What's new

Indian Army News & Discussions

Its show piece for exercise with foreign forces to save them self from embarrassment
Here they actually got
1%201_1461235348.jpg

hqdefault.jpg
Date of this video

Change in customs rules raises price of M-777 howitzers guns meant for China border by over 10%
By Manu Pubby, ET Bureau | Sep 13, 2016, 02.26 AM IST
Post a Comment

READ MORE ON » Mahindra Defence | foreign military | Defence ministry | China | bureaucratic hurdle ..

NEW DELHI: A $700-million deal to procure light artillery guns for deployment on the China border has hit a bureaucratic hurdle at the last mile. The price has gone up by over 10% after the government withdrew customs duty exemption for military imports.

The deal for M-777 howitzers — being processed as a direct government to government purchase from the US — was negotiated and finalised before April, when import of arms and ammunition for use by the defence forces were eligible for customs duty exemption.

Accordingly, the defence ministry budgeted over $700 million to purchase 145 of the howitzers, with a clause that they would be integrated, assembled and tested domestically as part of the 'Make in India' initiative.

Now, with the cost gone up by over 10% due to the change in rules, the defence ministry has to clear paperwork for an amended amount. Officials that ET spoke with said that it was just a matter of accounting — the extra money would stay within government coffers, either as tax or as duty waived off.

BAE Systems, which manufactures the gun and has a partnership with Mahindra Defence to assemble it in India, said in a statement to ET: "This is a matter between the Governments of India and the United States to deliberate and comment.

BAE Systems stands by ready to support discussions to progress the Foreign Military Sale of M-777 Lightweight Howitzers to contract agreement and deliver the combat-proven 'Make in India' M-777 to the Indian Army at an advantageous price with early deliveries.

Read more at:
http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...ofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Attachments

• page-2-1.jpg
    page-2-1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 31
India-US Army Exercise YUDH ABHYAS 2016 commences today at Chaubatia, Uttarakhand. Images from the opening ceremony and first interactions between troops.

The US contingent is represented by a Company of 5th Infantry Battalion, 20 Infantry Regiment, 2 Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 7 Infantry Division, US Army while the Indian side was represented by an Infantry Battalion.

FB_IMG_1473944190065.jpg
FB_IMG_1473944186998.jpg
FB_IMG_1473944182886.jpg
FB_IMG_1473937858225.jpg
FB_IMG_1473937855539.jpg
received_947194958725999.jpeg
received_947194928726002.jpeg
FB_IMG_1473937849030.jpg

India-US Army Exercise YUDH ABHYAS 2016 commences today at Chaubatia, Uttarakhand. Images from the opening ceremony and first interactions between troops.

The US contingent is represented by a Company of 5th Infantry Battalion, 20 Infantry Regiment, 2 Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 7 Infantry Division, US Army while the Indian side was represented by an Infantry Battalion.

View attachment 334576 View attachment 334577 View attachment 334578 View attachment 334580 View attachment 334582 View attachment 334583 View attachment 334584 View attachment 334585

I got high hopes of seeing something new in YA-16. I think this is also the first instance of US army in this exercise using Multicam pattern? Seeing how the previous interactions with American personnel may have led to Indian forces getting interested in trying out ACP/MARPAT camos, let's hope the Multicam gives the Army some ideas too.

@Abingdonboy

I got high hopes of seeing something new in YA-16. I think this is also the first instance of US army in this exercise using Multicam pattern? Seeing how the previous interactions with American personnel may have led to Indian forces getting interested in trying out ACP/MARPAT camos, let's hope the Multicam gives the Army some ideas too.

@Abingdonboy
Agreed, I always look forward to this series as they often throw up some surprises.

As for multicam, it is a good looking (and from what I have heard very well liked) uniform but I do t really have much of an issue with the standard IA DPM, what I'd wish they would adopt is a desert pattern as long as their standard woodland design, it is behind ludicrous to see soldiers running around in the deserts in their green camo.

Just as an aside, the Garuds have already tested the Multicam pattern.

RISING SUN said:
Doesn't matter now, does it. There were more than 12000 soldiers sleeping in temporary shelter. But does Indian government has guts to do things straight on face. I say Pakistan has the guts to do n support things on face as they have repeatedly done it even if you check for last 15-20 years if not looking for last 70 years. India has been always weak and will remain weak in front of Pakistan. And believe me when I say they will keep getting away with out any reprisals, that has happened, that is happening and that will again happen in future. We all know defense forces will keep taking hits after hits and government & politicians will keep repeating same lines of RIP or medals or anything similar. But what forces don't know is that they will never ever get permission to go on offensive footing no matter how much their comrades die or many of us break our keyboards in frustration. That is the cruel truth and I have accepted it after Mumbai attacks. Indian government doesn't have the "Bal!s" to reply back straightforwardly

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/17-india...istance-fighters.449911/page-40#ixzz4KbhD2wSw

True.
This could trigger a lot of things now, like override the INDUS treaty, covert op. But will our politicians show the courage to let our soldiers avenge it?

True.
This could trigger a lot of things now, like override the INDUS treaty, covert op. But will our politicians show the courage to let our soldiers avenge it?

Indian Establishment

Day 1-5 =>Punishment to perpetrators.Revenge, etc.
Day 6-45=>We are taking necessary steps.

Day 45- 365 => Protest in UN, cry to Russia, USA, and what not...

Day 366-700=> Dossiers , More Dossiers , yet more

Day 701-1000=> NO cricket !

Day 1000+ => Aisa kuch hua tha kya ?

Day 1500=> Another attack , more casualty , every thing repeats.

Indian Public

Day 1 => MC saale , inko ghar me ghus ke marenge....

Day 1, few hours later => Are suno, wo shukla ne new induction cooktop liya....

Day ## (Election Day ) => I will vote for XYZ. Free Electricity, free WIFI, Free .......

Day 1501=> MC , BC.......

I do not expect anything to change. We Indians donate our balls ,conscious and logic before coming to earth....

India can't afford any invasion in P0K China will intervene. Best is to do covert operation make them affording terrorism hell. Everything else including distruption in IWT will lead India to lose diplomatic upper hand over Pakistan.

Last edited:
I do not expect anything to change. We Indians donate our balls ,conscious and logic before coming to earth
MARCOS op( after Kargil) and Myanmar op give me a confidence that something will be done about it, but we might not come to know of it for another 3-4years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom