What's new

Indian Army News & Discussions

What the IA is trying to do is convert and arty shell into Brahmos cruise missile i never heared a bigger joke in my life than this

cruise missile is not a like a paper plane which can india make with artilery shells and i tell u what u indians alwyas think that u can built defence equipment yes u did made defence equipment but always faulty examples are Arjun Tank, dhuv Helicopter and u new nuke submarine which made indigenously is going to be another big failure

i know ..then you have nothing to worry about..

Awesome pictures but isn't the news kinda old?

The next gen Assault rifle for the F-INSAS looks awesome

There is a lot of corruption in selection of Jawans(Soldiers) in India. But there is no corruption in recruitment of officers as they are selected by all India entrance held by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission), like entrance for NDA (National Defense Academy) and CDS (Combined Defense Service). After 6th pay commission a Jawan in Indian Army must be getting Rs.9,000-Rs.12,000 if I am not wrong. Apart from salary they got a lot of other benefit like concession on Railway travel, can access various FMCG good at a very subsidized rate from Army canteen, Medical..etc.
Thanks to Indian Media for exposing these things.

You may be right that regarding the Officers, but when the report says "using undergarments of a particular company as a code to get their candidates identified and passed through the physical and medical tests" then i personally think that this refers to the selection of Officers also, as during the selection coding of results, involvement of more than one Selectors (to avoid personal favorites) and leakage of information on the performance of individuals during selection process is only on need to know basis, and this kind of secrecy is exercised mostly when selecting Officers.

You may be right that regarding the Officers, but when the report says "using undergarments of a particular company as a code to get their candidates identified and passed through the physical and medical tests" then i personally think that this refers to the selection of Officers also, as during the selection coding of results, involvement of more than one Selectors (to avoid personal favorites) and leakage of information on the performance of individuals during selection process is only on need to know basis, and this kind of secrecy is exercised mostly when selecting Officers.

As you are not an India, I can't let u understand about the exams undertaken by UPSC. Now a days there are very little or no corruption in recruitment exams held by UPSC. If tomorrow someone say entrance held for IIT,IIM are rigged, I would never beleive it.
Anyway if there is any corruption going on, it is great that Indian media is exposing them. Just wana thanks channels like NDTV, TimesNow.

well they are paying 1.5 Lakh for a higher position in the army maybe Officer from the start.

They all start as jawans in the Army....
I don't know the pakistani equivalent...

They raise to the rank of captain.major ....and that too if they show exceptional bravery in battle field. (Awards such as param veer chakra and stuff)

And with the recent recession everywhere many people are applying for the government jobs , the selection of officers are very transparent which is conducted by UPSC, and the recruitment of the jawans happens through regional ARC ( Army recruitment centers ) , I hope after this incidence there should be greater transparency .

As you are not an India, I can't let u understand about the exams undertaken by UPSC. Now a days there are very little or no corruption in recruitment exams held by UPSC. If tomorrow someone say entrance held for IIT,IIM are rigged, I would never beleive it.
Anyway if there is any corruption going on, it is great that Indian media is exposing them. Just wana thanks channels like NDTV, TimesNow.

Again you may be right, the story may not hold guud for the Officers' selection, but 1.5 lac for being enrolled as a soldier in an Asian Army is kinda 'too much'.

As for the exams taken by the UPSC i might be having a fair idea of it as we come from the same breed i.e. from the British role model, but let's not get into the details as it might lead to cross-age of lines.

Paying 1.5 for getting into army is justified. The government of India has given so many privileges to the Indian Soldiers that despite an average pay, people are tempted to join the army. At an officers post the Indian army is given government flats, pensions, reservation, free traveling across the country in public transports, reservations for their children in school and colleges, also a huge pension plan after retirement....The Officer is allowed to do another job after retirement and the pensions would still be given......!

This doesn't affect national security a much because even after they are recruited they undergo rigorous training! Still an unfit man cant be allowed to stay in the army!

Paying 1.5 for getting into army is justified. The government of India has given so many privileges to the Indian Soldiers that despite an average pay, people are tempted to join the army. At an officers post the Indian army is given government flats, pensions, reservation, free traveling across the country in public transports, reservations for their children in school and colleges, also a huge pension plan after retirement....The Officer is allowed to do another job after retirement and the pensions would still be given......!

This doesn't affect national security a much because even after they are recruited they undergo rigorous training! Still an unfit man cant be allowed to stay in the army!

Phew!
i was unnecessarily under the impression that the Officer and Men of Pakistan Army in particular and the Armed Forces in general are the most privileged lot on earth.
Thnx!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom