What's new

India second most 'ignorant' nation in the world: survey

And from what I gather in Indian posts here.. it is the illusion of knowledge that guides that ignorance. That ridiculous notion that what they know is correct and anything further to investigate and learn is not needed.

Why single out Indians?
Is the yardstick proudly "Made in Pakistan" ?

Why single out Indians?
Is the yardstick proudly "Made in Pakistan" ?
Because as laid out by the OP, your ignorance restricts you to acquiring knowledge, debating knowledge.. or as as you have aptly demonstrated with almost reflex like nature.. try to compare it with Pakistan in an attempt to excuse off the ignorance. So the Op is not wrong at all then. Also, remember that if you try to drag in Pakistan again on a thread that says INDIA..you will not survive me.

Didn't Find UK in the list................Did the skip their own country..............or are they most intelligent people on Planet Earth

@Oscar The questions posed to the people in this survey are absolutely lame

Do you really think people would care about such things as asked in this so called survey

What kind of survey is this

Ipsos MORI | Poll | Perils of Perception 2015

And what difference does it make to the lives of Indians ; if they dont know the answers
to such questions

That India is ignorant we know but look at Mexico chilling at the top as the most ignorant nation .. kind of funny

If there was ever a list India should be number 1 in......this is the one. They have well and truly earned it.

Actually 'ignorant' list and 'bragging' list is where India should be number 1.

The Indian diaspora wherever you find it is very successful in education and prominent in business, science and other fields but India's ranking in global IQ studies is quite poor. I wonder why this is?

Come on the US comes near the bottom of an ignorance list?

topstories_morans.jpg

The Indian diaspora wherever you find it is very successful in education and prominent in business, science and other fields but India's ranking in global IQ studies is quite poor. I wonder why this is?
The ones who settle in the west are the cream of Indian society in terms of education and IQ. Duh..

Is US included in this survey? Americans are the most ignorant of all
Yes, it is. And no, they are not.

The first should be US though, most of them probably can't locate America on a world map.
Based on?

I shall put a world map in front of you (without names of the countries) and ask you to label each country. Then I shall see how much you know.

There is still no organized structure to promote and motivate students to participate in such events.

See, intelligence is evenly distributed. Then, a lot depends upon how the skills are honed. Finally, it is all about what is your focus, your interests.
If focus of a student is all about getting a corporate job, then, probably he will do well in that area and fair badly in other areas. Versatile genius is an oxymoron in my opinion. That's what the problem is. There has to be specific kinds of preparation for those Olympiads you are talking about, I know, have been in to a few of them. That framework is simply not present !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom