What's new

India to Supply Bangladesh Railways with 120 LHB Coaches in Indian Railways' Biggest Export Order

Let's clear something up.

We didn't go to them and ask for a $2 Billion loan.

They offered it to us voluntarily (I think it's a nice gift to Hasina to keep her in line with New Delhi's wishes).

So then we had to go find things to buy in India (Railway items were a natural, though somewhat imperfect solution). It forced us to buy things from India. IMHO we should have turned it down.

These types of loan will benefit the Indians more than us. It helps their industry and does nothing for ours.

Hasina could have easily gone to any world class bank, borrowed the money and then setup coach manufacture from LHB in Germany/Switzerland itself with ToT (We already have the facility and trained workers in Saidpur). She could have even gotten a cut if she negotiated this with LHB.

We actually shouldn't blame Indians for this. It is us and our succession of corrupt govts.

MW-BS549_flying_MG_20140114161056.jpg

:D

@waz

thread clean-up needed here. Foul language and religious insensitivities from both sides.

Can we stay on topic guys?

Oh brother, try to book a Tatkal ticket from irctc website :hitwall:
always book months ahead- ha ha ha...or I'll just give a call to my Kolkata Agent to book a ticket for me in advance, i don't know how he does it, but he manages almost every time...

Bangladesh should take necessary steps to produce rail coaches by itself.Why we are buying Indian shoddy product? Must have large corruption involved?:undecided:
It was condition that 75% of money should be used by purchasing products or services directly from India. It is not always feasible to produce coaches locally. As India has good experience in coach manufacturing. I think it's a win win situation.

Bangladesh should take necessary steps to produce rail coaches by itself.Why we are buying Indian shoddy product? Must have large corruption involved?:undecided:

It was condition that 75% of money should be used by purchasing products or services directly from India. It is not always feasible to produce coaches locally. As India has good experience in coach manufacturing. I think it's a win win situation.
BD do have the neccessary infrastructure and expertise to build rail coaches in house. Actually they used to produce metergaze coaches in house in 80's but the production was aborted by the later so called democratic government in 90's. Several of those coaches were refurbished and brought back into service by the Sayedpur railway workshop few years ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom