What's new

India to pay Russia for arms, ammo it sells to Afghanistan

Afghan people are not Taliban. You are simply trying to sell that dead horse to everyone. Taliban= Pakistani military and intelligence. Sure it has foot soldiers that are Afghan but the brain behind them is Pakistani.

Similarly, US had other interests in the region. What happened is that shit went horribly wrong.

They have suffered indeed. But that is because they are not looking at a decisive solution.

Can you explain why India is spending so much on Afghanistan? I mean what's in it for India?

Can you explain why India is spending so much on Afghanistan? I mean what's in it for India?

My fellow BRICS friend, Afghanistan has resources. We are a growing economy with a massive population problem. We want those resources and at the same time ensure that Afghans can become a stable, moderate and progressive country.

AyjZ35yCQAAGn5m.jpg:large

images

images

This is how Afghanistan was before it was forced to become like Pakistan due to Cold War politics.

We want to see educated, well-trained, skilled and sensible Afghans who can cooperate with us towards maintaining stability in Asia alongside our other BRICS partners. :)

2 theories:

1- The government sucks donkey d*ck at churning out weapons of quality in time.
2- Russian military gears are something Afghans are familiar with owing to the olden days.

For your first point I think you being an Indian probably know better than me, so I will take your word for it.
The second point not so much.
Take the example of fighter jets. In the olden days Afghans were relying mostly on Mig-21s. Russia doesn't make them any more. What Russia make today is Su-27 and Mig-29 variants. Both of them will be completely new for the Afghans and they will need alot of training to operate such aircrafts. On the other hand you have LCA, which is single engine and thus should be easier to maintain. Don't you think it suits Afghanistan better.

Ensure a stable Afghanistan and recreate the India-Afghanistan-Russia strategic triangle in the region.
The point about this strategic triangle is a complete joke.
Seriously man you think the US will have 10,000-20,000 soldiers stationed in Afghanistan indefinitely and they will let you make such an alliance. How gullible do you think people are here.

Afghan People are fighting they are not organised and west just put label on anybody who they consider hostile Taliban.there are so many group fighting in AF.
Pakistani cannot control their own house what they will be controlling AF mujahideen Lol.
West don't have any solution to Af and they are defeated and humiliated in AF remember Russia was alone but Nato is 28 country what a shame .

Afghan people are not Taliban. You are simply trying to sell that dead horse to everyone. Taliban= Pakistani military and intelligence. Sure it has foot soldiers that are Afghan but the brain behind them is Pakistani.

Similarly, US had other interests in the region. What happened is that shit went horribly wrong.

They have suffered indeed. But that is because they are not looking at a decisive solution.

The Peace and prosperity is only need of Afghanistan
Stop use of Afghanistan for the trade of arms and ammunition
I support that.
There should be no interference in internal political matters.I would like to see economic co-operations and healthy bilateral trade.

u guys just dont discuss about toilets, u rant and troll, we f*** with nobody no one f**ks with us, its as simple as that
The thread is about weapons and its in Afghanistan section of this forum and thats what we are discussing.
Why are you soooo obsessed about toilets? or is that just an Indian thing.

Last edited:

First; Economics.
There are Natural Resources in Afghanistan; which China and India are both investing in.
Then; Strategic requirements.

Adding to what others said.We are investing there becasue we need a stable Afghanistan as it is in our interest not only from an humanitarian point of view but also in strategic point of view.If Afghansitan gets destabilized then Pakistan will direct so callled freedom fighters to Indian administered Kashmir for creating destability there and for its own interests.Now why will Pakistan would do that?? For that you need to know about Kashmir dispute bw India and Pakistan.I can explain that also if you want.

It's now a clear fact that none of our neighbors want an unstable, undeveloped, poor, insecure Afghanistan except Pakistan!

In general the attitudes of our Tajikistani, Uzbekistani, Turkmeni, Iranian brothers and Indian friends have always been supportive and reliable towards Afghanistan; The one and only Pakistan is exceptional in this regard.

Surely this military assistance of India for Afghanistan will mean alot for ANSF and will massively boost ANSF's fire power against state enemies; rest assured the dynamics in Afghanistan has totally changed since cold war era the propagandists predicted many BS for Afghanistan since 2011 continuously up to 2014 but nothing changed the will of Afghan people and Afghans proved themselves victorious on many critical challenges like security transfer, prison transfers, inking multiple strategic agreements, loya jirgas and recently presidential elections. Things are getting better day by day and the awareness of Afghans is higher than ever in regard to geopolitical issues, security, freedom, unity, democracy and well understanding of their enemies!

When pashtuns in east and south Afghanistan march towards Kabul, you will blame ISI/Pakistan again.

What are the figures we are talking about? How much is India going to spend on Russian weapons for Afghanistan.
That depends on the wish list of Afghanistan and how much we can afford and how much things are at stake in Afghanistan.
The article broadly talks about tanks and fighters. But which type of tanks are we to expect some T-90s or is it for used T-72s, why not Arjun?
Read the article again.ANA is aan infantry force they need artilleries,long range guns and not tanks or aircrafts which are useless in counter insurgency operations.
Also I think Afghanistan desperately needs a proper airforce equipped with fast jets.
Your thinking means jack.Weapons will be provided according to the wishlist of ANA and not on the basis of your thinking.

The thread is about weapons and its in Afghanistan section of this forum and thats what we are discussing.
Why are you soooo obsessed about toilets? or is that just an Indian thing.
its u pak members who make every thread related to India a discussion regarding toilets, poverty and other bs, the thing is u are last people who need to tell us about poverty and sanitation, do not try to derail every discussion thats goes on in threads related to India affairs

Back
Top Bottom