What's new

Indian Brahmos missle crashes in Mian Channo

Anyways, we will have follow-up news and update on this and only then can we decide in which direction things are heading.

This can also spiral out of control due to political charged atmosphere where the opposition can lash out and flare sentiments against govt if it doesn't take a offensive posture to this incident and on other hand, the govt can also hype up about it and sail through no-confidence motion etc.

I won't claim to have any inside info at the moment, but I do not believe we have any air defence systems specific to this sort of threat in that specific region. Happy to be corrected though.

Moreover, even if we did, I do not think that once the track has been identified as not being an aircraft would be intercepted by those systems within that region. Ofcourse, other air defence activities would have been put in motion though.

This whole episode is intersting though. I am not familiar with navigational systems and such, but I have read that GLONASS is being messed up with...so who knows? Maybe it was a guiance error?

Or maybe it was an attempt to judge our anti-missile capabilities...if it was, then at least they have no clue whether we do have such a system or not because we didn't shoot it down!
No mate.

Reaction time has been tested. Now wait for the real deal.
Sab acha hai

the term internet warrior is applied to almost everyone who raises questions that needs to be answered. by no mean i m and most of us here are military experts but that should not deprive us to ask and question the capability of a state institution that is solely responsible for the security of the state.
just thought, if this had been done by Pakistan, all of the west , usa and india would have labeled this an act of war, and sanctions would have been on the way by now.
The so called Balakot incident was a deliberate action by India and Pakistan retaliated by first promising a response and then delivering the promise, this time we are not even sure if it was on purpose or a malfunction, India hasn't come up with any explanation as yet and Pakistan doesn't always have to promise a response by saying it first.

The missile was without warhead. Clear intent it was on the test flight. What they trying to achieve by sending a disarmed missile? Simple very simple, they wanted to see the reaction, response of Pakistan’s AD and evaluate the capabilities. What i understand so far from this entire episode, they actually trying to test Pakistan’s capability of intercepting incoming “Super Sonic” missile. Now the dull response of ISPar clearly tells the end story. Pakistan doesnt poses any credible deterrence against India’s Brahmos missile and thats what Indians wanted to know.

It was intentional, deliberate attempt. Pakistan’s mil response was “shit” all i can say. Badly exposed and clearly evident, we dont have any capability to shot down SSM.

No mate.

Reaction time has been tested. Now wait for the real deal.
Sab acha hai
if my theory is correct that it was shot down, then indians won't be doing anything anytime soon. they were probably trying to test if we were capable of shooting it down since to date, no super sonic cruise missile has ever been shot down.

The Indians recently cancelled their training exercises of 100+ aircraft - so they could be up to something.

The lack of NOTAM suggests - this was a deliberate action?

PAF cannot afford to shoot down an airliner etc - hence the caution in general - ie take the hit versus make that mistake.

BTW - No one in the international news is picking up this event at all right now..

sonic boom of what? brahmos was already super sonic since it was in the injun air space. it was intercepted, that much is clear. ISPR is being silent about the interception.

that's not how sonic booms work. it happens once when going super sonic. for it to happen again, it has to go subsonic and then super sonic again which did not happen as per the press conference. it only increased its speed from mach 2 to mach 3, didn't decrease.
Common misconception is that sonic boom happens at the instant something goes supersonic. This is INCORRECT.

Actually what people perceive as a sonic boom is the Mach cone (shock cone) passing you buy:

This is WHY the concorde couldn't fly over the continental US. If what you thought was true there was no problem since the boom would only happen once. But it happens everywhere the plane flies supersonic.

this is a watershed moment in history of the world. we are not able to grasp what has just happened in last 24hrs.

Exactly, dint go through the entire press brief but the use of words like "this object/thing" really sounded embarrassing atleast say aircraft or weapon whatever. It's like we have no clue about this miracle machine!
Caught totally off-gaurd

it does not look good for Pakistani armed forces as well..look how they used the wording in 26-feb-19 anybody remember "Payload" today we have seen "Flying Object"

ISPR is afraid to use word missile. because Australian Cricket team will go back. situation will get worse

So you're saying India fired a missile and our armed forces are not acknowledging and responding because they fear disruption of a random cricket series? Armed forces wouldn't bother even if there were heads of states gathering here.

On the contrary, Australian team or any international delegation would further put India in a bad light with all the press stories starting "an Unprovoked attack by India at Pakistan when the xyz team was visiting"

Some of you seriously need to calm down and stop getting so hyper over everything.

In PEACETIME a single supersonic object from India entered Pak airspace, that AD was already monitoring, what do you guys expect? Fire off SAMs without any confirmation of what it is? Launch SAMs that may risk hitting civilian airliners? Nuke India even though its possibly a big blunder on their part and possibly not intentional?

PAF was monitoring the object, probably had CAP to intercept it on the way, and probably didn't see it (they know more than us) as some form of strike. So if they are so calm, why are you all so hyper?

Lets wait and see Indians response, let's embarass them to the world some more, and let's have a closer look at whatever crashed.

Remember what a wise man once said - YOU WILL NEVER SURPRISE US! So have some faith in your armed forces.

This might sound like a stupid question, but which civillian aircrafts go supersonic? i assume they are all subsonic? I thought Concorde were the only ones.

if my theory is correct that it was shot down, then indians won't be doing anything anytime soon. they were probably trying to test if we were capable of shooting it down since to date, no super sonic cruise missile has ever been shot down.
deleted

Sir, since you're one of the most respected Indian Members here, i'll answer the question with this.

Notice the similarities...

As for DG-ISPR not mentioning the term 'Missile' and/or 'BrahMos' is him playing it safe as to not get quoted in either media until your side responds.

I'm pretty certain both the PAF & DG-ISPR know exactly what its is...

867bac0f163c70a21dc75386be32966e.jpg

Looks like that booster doesn’t drop off and instead remains on.. but the flight path makes sense..

now here is a theory @JamD @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @kursed did the missile dive too much? In other words another case of incorrectly fed data?
Mian Channu is about 500ft msl so did the system assume an incorrect terminal altitude and just slammed in there?

It would thicken the plot

867bac0f163c70a21dc75386be32966e.jpg

Looks like that booster doesn’t drop off and instead remains on.. but the flight path makes sense..

now here is a theory @JamD @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @kursed did the missile dive too much? In other words another case of incorrectly fed data?
Mian Channu is about 500ft msl so did the system assume an incorrect terminal altitude and just slammed in there?

It would thicken the plot
Odds of them repeating the same mistake TWICE?

Mian Channu is at the absolute limit of its range. Now that range is artificial because of MTCR, but India has no reason to stick to that range anymore. So it could be an older range-limited model or an error as you say or a mission to just poke and see how far it goes.

this was a probing strike to see how we react or dont react.

this was an Indian test of our response ability and capability to intercept , track or shoot it down. and also our diplomatic response.

what happened to drone is secondary issue
there will never be a definite answer. but Indians got their answer
they either managed to expose our weakness to physically stop the attack or exposed our high tech air defense system which might have "alleged" brought this dud down.

had it been Pakistani Babur missile test then France, UK and US would've started a UNSC meeting on instructions of India by now.

our capability to shoot down drone is unclear, our diplomatic response or reaction was clearly weak and nonexistent.

Back
Top Bottom