the jets, if jets were involved. in the hilly and mountainous corridors of the northern areas, it is difficult to keep track of a 150mph heli, and vector a jet to it's position. AWACS? most probably not. Ground soldiers definitely not, so IMO, it could be that the heli, having fuel capacity for 2 and a half hours with fuel tanks, was running out of fuel because of wrong navigation due to weather, and saw a helipad, thinking of it as Pakistani, and landed there. Just one possible scenario.

Not much you can do inside Pakistan with an Aérospatiale Alouette, the choice of helicopter showed that there were no malignant designs. In such a situation, protocol demands that the crew be debriefed and the case sent to the formation or the GHQ(if deemed necessary) for future course of action.
It's good of PA to let them off quick, would have been a real tense situation for their family had they been kept longer. Maybe they can help dispel the standing notion that all Pakistanis are hot headed mullahs who would love to lynch a non-muslim.
This, the MV Suez crisis, MFN status for India along with India's support for Pakistan's 7th stint at the UNSC shows that relations are thawing and I hope we can move towards normalcy of relations in the future. The Quaid never hoped we would be complete opposites of each other, he was content with a "Loose Federation". I hope I would live to see "Friendly" relations between both countries.

Not much you can do inside Pakistan with an Aérospatiale Alouette, the choice of helicopter showed that there were no malignant designs. In such a situation, protocol demands that the crew be debriefed and the case sent to the formation or the GHQ(if deemed necessary) for future course of action.
It's good of PA to let them off quick, would have been a real tense situation for their family had they been kept longer. Maybe they can help dispel the standing notion that all Pakistanis are hot headed mullahs who would love to lynch a non-muslim.
This, the MV Suez crisis, MFN status for India along with India's support for Pakistan's 7th stint at the UNSC shows that relations are thawing and I hope we can move towards normalcy of relations in the future. The Quaid never hoped we would be complete opposites of each other, he was content with a "Loose Federation". I hope I would live to see "Friendly" relations between both countries.

you got my vote:tup:

I apologize if you were the object of nightmares after a few gunmen played havoc in your city.

that was an unnecessary statement.
10 people did come from Pakistan didn't they!
Maybe he sounded rude but the reply was equally condemnable.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Indians and Pakistanis please stop exchanging heated arguments atleast in this thread.
This is a good gesture shown by Pakistan's army.

it should be ascertained as to WHY this chopper deviated into our territory

Pakistan has released the crew and the helicopter after doing their own investigation.

1. It was a light helicopter cheetah famously named as siachen scooter with maximum crew load in it.
2. There was no surveillance equipment in it.
3. It is a very old design with not that sophisticated navigational capabilities.
4. The place they landed is not that far away from LOC.
5. Its a disputed territory anyways as commonly described by Pakistani Awam.

Whether it was forced to land or not will be revealed by the crew. Also why it sneaked into *** has to be ascertained by InA.

As far as the point scoring of returning the plane and crew is concern then there have been many incidents like this even intentional voilation but crew and Planes were returned back to offender most of the times, irrespective of hostility. You keep our crew and helli we will asscelate the issue, its your call. The sence has prevailed, too prompt and too textbook.

Thanks PA and GoP anyways.

The ten people did come from Pakistan but were not representative of our people or our government.
Harshad's reply seemed to indicate as if they were.
Santro's response does not seek to demean anyone or to hurt the sentiments of Mumbaikers who had to bear the attack but only stress on the above mentioned point.

The ten people did come from Pakistan but were not representative of our people or our government.
Harshad's reply seemed to indicate as if they were.
Santro's response does not seek to demean anyone or to hurt the sentiments of Mumbaikers who had to bear the attack but only stress on the above mentioned point.

I know they don't represent Pakistan atleast the Civilians (or Govt.).
But its that when we ask to take action against terrorist Pakistan replies that they are victims of terror this and that but When China asks them the govt. doesn't make any such statements.
We do get hurt by these attitude of Pakistan govt.
Hope everything settles and peace prevails and i get to taste those awesome foods in Karachi:tongue:

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Indians and Pakistanis please stop exchanging heated arguments atleast in this thread.
This is a good gesture shown by Pakistan's army.

I did not send them.. I dont know them.. the GoP sure does not know them..
10 people out of a population of millions.. were responsible.
10 people were so determined and sinister in their designs that they were able to effect a country of a billion.
it is no laughing matter, it is no demeaning comment.
Pakistan must act on these elements, otherwise its non-existent credibility will remain that way.
But anger after experiencing terror attacks is understandable.. and I have been observing this in a select few here repeatedly.

Therefore I suggest India implement disaster stress management for all those effected by the Mumbai Attacks and still suffering from the effects.
The most common symptoms of stress include irritability, anger, fatigue, loss of appetite, sleeplessness, nightmares, sadness, depression, headaches, nausea, hyperactivity, lack of concentration, and increased alcohol and drug abuse.

And the anger in that statement echoes such an experience.

no need to bring up mumbai attacks or any of that unrelated stuff here.....

good work to the Armed Forces for being alert, and demonstrating professionalism.

:pakistan:

Pakistan has released the crew and the helicopter after doing their own investigation.

1. It was a light helicopter cheetah famously named as siachen scooter with maximum crew load in it.
2. There was no surveillance equipment in it.
3. It is a very old design with not that sophisticated navigational capabilities.
4. The place they landed is not that far away from LOC.
5. Its a disputed territory anyways as commonly described by Pakistani Awam.

Whether it was forced to land or not will be revealed by the crew. Also why it sneaked into *** has to be ascertained by InA.

As far as the point scoring of returning the plane and crew is concern then there have been many incidents like this even intentional voilation but crew and Planes were returned back to offender most of the times, irrespective of hostility. You keep our crew and helli we will asscelate the issue, its your call. The sence has prevailed, too prompt and too textbook.

Thanks PA and GoP anyways.

please don't teach us man ok what if someone fire anza on its when it was crossing border? its happen last time ok . at this time pak army done a great job and you are still living in hate valley

Well, one question though, who vectored in the jets, if jets were involved. in the hilly and mountainous corridors of the northern areas, it is difficult to keep track of a 150mph heli, and vector a jet to it's position. AWACS? most probably not. Ground soldiers definitely not, so IMO, it could be that the heli, having fuel capacity for 2 and a half hours with fuel tanks, was running out of fuel because of wrong navigation due to weather, and saw a helipad, thinking of it as Pakistani, and landed there. Just one possible scenario.
I'm with you there! That's the most logical explanation. Bad weather - resulting in navigational errors - running out of fuel - landing at the nearest HP (or suitable landing area).

I don't believe that the chopper was 'forced' to land as some here have mentioned, as there is no way any communication is possible between infantry units there and the chopper pilot. Sending fighter jets or some other aircraft to look for a chopper the size of a fly in bad weather is most unlikely! And utilizing AWACs is over kill!

I did not send them.. I dont know them.. the GoP sure does not know them..
10 people out of a population of millions.. were responsible.
10 people were so determined and sinister in their designs that they were able to effect a country of a billion.
it is no laughing matter, it is no demeaning comment.
Pakistan must act on these elements, otherwise its non-existent credibility will remain that way.
But anger after experiencing terror attacks is understandable.. and I have been observing this in a select few here repeatedly.

Therefore I suggest India implement disaster stress management for all those effected by the Mumbai Attacks and still suffering from the effects.
The most common symptoms of stress include irritability, anger, fatigue, loss of appetite, sleeplessness, nightmares, sadness, depression, headaches, nausea, hyperactivity, lack of concentration, and increased alcohol and drug abuse.

And the anger in that statement echoes such an experience.

We have taken care of the above

Pakistan has to take care of the above

the GoP sure does not know them

now they do but no action yet!

As an Indian this is how it is. As a Pakistani it will be different for you but unless there is a convergence of views this mistrust will continue.

we can discuss this endlessly lets get back to the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom