What's new

India will not play cricket with Pak if it harbours Dawood,continues dialogue with Hurriyat:BCCI

Maybe enough, may not be....It is the PCB that seeks to get India to tour, not the reverse. Btw, your central contracts for your national team is less than most Ranji Trophy players make in a season.
I don't think that is correct, even though yes BCCI is financially very strong-IPL, yes you could say. All in all PCB is no longer facing financial problems from a long time and players are doing quite well.
On topic: in time when situation calms, BCCI would be the one contacting PCB to play a series, it's more than just about money.

I don't think that is correct, even though yes BCCI is financially very strong-IPL, yes you could say. All in all PCB is no longer facing financial problems from a long time and players are doing quite well. .

I should have been more specific & said some of your players with PCB central contracts earn on par with Ranji players. Especially C&D category & probably even B category if you look at the currency difference. The difference with the Indian test team is huge (and I'm not counting either endorsements or even IPL contracts which are all massive).

On topic: in time when situation calms, BCCI would be the one contacting PCB to play a series, it's more than just about money

Not really. This is not the Pakistan team from the 80's or the 90's, there is not much interest in most of your players. With the exception of Wahab Riaz, I don't think there would be much interest in your players even if they were allowed in the IPL. BCCI is all about the money, it would be interested in any tour (3rd country, Pakistan as host) simply because it guarantees Pakistan playing inside India too where BCCI stand to make good money. The point here is that BCCI is flush with money & needs Pakistan less than the reverse. In a situation like the present, BCCI is happy to toe the government's line. Remember that BCCI's secretary Anurag Thakur is a BJP member of parliament too. Hence one should look at his present statement with that piece of knowledge in the mind. If the government changes its stance, BCCI will follow. Not much it can do if the government does not allow it to play Pakistan.

I should have been more specific & said some of your players with PCB central contracts earn on par with Ranji players. Especially C&D category & probably even B category if you look at the currency difference. The difference with the Indian test team is huge (and I'm not counting either endorsements or even IPL contracts which are all massive).
Makes sense now. Too much money. BTW i read somewhere Hafeez pays more tax than our PM. :o:
Not really. This is not the Pakistan team from the 80's or the 90's, there is not much interest in most of your players. With the exception of Wahab Riaz, I don't think there would be much interest in your players even if they were allowed in the IPL.
Who are you kidding, Indian general public wants to see Pakistan-India matches, same case here. That was my point. Our team is competitive enough, especially in India, we have never failed to surprise, last series in India- how unpredictable was that. People want to see good cricket being played.
there is not much interest in most of your players.
Come on, Test team filled with champions, playing some grade a level test cricket, we have a good block. Our players are exciting enough. Same goes for other formats, good cricket being played.
If the government changes its stance, BCCI will follow. Not much it can do if the government does not allow it to play Pakistan.
My point exactly.

:D phir bhi phat rahi hai khailnay say
Koi baat nahin hum humaisha ki tarhan khayal rukhain gay aik do matches plate main rukh ker dey dain gay takay aainda bhi tournament hotay raheen :D ... Salay Chu..@ PCB walay humaisha half win ki baat ker Kay tournament laitay hain ...

Bhai we don't mind India Ager acchi team hai tau Acha khail ker haravay humain acha hai match ka maza aaway harnay ka bhi maza aaway yeh kia rona shuru ker daitay hain.

Aur munnay yeh stats kisi Aur ko dikhao first World Cup tau no doubt India nay jeeta tha and that was a deserving one muger yeh 2nd walay ko choor ho do tau behter hai :D humain pata hai sub :D.

:D phir bhi phat rahi hai khailnay say
Koi baat nahin hum humaisha ki tarhan khayal rukhain gay aik do matches plate main rukh ker dey dain gay takay aainda bhi tournament hotay raheen :D ... Salay Chu..@ PCB walay humaisha half win ki baat ker Kay tournament laitay hain ...

Bhai we don't mind India Ager acchi team hai tau Acha khail ker haravay humain acha hai match ka maza aaway harnay ka bhi maza aaway yeh kia rona shuru ker daitay hain.

Aur munnay yeh stats kisi Aur ko dikhao first World Cup tau no doubt India nay jeeta tha and that was a deserving one muger yeh 2nd walay ko choor ho do tau behter hai :D humain pata hai sub :D.

India will not play cricket with Pakistan if it harbours Dawood, continues dialogue with Hurriyat: BCCI secretary
By Sports Desk
Published: August 23, 2015

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) secretary Anurag Thakur said on Saturday there will be no revival of cricketing relations between the two nations if Pakistan harbours Dawood Ibrahim and continues dialogue with Hurriyat leaders.

“Dawood in Karachi. National Security Agency (NSA) wants to meet separatists here. Are you really serious about peace and you expect we’ll play cricket with you?” Thakur said in a twitter message, according to the Press Trust of India.

Thakur’s statement comes after in another blow to normalisation efforts between Pakistan and India, the scheduled talks between the national security advisers (NSAs) of the two neighbours were called off just hours before Sartaj Aziz, the prime minister’s adviser of national security and foreign affairs, was set to fly to New Delhi.

Earlier this week, Thakur had cited firing altercations between Pakistan and India along the Line of Control and Working Boundary as the reason for not playing with Pakistan, saying “cricket and terrorism” cannot go hand-in-hand.

“Peace on the borders is essential for a cricket match between India and Pakistan and no cricket match is possible under the shadow of unprovoked firing and bombardment at the border,” said Thakur.

According to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed by both the nations, India is supposed to play an away series against Pakistan in UAE. Pakistan Cricket Board chairman, Shahryar Khan, said in a statement earlier this month that he was hopeful that the BCCI will honour the MoU signed with Pakistan to play a series.

“We hope India honours the agreement. If they don’t, it would not be good.”

PCB has time and again offered to keep politics and cricket aside and even some players have echoed the board’s sentiments with Test captain Misbahul Haq stating, “I believe that Pakistan and India should be playing against each other in bilateral series regularly and playing cricket should not be linked to the overall political relations between the two nations,” he said.

However, the BCCI has always left matters to be handled by their government. Although the fate of the series looks gloom, the final verdict is yet to be decided.

This article originally appeared on NDTV.
--------------------------
Jaan chaada yaar, har do din baad topi drama, mai khaidana nay na sahee....

Why it is posted in Sport and it should be in Foreign Affair section and this Mr. whatever should be in foreign office of India. All things are in wrong places

I think it is just an excuse....india is really afraid of Pakistan cricket team's current performance against Sri lanka winning the series of test, ODIs and T20's comprehensively on the Sri lanka's home ground. While india finds it difficult to face Pakistan even in india with indian umpires

Here on we will only play with you in World Cups with official jingle "Mauka ...Mauka"...:P
Khelona hamaray saath khushboo laga ke

S3udVym.png

:pakistan:
Hahaha record says it all they dont want to be losing more

And we are also not want to play with you

And BCCI please dont play us also on ICC event to why ur policies changed there

This shows where you losse u run away where u win you play but one day it will change

I think name of the Tournament "indo-pak" is causing the problem in BCCI & Modi office
We're ready to play Cricket in India ...under the following names...to get the work done and keep uplifting the egos of Mr.MOdi and his fascist regime

1. Modi Cup
2. Gujrat Massacre Cup
3. Shiv Cena tri series
4. Nathoo Ram Gadsay Day night matches etc etc

By doing this RSS will allow pakistan to play in Mumbai and other stronghold cities where they've parallel shadow governemtn

Back
Top Bottom