What's new

India, Pak have crappiest drinking water

PWO water supply in Pindi is by far the safest when tested by independent labs. Wonder why 😂
Maybe due to the fact the source is Rawal Dam not surrounded by huge population and Khanpur dam, with filtration plants, and cleaner catchment areas with no dangerous pollutants.

Source: Rawal Lake Filtration Plant, Khanpur Dam, Tomar Service Reservoir and Tubewells.

Simly Dam is the main source for Islamabad, I guess.

I can vouch for that. It's getting worse in PK. During my last visit in 2015 I was able to drink the local water in Mirpur and in our village in AJK and never had a problem.

This time round in the summer - it gave me an upset stomach - had to stick to mineral water.

I think a big contributing factor in the village is the plastic bottles and coolers for storage of water. They've done away with these bad boys.

1681124074654.png

For a city you are looking in billions of rupees of investment. For villages it’s easier due to limited infrastructure.

I know that the treatment plant in Pindi cost 2billion PKR.
So about 7-8 million dollars? Not that much if you consider what can be removed from it could be potentially processed and turned into an input for another industry, making the process sustainable, at least in terms of operation it not the Initial investment.

Well,

for one, population ,.... massive population is an issue.
This overpopulation BS is just repetitive at this point. On one side anglosaxons do not let the governing structure develop, and use implosion tactics to prevent efficient use of local resources. On the other hand, the over-population is a PrObleM.

Some 10 years back, Chinese govt offered to setup a waste water processing plant in my city (which is not even top 50 cities, population-wise). But the dEmocRatic govt of PPP had other ideas.

Another propaganda article by russkie drug addict gypsies shiite establishment of russia the whole world knows the biggest dirtiest country of the world with its dirty population is india russia's ally all indian propaganda channels are headquartered in russia including hindustan times

Even in our villages now the trend is for aluminium underground cabling. With the only the distribution point “Khamba” pole being outside the house - this has reduced the risk of electrocution during storm and foul weather events which are still every common in Pakistan.

Karachi and Lahore and perhaps sadder/ hati chowk are the only other places where overhead cables still haven’t been updated despite large consumer demands.

View attachment 924021

Like what the F is this shit?

I will tell you what that is. That is what we call a death wish. Can you imagine that a country is just moving along after so many decades and such incredibly rudimentary things haven't changed? Millions of people walk in major cities where such death cables are dangling day in day out. There is not a single soul to ask the question. It sums up our story.

I can vouch for that. It's getting worse in PK. During my last visit in 2015 I was able to drink the local water in Mirpur and in our village in AJK and never had a problem.

This time round in the summer - it gave me an upset stomach - had to stick to mineral water.

I think a big contributing factor in the village is the plastic bottles and coolers for storage of water. They've done away with these bad boys.

View attachment 924039

This is the same country where rivers of clean mineral water flows into dirt.

IMG-20230315-WA0076.jpg

Recently I stood here and drank clean water flowing directly from the mountains of Swat. The water was incredibly tasty and healthy. The guide was telling us that normally you can't stand at this place during the summer as the water inundates the massive rocks. The water isn't preserved in dams or otherwise. Every single day clean water is lost and merged into dirty rivers and we cry that Pakistan is a water scarce country. We can't even manage the resources we have at our disposal.

To think that this is just one such place where water is lost. Pakistan has countless valleys where mineral water is flowing in abundance.

Contamination of ground water tables is a serious problem. We will see the effects of this in 20-30 years when people get older.
I know of a small town in Punjab where sewerage water mixes with ground water causing diseases like Hep c.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom