What's new

India pledges $100 million in fresh aid to Afghanistan

Someone should search for how much aid altogether has Afghanistan received since 2001 NATO invasion. I think Afghanistan has received billions in aid. Afghanistan receives aid for literally doing nothing just for being a victim.

Update: Just looked up data on this Afghanistan has received Internationally (mostly from western countries) $26.7 billion in total from 2002-2009. This poor handicap country is just going to eat more and more aid money. US should cut off aid to Afghanistan, its just a waste of money let Afghanistan generate its own revenue starting with merchant class.

http://www.globalhumanitarianassist...gha-Afghanistan-2011-major-resource-flows.pdf

dear you are already doing it openly..........but what about if will start supporting gilgit baltistan freedom moment to get free from Pakistan occupied Kashmir and to merge in azad Kashmir.........
but i am sure.......Indian is not involve in baloch issue

Gilgit Baltistan and Azad Kashmir fought without help. Now that they have experienced freedom in Pakistan, they would never think about going across the border, surrounding by 700,000 soldiers.

My assumption would be that Indians are slightly more or slightly less charitable/Machiavellian/Realist than Pakistanis.

You know it curious that a country that has been a democracy much longer than Pakistan has such a narrow range of opinions. It is fascinating how you are able to echo lock stock and barrel the official government line.

I am merely repeating what is officially stated time and again by my country's governments through successive years of WOT since 2002.

Why are you surprised?

And yes, we are much more realists than you are, which is what has always been the core of our foreign policy.

But the assistance to Afghanistan continues BECAUSE they can be trusted, which is why we are helping development there.

A rising Afghan economy means more trade with us, better contracts for our companies and also a mutual development solution.

Our manufacturing sector is very poor compared to China.

Being able to access rich raw materials from Afghanistan under a far more credible ruling government next year onwards means it will enable our economy also to re-ignite the growth engine.

So how is it narrow?

Trade and commerce is always the prime focus among foreign affairs when providing assistance to another country's rebuilding.

Military developments follow once this confidence is established.

And that's where India is different from Pakistan and USA as far as Afghanistan is concerned.. Afghan land and politics is for Afghans.. we dont need or want it..... Afghan friendship though is what we are after :)

Strange that it were we Pakistanis and USA who were helping Afghans to kick out the Soviets from Afghanistan and you were in Soviets lap at that time.

And its us I mean We Pakistanis who are hosting these Afghans. And I dont see India in the picture.

Not massive,but spent on important areas.Right priorities.

We can easily help Afghans the way they want to have it, PROVIDED a strong government is there at the centre. The current government is a minority government in the parliament, held by strings of black money bribed to other local parties for its support.

Other than any political dissatisfaction that I have here I would like to state that, any government in such position cannot take strong decisions in a parliamentary democracy.

Elections are next year which means that the new government will be very very different from what you're seeing here.

It may continue the same level of assistance in terms of financial handouts, BUT their attitude towards Pakistan/Taliban attacks would be very different and much to the latter's dislike.

That's the government we're talking about in my above lines.

However, if you observe we are not assisting their military programs which YOU and ISAF are: supplying weapons, equipment, counter terrorism, police duties, training programs etc. The only military assistance we are giving is more concessions in terms of numbers to the Afghan cadet officers to train at Indian military establishments in India.

Afghanistan was a strong, stable and prosperous country until US and Pakistan meddled and destroyed it.

Now the same Taliban is destroying its once-creators and you're getting angry about it.

At least now open your eyes and see what your governments have done, dude.

Afghanistan was a strong, stable and prosperous country until US and Pakistan meddled and destroyed it.

You badly need a history lesson. It was the 10 year Soviet invasion and war that ravaged Afghanistan and then after 1990 years of civil war ensued in Afghanistan--conflicts which neither US nor Pakistan started. Soviets destroyed and razed towns and villages. Durning the civil war post 1990 factions were fighting no government present whatsoever, complete chaos. So don't blame US and Pakistan, in fact these two countries have defended Afghanistan being annexed and taken over by the Soviets as well as given aid. Pakistan gave over a million Afghans refugee today their refugee population is over 2 million, an economic burden on Pakistan

Beside, Afghanistan was never strong in the 20th century so what are you even talking about Afghanistan being strong. If it were so strong perhaps it could have defended itself as you insist. Afghanistan was relatively stable in the 70's before Soviet invasion, that is the only correct point you mentioned rest is fallacy.

Prosperous and powerful afganisthan is pakistan's nightmare because it knows the durand line is not accepted by any afghan.Thats why PA often used religious fanaticism to suppress pashtun nationalism that would threaten durand line stance of pakistan.
Pak wants docile weak afghan govt that will toe its line on durand line or religious fanatics on whom islam can be used to divert attention from the divided border.

I am merely repeating what is officially stated time and again by my country's governments through successive years of WOT since 2002.

Why are you surprised?

And yes, we are much more realists than you are, which is what has always been the core of our foreign policy.

But the assistance to Afghanistan continues BECAUSE they can be trusted, which is why we are helping development there.

A rising Afghan economy means more trade with us, better contracts for our companies and also a mutual development solution.

Our manufacturing sector is very poor compared to China.

Being able to access rich raw materials from Afghanistan under a far more credible ruling government next year onwards means it will enable our economy also to re-ignite the growth engine.

So how is it narrow?

Trade and commerce is always the prime focus among foreign affairs when providing assistance to another country's rebuilding.

Military developments follow once this confidence is established.

I think there is no meeting of the minds that is possible here - we'll just talk past each other.

Curious: how old are you?

I think there is no meeting of the minds that is possible here - we'll just talk past each other.

I am willing to take the risk of an intelligible debate with you.

Curious: how old are you?

Much older than some who don't show their true flags despite repeated warnings and requests from the forum administrators.

Now it would be prudent if we can get back to the discussions rather than judge each other personally.

Prosperous and powerful afganisthan is pakistan's nightmare because it knows the durand line is not accepted by any afghan.Thats why PA often used religious fanaticism to suppress pashtun nationalism that would threaten durand line stance of pakistan.
Pak wants docile weak afghan govt that will toe its line on durand line or religious fanatics on whom islam can be used to divert attention from the divided border.

and you think without pakistani help this aid will help afghan govt wo stay in govt. after 2014.

I am willing to take the risk of an intelligible debate with you.

No I think we cannot - you premise of "holier than thou" is not reconcilable with my understanding of reality.

true flags despite repeated warnings and requests from the forum administrators.

I hope you are not referring to me

Now it would be prudent if we can get back to the discussions rather than judge each other personally.

No seriously I'm curious to know what Indians of different strata think - my only exposure to Indians is in the US of late?
Have you ventured outside India ?

Strange that it were we Pakistanis and USA who were helping Afghans to kick out the Soviets from Afghanistan and you were in Soviets lap at that time.

And its us I mean We Pakistanis who are hosting these Afghans. And I dont see India in the picture.

I cant be blamed for your myopia :)

India Already accepted Talibans, well sure try to support Baloch Rebels you are already doing it. it will give us chance to support Moist and kashmir movements more openly. :D

And our clerks in Ministry of External Affairs would busy in typing the Recognition Letter for newly formed countries Pakhtunistan, Baluchistan etc. :D

Another India-Afghan thread derailed. I was hoping to see how these assistance would help Afghans but the trolls never relent. :hitwall:

Back
Top Bottom