What's new

India second most 'ignorant' nation in the world: survey

Is US included in this survey? Americans are the most ignorant of all

With over 650 millions people having no toilet and 30% of population sleeping on roadsides but nation still dreaming to be next super power mean nothing but ignorance.

Truer words were never spoken. :agree:

The first should be US though, most of them probably can't locate America on a world map.

Truer words were never spoken. :agree:

The first should be US though, most of them probably can't locate America on a world map.
Everyone know where US is. Actually Americans can't locate most of these countries on world map. :yes4:

no but overestimating and underestimating to appear "western standards" is kind of ignorant...One would have ticked dont know or not participated....Like
That's why I said, I would like to know their methodology. If you are asked to take a guess, you would take a guess. It could mean anything, inconclusive at the end, nonetheless.
I wonder what was their methodology, or further more important, purpose!!

One should have a rough idea of how much of what is going on in THEIR country esp since every indian here thinks he has a PhD in Pakistani affairs.....surprisingly they ignored their own affairs ...sounds like the neighbourhood aunty :rofl:
Yes, one should have a rough idea. That covers topics like current affairs and general knowledge. Nowadays I have started going for on campus recruitment drives, in some of the best colleges in India. I wouldn't expect right answers for those questions even from them. At best, I can have an idea about his rationale behind why he is making that guess. That will be a follow up question.

Never heard of this ipsos mori. How ignorant of me.
However, there is no denying that we do have a gap in understanding between the more necessary tasks at hand and superficial BS. But as a developing nation, it's a tough ask to worry about bread or what's going on the next lane.
But as always hopeful.

Sooon number will rise against indian attotude to other religions

r*tarded Pakistani media.
New Survey Reveals Top 10 Ignorant Countries Of The World. Guess Where India Is On The List!

That's why I said, I would like to know their methodology. If you are asked to take a guess, you would take a guess. It could mean anything, inconclusive at the end, nonetheless.
A simple google can help with methodology if you really were interested : Ipsos MORI | Poll | Perils of Perception 2015

As for guessing people who take these surveys should know they are representing their country!

Yes, one should have a rough idea. That covers topics like current affairs and general knowledge. Nowadays I have started going for on campus recruitment drives, in some of the best colleges in India. I wouldn't expect right answers for those questions even from them. At best, I can have an idea about his rationale behind why he is making that guess. That will be a follow up question.
1) So even uni students dont know current affairs and here on PDF we have PhD in Pakistani affairs and denial syndrome when you tell them reality! It IS a problem to think you know alot about your neighbour when you know zilch about your own!
2) Well, that is for the one answering to know why he answered such offshoots!

wow.. woke up early today! This is actually working!

A simple google can help with methodology if you really were interested : Ipsos MORI | Poll | Perils of Perception 2015

Doesn't say a thing about methodology.
Methodology covers points like -
1. Where was this done.
2. How many people participated.
3. What was the distribution.
4. How is it comparative.
5. What were the age groups.
6. What were the mode of questionnaire.
etc etc...
As for guessing people who take these surveys should know they are representing their country!
That will backfire so fast upon you, before you even know it :)
Let's just say, sportsman or PM represents a nation and normal people give opinions.

1) So even uni students dont know current affairs and here on PDF we have PhD in Pakistani affairs and denial syndrome when you tell them reality! It IS a problem to think you know alot about your neighbour when you know zilch about your own!
2) Well, that is for the one answering to know why he answered such offshoots!

Read carefully. I said students from these top colleges have a very strong idea about.

Quite stupid already to beat around a bush like this one. How many of these pointers you knew about regarding your country ?

Only an idiot would memorise all these data and facts like number of atheists, internet penetration when information is at the fingertips in today's world. Why tax your brain with garbage?

Well done India.

No surprise though, I mean if Indian people can democratically, under nor force or coercion, elect a Hindu Extremist Narendra Modi as their Prime Minister, then what can you expect from this country.

Here comes a worthy competitor for PEW , with it's competitively minuscule sample size, stupid questions and utterly ridiculous conclusions. :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

India second most 'ignorant' nation in the world: survey

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: A London-based market research firm has ranked India as the second most ignorant nation in the world.

Ipsos MORI conducted a survey in which they polled 25,000 people in 33 countries and found that while people “over-estimate what we worry about”, a lot of major issues are underestimated.

Based on the findings of the survey, Ipsos ranked nations on their “ignorance” level. The “ignorance” level was determined by a survey posing questions about topics such as wealth that the top one per cent own, obesity, non-religious population, immigration, living with parents, female employment, rural living and internet access.

‘Hate in India’: Cow is safer in India than a Muslim, says Tharoor

Although the survey did not specifically mention anything about intolerance or communal divide, most Indians answered the first question wrong misjudging economic inequality since they had no clue that 1% of the population actually possesses 70% of the nation’s wealth. Additionally, most Indians overestimated the atheist population to be 32%.

Further, India fell in the list of nations which overestimate representation by women in politics and in workplace. However, the Indian population seriously underestimates the rural population of the country and thinks more people have internet access than in reality.

Growing intolerance in India extremely worrying: Shabana Azmi

The survey results were published online, with Mexico on the first position, followed by India, Brazil and Peru respectively.

Here is the list of the 10 most ‘ignorant’ nations:

1) Mexico

2) India

3) Brazil

4) Peru

5) New Zealand

6) Colombia

7) Belgium

8) South Africa

9) Argentina

10) Italy

Just wondering ..what is wrong being ignorant? Am i missing anything??

Well done India.

No surprise though, I mean if Indian people can democratically, under nor force or coercion, elect a Hindu Extremist Narendra Modi as their Prime Minister, then what can you expect from this country.

Did I just see someone relate Modi to a question like how many Indians live with their parents ?

What are you doing here ? They should let genius folks like you to run your country.

@Rain Man @ranjeet See this gem..He also has a nickname that is the space agency of his country. Makes sense alright.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom