What's new

India vs Pakistan: T20 World Cup 2012 Warm Up at Colombo

I think afridi should send on holiday until the end of this t20 world cup. very irresponsible batsman.. don't remember when he scored more than 15 runs..we have plenty of all rounder like razzaq, shoib, hafeez who can bat well .. its all about batting in t20..only exceptional bowlers don't get much runs otherwise sab bowlers ki dulahee hoti ha

I think afridi should send on holiday until the end of this t20 world cup. very irresponsible batsman.. don't remember when he scored more than 15 runs..we have plenty of all rounder like razzaq, shoib, hafeez who can bat well .. its all about batting in t20..only exceptional bowlers don't get much runs otherwise sab bowlers ki dulahee hoti ha

I do accept your point ..you can check his recent matches performance here - Afridi. But he is like a player who can come out any time like a roaring tiger and can attack either with ball or bat he can change the entire game in no time that's the only reason he still stood as the best players in the world. Anyway lets see will Afridi get back into form at this T20 World Cup 2012 ... cheers!! its time to enjoy the matches :yahoo:

Good match!

Kohli and Karman were a sight to behold in terms of batting.
Malik impressed with his extremely cool head and uncanny ability to pace his innings without taking huge risks...remember that many people were saying that his career is over, seems to me that he is still one of the most calm and confident batsmen in the middle order, maybe he should bat at no 5 and not no 7.

Gul and Ajmal need a third bowler to support them when the going gets tough.
We were counting on Afridi but he is out of form in bowling and that is why his confidence as a batsman is also low.
If he takes a few wickets, you can expect his batting to improve as well.
I hope we see him roar back into action, an amazingly charismatic player.

Maybe Pakistan shall have to drop Imran Nazir and Sami and include Razzaq and maybe Yasir Arafat both.
Imran is not clicking and sami is still the mysterious underachiever that was dropped from the team.

It is sad to see that Yasir was kept out for so long and was not given confidence in the national squad, even though we have needed a fast bowling all rounder since a few years now.
Same injustice is being done to Hammad Azam, i hope the selectors wake up.

Maybe Pakistan shall have to drop Imran Nazir and Sami and include Razzaq and maybe Yasir Arafat both.
Imran is not clicking and sami is still the mysterious underachiever that was dropped from the team.

It is sad to see that Yasir was kept out for so long and was not given confidence in the national squad, even though we have needed a fast bowling all rounder since a few years now.
Same injustice is being done to Hammad Azam, i hope the selectors wake up.

Agree with this.

Imran Nazir didn't perform in the Aussie series either. Get him out, promote Nasir to opening, and get Afridi on number 3 as before, or get in Umar Akmal there.

India should send irfan, zaheer,bhajji, ashwin up the order as pinch hitters and should rethink about sending gambhir as opener during powerplay where you require explosive batsman at both ends but he takes a bit more time to settle in

Agree with this.

Imran Nazir didn't perform in the Aussie series either. Get him out, promote Nasir to opening, and get Afridi on number 3 as before, or get in Umar Akmal there.

Agreed.
Imran Nazir is a phenomenal hitter but he fails a lot as well...

I think Umar is fine at no 3 which should be his slot in ODI as well, if he performs then nothing like it.
At least he should be tried for an extended run in this position.

Pakistan-cricketers-Kamran-Akmal-Shoaib-Malik-600x394.jpg

Malik, not wanting to be left out of the party, joined in and even out did Akmal when it came to the strike rate. PHOTO: AFP

Express News reported- “Kamran Akmal ne Dhoni ko dho dala!” (Kamran Akmal washed Dhoni away)

Geo News took it a step further and praised Shoaib Malik’s performance in a… rather unconventional way;

Geo News headline: “Shoaib Malik ne apnay susraal ko ruswaa kar dia, Sania Mirza mekkay ja betheen.” (Shoaib Malik disgraced his in-laws and Sania Mirza had to go home)

The warm up game against India confirmed Pakistan’s unpredictability on one hand and sounded the alarm for everyone else on the other.

The bowlers had an off day and were carted all around the ground by the Indian batting line-up with Virat Kohli being at the forefront. Except for Ajmal holding the fort, the likes of Gul and Afridi, two of the three highest wicket takers of all time in the format, had a dismal day and were rendered ineffective. To be fair, India’s batting line-up is the best in the business when it comes to the T-20 format, but still the bowling performance was the sort that would have made most Pakistani fans cringe in their seats.

Kohli’s run of form in the last year or so has been phenomenal.

He batted with elegance and had the confidence and the audacity to step out to the Pakistani spinners and hit them all around the park. He was ably supported by Rohit Sharma, who made 56 before being bowled by Saeed Ajmal. India’s fortune in the tournament rests with the likes of Kohli, Sharma and Raina, and seeing Sharma come back to form must be a relief for them.

At the half way time Indian players were sitting contentedly having posted a huge total on the board for the bowlers to defend. That feeling must have just gotten better when Pakistan were 91 for 5 in the 12th over with Ashwin being the destroyer in chief.

But that was when the dam broke and the flood waves of sixes and fours washed away the Indian team in to oblivion.

Kamran Akmal played a magnificent innings and scored at a little less than two a ball as he smashed sixes left, right and centre. Malik, not wanting to be left out of the party, joined in and even out did Akmal when it came to the strike rate. The interesting fact to note is that all Indian batsmen combined, the ones that batted, only had five hits over the rope while Akmal had six off his own bat.

It wasn’t all hit and blitz either from Akmal and Malik.

Initially, during their partnership, they consolidated and batted sensibly before breaking loose. All the bowlers suffered during the assault except for Ashwin. It was especially a bad day for Harbhajan Singh, who is trying to make a comeback in the team.

Zaheer Khan and Irfan Pathan didn’t fare any better either.

If you think Pakistan’s bowling performance was bad, look at the numbers for the Indian bowlers! It was a massacre. This will be a cause of concern for the Indian Team management throughout the tournament.

Afridi’s form and his failure to be effective either with the bat or the ball in the last few games is alarming though he is a big match player and I expect him to be at his best come the crunch games. Imran Nazir’s consistent selection baffles me, though. His past record isn’t flattering and he hasn’t done anything of note in the few games he has been afforded.

A better bet would be to move Nasir Jamshed to open with Hafeez and slot in Asad Shafiq in the middle order. If this match showed anything, it showed that some stability is needed in the middle order and Asad is an ideal candidate for that.

What this match did more than anything else was to prove that it is always premature to write off Pakistan.

Warm up: Pakistan shows India how it’s done – The Express Tribune Blog

It was on some Indian channel yesterday. That Shoaib Malik saddens his in-laws or something along those lines.

Pakistan-cricketers-Kamran-Akmal-Shoaib-Malik-600x394.jpg

Malik, not wanting to be left out of the party, joined in and even out did Akmal when it came to the strike rate. PHOTO: AFP

Express News reported- “Kamran Akmal ne Dhoni ko dho dala!” (Kamran Akmal washed Dhoni away)

Fits Perfectly!

It was on some Indian channel yesterday. That Shoaib Malik saddens his in-laws or something along those lines.

Thats what they are known for. They like making money from dramatic/bollywoodic scenes....

Indian Astrologer Aanjan Daruwala has predicted that Pakistan will lose all it's matches in this T20 WC including this one,while India will lose one match in group while it will go to final and win the Cup !! Virat Kohli will be Man of the Series,Yuvi Man of the Match in the final,Final will be Played against Australia

So guys stop watching this match,Pakistan has already lost the match...I Don't mean to hurt anyone of you but it is a prediction so better believe it

fcuk your prediction ,

Back
Top Bottom