What's new

India stepping up to the challenge of post-2014 Afghanistan

Some Pakistanis do crack me up...
The assumption that Indians will be removed from Afghanistan no matter what is confusing to say the least.

And I wonder is that the reason Pakistan supports Taliban, jus so that India is thrown out?

What if Taliban also comes to a realization that India is not harming Afghanis interest? For Taliban to come back in power they will have to change Thierry ways, Pakistan supporting Taliban is just what Pakistan has been doing all along,let others do the hard work and then try to reap the benefits...

You didn't seem to understand my point.

Afghanistan is linked to Pakistan. Any doubt?

For their survival they are fighting to get our Baluchistan. In fact, even those Pashtun Nationalists are duped into thinking they are more important than Baluchistan.

Why?

It would give the country access to the sea.

I understand you want peace and growth, but on the terms of others, while putting your own nation's aside.

There are seldom men that would sell their mother for that Mercedes, but they are out there.

The people in our country, in the poorest and most violent conditions have not given up hope, while you have already been broken down by propaganda.

What else can I say?

I dont deny one bit of you claim that they are not engaged into such activities but the background behind such motivation is their bitter experience with Pakistan.

And why did Pakistan backed the stupid jihad to begin with - because the country was delusional with brotherhood and never thought for a moment that what if these armed groups decide to switch loyalties??? And came along a fanatic (zia ul haq) who thought selling Islam was a way to fast buck.

Afghanistan future is linked to Pakistan and no major power wants to see Afghanistan as a failed country again which makes Pakistan very insignificant in the equation. It is rather the other way around, Pakistan survival is dependent on its positive and compliant role in Afghanistan.

A typical Pakistani has a very fast reaction when it comes to pointing fingers, bubbling conspiracy theories and passing accusations.

The masses are hopeful - exactly for how long??

Baluchistan today is by no means even a basic example of development while being the most gifted region in natural resources. The insurgency will definitely find its followers among the deprived.

Time to look into our own collar, the continuous experimentation in the country have created a state of identity confusion and "we the righteous and believers against the infidels and apostates" mentality which numbs our ability of looking into our own faults but rather constantly finger point and nit pick on others to live in a delusion of innocence.

Backing the clandestine Afghan jihad was the biggest national security blunder Pakistan could make in its history and I reckon a few years into the future it will be taught as a case study of how countries fail.

I dont deny one bit of you claim that they are not engaged into such activities but the background behind such motivation is their bitter experience with Pakistan.

And why did Pakistan backed the stupid jihad to begin with - because the country was delusional with brotherhood and never thought for a moment that what if these armed groups decide to switch loyalties??? And came along a fanatic (zia ul haq) who thought selling Islam was a way to fast buck.

Afghanistan future is linked to Pakistan and no major power wants to see Afghanistan as a failed country again which makes Pakistan very insignificant in the equation. It is rather the other way around, Pakistan survival is dependent on its positive and compliant role in Afghanistan.

Asal Nishana Pakistan hain.

What will they get from Afghanistan?

Resources.

Servitude.

What is their obstacle?

A nuclear armed Pakistan.

Look. A nation that depends on loans from China to go to war will go to war with China.

It reminds me of a story my grandfather told me.

He told me that in the old days, Hindus would give out loans with extreme rates of interest.

Poor Sikh ignorant cultivators used to take these loans, and in the end after having to keep paying them, would end up killing them because they could never pay off the debt.

This is where the US stands today.

Its goal is to wipe those debts while ensuring it's safety.

Some Pakistanis do crack me up...
The assumption that Indians will be removed from Afghanistan no matter what is confusing to say the least.

And I wonder is that the reason Pakistan supports Taliban, jus so that India is thrown out?

What if Taliban also comes to a realization that India is not harming Afghanis interest? For Taliban to come back in power they will have to change Thierry ways, Pakistan supporting Taliban is just what Pakistan has been doing all along,let others do the hard work and then try to reap the benefits...

The Afghan people have already experienced the fruits of the experiment called "Taliban". Very unlikely that they will ever want to become a test bench once again. I only hope they have now understood that they need employment, investments, infrastructure and industry to survive as a sustainable nation not mosques, madrassas, quran, bible, mullahs etc.

Originally Posted by IndoCarib
So I am pulled out of the car in the freezing cold and given a full body search, with the policemen muttering under his breath in Dari that everyone goes around claiming to be an Indian, especially Pakistanis.

:lol::lol:

Stupid claim because Only Africans in Afghanistan can have some resemblence with Indians. Pakistanis cant claim to be Indians there. they are standout clearly neither Afghanistan is full of Indians that anyone can use their name.

Indians, please get it through your skulls. Uncle sam has called it a day and will leave very soon with his tail between his legs. The so called puppet goverment will last about 6 months after that. The taliban will be back in control and hence you will be more likely stepping down from the challenge.
You cant police what goes on in your own borders aur challe tekha laine dunya ka.
The talibs will only compromise with one, the good old ISI;) you know what I mean. Us ke baad sab ke sab ko behej daeing ge kashmir mei.

I think God has given u special powers where u can see the future perfectly :lol:

Firstly, Americans are not leaving completely post-2014, only there combat forces will leave while they will retain many important bases in Afghanistan just like they did in Iraq, so u can be rest assured of drone strikes + till the Americans will operate those bases, they will make sure that Taliban don't come to power in Kabul since that means danger to there own survival in Afghanistan.

Secondly, Not only India but other major powers such as China & Russia are also investing in Afghanistan & they will make sure that Kabul remains in the hands of a democratically elected liberal govt. so it is not the case of pre-9/11 where world did not bothered who was running Afghanistan, now billions are stake of many countries so they will not like to see there investments fall into a black hole.

Thirdly, I am not saying that Taliban is not a power in Afghanistan, yes they are a power to reckon with as far as Afghanistan is concerned, but they will never be able to control whole of Afghanistan, how much of Afghanistan they can get there hands onto is a totally different question.

Fourthly, when Taliban came to power in 1995, the govt. at Kabul was very weak & they didn't have power to fight to them, thus they lost, but things have changed dramatically now, ANA is very strong with 3+ lakh forces & planning to have there own Air force. So if Taliban again tries to grab power in Kabul they have to fight better trained & better equipped soldiers this time around with nearly every country in this world on there side giving every possible help to them while the Taliban have only Pakistan to look upto which itself is beset with many problems.

Stupid claim because Only Africans in Afghanistan can have some resemblence with Indians. Pakistanis cant claim to be Indians there. they are standout clearly neither Afghanistan is full of Indians that anyone can use their name.

I think Pakistanis are actually pretty short and dark compared to Afghans.

They are an Iranic people, unlike you guys.

Please remember that before going racist on us.

Extremely funny comment, what resembles Pakistanis, Arabs. :cheesy:

very right my pakistani mard e momin brother them short indians can't be compared with pakistanis ;)

I think Pakistanis are actually pretty short and dark compared to Afghans.

They are an Iranic people, unlike you guys.

Please remember that before going racist on us.

LoL.

Short and dark?

Show me your face.

Asal Nishana Pakistan hain.

What will they get from Afghanistan?

Resources.

Servitude.

What is their obstacle?

A nuclear armed Pakistan.

Look. A nation that depends on loans from China to go to war will go to war with China.

It reminds me of a story my a story my grandfather told me.

He told me that in the old days, Hindus would give out loans with extreme rates of interest.

Poor Sikh ignorant cultivators used to take these loans, and in the end after keep having to pay them would end up killing them because they could never pay off the debt.

This is where the US stands today.

It's goal is to wipe those debts while ensuring it's safety.

Typical mullah BS!

We do not live in an age where nuclear weapons can be actually used and secondly they will lead to nothing but destruction of Pakistan itself - so what good they are for is their deterrence value as a last resort measure.

A nuclear armed Pakistan will become an obstacle if it pursues a self centered "we against them" foreign policy - which we are very much trying to do. Time to get over with the polarized past and open new doors of integration. Because this kind of mentality will invite collective wrath of many powers and in all seriousness serves no benefit to Pakistani and Afghani citizens.

Once upon a time Nazi Germany thought they could go to war against entire europe and the result is for all of us to see. Facing the tank with a wood stick is not bravery, it is foolishness.

The Chinese debt on US is very insignificant in overall picture and China needs US more than US needs China.
US is the world industrial innovator and they can pull a lot of gadgets for sale to Chinese to re-claim their debt.

Your arguments are immaturish and hold no weight in true political sense but will make for a very good Ziad Hamid sermon!

Poor Sikh ignorant cultivators used to take these loans, and in the end after keep having to pay them would end up killing them because they could never pay off the debt.

The reason they had to kill themselves is because they never learned to integrate and bargain collectively. Very identical to our situation today, we are at odds with all major stake holders in Afghanistan and trying to pursue our own self centered "we against them" agenda.

Nothing can be farther from the truth that despite hosting millions of Afghani's refugees for three decades, we are treated like sh_t by the Afghan government. Has our dignity become so cheap?

It is definitely happening given our past record of conduct in Afghanistan and is clearly a sign of zero confidence as a country to depend on.

Typical mullah BS!

We do not live in an age where nuclear weapons can be actually used and secondly they will lead to nothing but destruction of Pakistan itself - so what good they are for is their deterrence value as a last resort measure.

A nuclear armed Pakistan will become an obstacle if it pursues a self centered "we against them" foreign policy - which we are very much trying to do. Time to get over with the polarized past and open new doors of integration. Because this kind of mentality will invite collective wrath of many powers and in all seriousness serves no benefit to Pakistani and Afghani citizens.

Once upon a time Nazi Germany thought they could go to war against entire europe and the result is for all of us to see. Facing the tank with a wood stick is not bravery, it is foolishness.

The Chinese debt on US is very insignificant in overall picture and China needs US more than US needs China.
US is the world industrial innovator and they can pull a lot of gadgets for sale to Chinese to re-claim their debt.

Your arguments are immaturish and hold no weight in true political sense but will make for a very good Ziad Hamid sermon!

Spread your cheeks for safety.

Cowardly man you are.

You are 5' 8" right.

You needn't show me yours.

Kuch khaya kar bhai.

Kasrat kar.

Pullups.

Lolz, you're about two inches off.

And strength wise...

Please, If you can even do an hour's worth of work on my land I would give you respect.

Afghan (on the left) versus Pakistani (on the right).

abdullah-gul-karzai-zardari.jpg

Please keep your fair and tall delusions to yourselves here.

Back
Top Bottom