What's new

India to order 2nd batch of 36 Rafales in 2020

36 addtional Rafales and 57 Rafale-Ms will be ordered off the shelf from France by 2019, in the meantime DA will set up a production line in India for an addtional 90 Rafales (minimum).

Whislt I am certain of more rafales I am not convinced that the order will be that HUGE

India and china is not in a state of constant conflict like india and Pakistan.

The one war was 1962 since then there has been 3 wars with Pakistan.

China is not a overtly aggressive power . HECK they don't even threaten TAIWAN with who they demand unification.

Chinease military power is currently located and centered around South China Seas and its industrial heartland.

A mere 20% of chinease military power is centred in around himlayers and indo Tibet borders.

The likely hood of a indo china conflict is 0-5% in contrast Pakistan between 50-75% .

So in this scenario RAFALE SU30MKI MIRAGE & TEJAS is a fine mix

India and china is not in a state of constant conflict like india and Pakistan.

The one war was 1962 since then there has been 3 wars with Pakistan.

China is not a overtly aggressive power . HECK they don't even threaten TAIWAN with who they demand unification.

Chinease military power is currently located and centered around South China Seas and its industrial heartland.

A mere 20% of chinease military power is centred in around himlayers and indo Tibet borders.

The likely hood of a indo china conflict is 0-5% in contrast Pakistan between 50-75% .

So in this scenario RAFALE SU30MKI MIRAGE & TEJAS is a fine mix
Why India deploy 300 thousands soldiers along the China India border? Many of them suffer Malnutrition and under equipped.

36 addtional Rafales and 57 Rafale-Ms will be ordered off the shelf from France by 2019, in the meantime DA will set up a production line in India for an addtional 90 Rafales (minimum).
It will cost more than 20 billions USD.

When will you guys realize it's the Generals getting a cut in the deal. Just take that money and invest in a new MCA or something.

Ok. Get ready for a ramble or rant.

When will you realize India is not pariah or any sort of threat to do that?. India has enough nukes and delivery systems to ensure no one do a adventure across the mountains or deserts. MAD is a wonderful thing to have. Adversaries loves to pile on India not having enough nukes. True. Imagine, there is a war. India can and may strike against a nuclear power without any first strike. A tactical nuke to a well populated city is enough. No it is not a victory for India. But a headache for the adversary. Relief and Resources need to be directed to that place. Internal and external pressure will be there for a cease fire. Fine, India doesn't have guts to do that. However, the way I see it, the adversaries do not have the guts to test India as well. It will be 567 cut of the thousand cuts. 433 remaining to use.

Indian response is always reactionary. Not proactive. If that was the case, many of the disputes India havewould have been dealt with.

India is being courted by everyone to buy their wares. And Make in India, which is not a sham as you might want to believe, is helping India do few things.

Lets take a different approach. LCA Tejas, Failure right?. No it is not. The end product, the jet is just the end product. The number of industries that was set up for that is worth the trouble. Yes, again the reactionary mentality or chalta hai is not helping it to reach completion. Do you have any idea the number of IP's applied for this? the amount of products that was sold due to that.

I can give you a different example. Cortana from MS. Do you use it? How much? Siri leads the way you say?. Agreed. Not a sucess. Ok. however, Cortana is a huge hit for MS. As it is just one part of the puzzle for MS.

Why India deploy 300 thousands soldiers along the China India border? Many of them suffer Malnutrition and under equipped.

Why, because of the BSF video?

1. BSF is not military.
2. During Kargil war. IA survived on 5 Star chocolate.

We are a poor country.

Lol there is a reason free media is banned in your country. It makes you people stupid.

Whislt I am certain of more rafales I am not convinced that the order will be that HUGE
The MoD did not commit $2BN USD for Indian specific upgrades (Israeli LDP and HMD, towed decoy, uprated M88 engines etc etc) for JUST 36 birds or just 72 birds, it only makes sense if >150 Rafales are coming. Currently that works out to $55m per plane!

This fact alone comfirms many many more are on their way but just to confirm it we now know the IAF is setting up 3 bases for the Rafale each to handle 2 SQNs (16-18 a/c each) so at least another 72 Rafales are confirmed for the IAF. The Indian Navy will be issuing a RFI for 57 twin engined carrier fighters in the next few weeks,the only candidates are Rafale-M and F-18 and of these two the Rafale-M is the only logical choice. Later this year Dassualt will be bringing a Rafale(s) to the SBTF in Goa to demonstrate/validate the bird's STOBAR performance, the order will be placed by the IN within 18 months of this demonstration.

The writing is on the wall, watch this space.

If you say so.

Indian Navy will be issuing a RFI for 57 twin engined carrier fighters in the next few weeks
This is in addition to LCA Mark 2 ordered or a new replacement requirement?
i remember there was a discussion, that IN would sooner or later start looking beyond MiG 29K for future ACs, so this is a logical course of action.

the order will be placed by the IN within 18 months of this demonstration.
:tup:

After the agni 5 test chinese media went balls...
Now after more rafale you gone desperate

I am delighted that India is looking to buy far more rsfales

Technology wise nothing close to the rafale

Supercruise engines
rbe2 aesa radars
spectra ew suites
meteors ramjet bvrs
scalp land attack cruise missiles

The price is way out of pskistans league they will never be able to acquire such technology

And the chinease lack the engine and cockpit technology if the west

I m just not convinced about their j20/j31,programmes .looks good but they will struggle against late western fighters be it rafale or typhoon

I am delighted that India is looking to buy far more rsfales

Technology wise nothing close to the rafale

Supercruise engines
rbe2 aesa radars
spectra ew suites
meteors ramjet bvrs
scalp land attack cruise missiles

The price is way out of pskistans league they will never be able to acquire such technology

And the chinease lack the engine and cockpit technology if the west

I m just not convinced about their j20/j31,programmes .looks good but they will struggle against late western fighters be it rafale or typhoon
J20 is designed for F22, just don't bring in Rafale . Don't be pretentious jargon.

J20 is designed for F22, just don't bring in Rafale . Don't be pretentious jargon.

Before you dream of taking on raptors you are advised to implement engine e technology that matches the reliability and Maintenance of the west

At the moment China is powering their fighters with previous generation Russian engines

Second usa fighters are networked on global scale to ststlites ship's swacs and network of massive fourth generation fighters .

China has made strides but it's two decades behind the networking ability of USA

Third the usa radars and weapons are far more combat proven and matured than a y chi ease Russian copy radars and weapons.

Fourth the chinease lack the training and modern military doctrine to fight USA in fact I'm convinced the japsnrase south Korean and tiawan would give he'll to chinrase pilots.

Back to topic of India and rafale one word

World class .

Back
Top Bottom