What's new

India offered Sukhoi Su-35

su-37 would have been a better offer :smitten:

35397.gif

* It is a single seat fighter modified from the 1st generation Su-35 prototypes for thrust vector control testing.

*3D TVC but also is tough and resistant to engine surge even during classic, inverted and flat spins, giving better reliability and maneuverability.

*The number of missiles and bombs carried can be increased to 14 with the use of multi-payload racks.

but its still not fully developed ! :whistle:

Check my last post, the MKI already has techs of Su 37 and the development ended some years ago, it was only a tech demonstrator.

i dont think india needs to spend for the su-35, i kno it has a better airframe and better engine, but its pretty much the su-30mki... besides its only single seater, and india should just wait for the pakfa...and besides they have ordered 280 mki.. delivered by 2015, around the time the pakda goes into production...

The MKI variant features several improvements over the basic K and MK variants and is classified as a 4.5 generation fighter.[9][10] Due to similar features and components, the MKI variant is often considered to be a customized Indian variant of the Sukhoi Su-35

SuMKI=Su35+Su27+Western Avionics+Israeli Jammers....

We already have what Su-35 has to offer, perhaps more than that,
"Nam me kya Rakkha Hai dosto?"

Indian politicians are Tooooooo Slow in making India defense Strong.

Americans, Israels, Russians, European are ready to sell new technology to India, and Politicians should take advantage of this.

but please do remember that india is a butt buddy of china soo i think even if they dont want they will have to get it

Indian politicians are Tooooooo Slow in making India defense Strong.

Americans, Israels, Russians, European are ready to sell new technology to India, and Politicians should take advantage of this.

That's the problem desiguy, India has a history of politicians taking advantage.

That's why these processes were put in.
To try to reduce the amount of corruption that can take place.

I am just happy that things are at least on track and progressing.

SuMKI=Su35+Su27+Western Avionics+Israeli Jammers....

We already have what Su-35 has to offer, perhaps more than that,
"Nam me kya Rakkha Hai dosto?"
That's right, but what about 50 Su 34 instead of the 50 new MKIs? There was a special version of it for the maritime patrol role, with special avionics and the ability to launch sonar buoys and torpedos. It is designed with reduced RCS and more comfort for the pilots in long patrol missions. If we could get them with the same radar and engines, that the upg MKIs will get and able to fire Brahmos, these fighter bombers would be a great addition for MP and deep penetration strike missions.

0ce60aae19b706a6f8b16dc4d274db44.jpg

That's right, but what about 50 Su 34 instead of the 50 new MKIs? There was a special version of it for the maritime patrol role, with special avionics and the ability to launch sonar buoys and torpedos. It is designed with reduced RCS and more comfort for the pilots in long patrol missions. If we could get them with the same radar and engines, that the upg MKIs will get and able to fire Brahmos, these fighter bombers would be a great addition for MP and deep penetration strike missions.

0ce60aae19b706a6f8b16dc4d274db44.jpg

New plane means new logistics, not worth it right now.
We have enough inductions planned as it is.

MMRCA(EF, or F/A-18) , MKI , LCA and the FGFA(i wish they gave it a name already)
Those planes alone make the IAF a world class air force.

Not to mention the Inductions for Copters like
LCH, AHC(armed Dhurv) , Apache , Chinook

As well as Cargo planes
Hercules, Globemaster , MTA

Don't forget all the UAV's and UCAV's, that will be developed and inducted.

All that's left is long range strategic bombers.
The relevance of which i feel has diminished as of late, Especially woth Long range UCAV's

Imagine being responsible for the Induction and logistics for all Those Aircraft by 2020. And you are told, the SU-35 will be inducted and needs its own facilities for repairs and arrangement of spares.

Its really big list when you look at it all at once. That's the IAF's modernization program in a nutshell.(excluding all the new ordnance, Missile defense , SAMS, AWACS and satellites).

With all this
How much of a difference will 50 su-35 make, compared to simplifying things by adding just another 50 MKI instead

However, is Russia wants to sell the special Maritime patrol version the, IN may show interest if the same tech can be adapted to the Mig-29K.

Navy has enough ships(3A, multiple frigates and destroyers numbering 100+) and Subs(12 nuclear) to induct without having to induct yet another aircraft apart from the Mig-29k and LCA-N. A varriation of the Mig-29K will be good enough.

Last edited:
Agree with gogbot, we should now be focusing and spending money on more local production and technology transfer. We have enough purchase of new hardware in the pipeline as it is.

Back
Top Bottom